Is there anything positive on the vaping horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
FDA regulations, taxes, sterilized armed-guarded eliquid manufacturing complexes, mech mods exploding, isticks exploding, 260 watt flamethrowers bursting into flames, folks wondering why their nichrome melts when they try to fire it at 12 volts (2200 watts???), cloud competitions sponsered by heavyset, bald bearded dudes with black t-shirts and attitudes (stereotype, added for sarcastic irony...I mean, that's how we portray the "bad vaper" that's ruining it for all of us, right?), mis/lack of information everywhere, and the constant bickering about all of the above.

Some days I wonder if my personal-paltry risk of lung cancer wasn't easier to stomach.

Last edited:

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Well I am doing my best to MAKE the future of vaping brighter, instead of sitting back and waiting to see what happens (which will surely be bad unless we do something about it NOW)

Don't let the bad news defeat us before it's over. The fat lady may be in the wings, but she hasn't sung yet.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Things keep going the way they have, apathetic vapers will become smokers.

Sure, it's an uphill battle for us, but we have to keep hammering on the legislators, the media. Don't fight them, we lose. Yeah, we may lose anyway, but don't fight and it's a certainty.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
You're right about crazy rules and regulations created by the triad (governments, Big Tobacco, Big Pharma) but wrong about all those fires and explosions as in fireworks and pretty much biased regarding those that apparently should and should not vape. And I am very much normal and even a conservative in ways!

Anyway, the best attitude is not to let things get to you. Not that I manage, mind...

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
No one ever said this battle would be easy, but then nothing we have ever gained has been easy. It is up to us to try to fight the restrictions they want to place and to properly educate those around us.

It will also be up to us to keep vaping going if the worst does happen. Laws can be changed, research needs to continue, and people need to know. So even if we lose in the short term, it won't be over.

Most of us here will be able to continue if we so choose. Yes, some will most likely go back to smoking, that is a sad reality we face, but nothing they can do will stop us if we want to vape. This isn't just about us though it is about the people who don't have the same information or knowledge we do, who for whatever reason don't have the community support we share. They are the ones who will be hurt by this the most.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
We are gaining ground, but it will probably get worse before it gets better. Even Mitch Zeller himself seems to be coming around (albeit ever so slightly). In Grim's recent vlog he reads an article where Mitch seems to be acknowledging what we already know, nicotine may not be as dangerous as the public has been led to believe, and that if not attached to smoking, there is no real danger.

Help where you can, show up when you can and donate when you can. We may not be able to stop the coming BS, but if we put up a united front we can most definitely mitigate it.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Help where you can, show up when you can and donate when you can. We may not be able to stop the coming BS, but if we put up a united front we can most definitely mitigate it.

It will also be up to us to keep vaping going if the worst does happen. Laws can be changed, research needs to continue, and people need to know. So even if we lose in the short term, it won't be over.

I went from thinking it was all over, to somewhere along the lines of these two thoughts.

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
NotBlowingSmoke.org really needs to put out some window stickers, license plate frames, cheap free advertising that many of us would not hesitate to display. The more non-smokers/non-vapers we can drive to their website the better.

Is why I have it linked in my sig, and I do know they are trying to do more on a national level at this point, even have a go fund me page set up to help pay for it.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I tried to be the good vaper and fight against the regulations so we could all vape in peace and there would be positivity on the horizon.

But since then I've given up on fighting honestly, I have the means to keep vaping for sometime to come. With or without regulations. Everytime I load up the forums I'm bombarded by ridiculous stereotypes and blame for said regulations because I don't vape how others want me to. So enjoy the letter writing I'll be in the corner vaping on my FDA magnet build, wearing my black tee, and tattoos for everyone to see.

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I tried to be the good vaper and fight against the regulations so we could all vape in peace and there would be positivity on the horizon.

But since then I've given up on fighting honestly, I have the means to keep vaping for sometime to come. With or without regulations. Everytime I load up the forums I'm bombarded by ridiculous stereotypes and blame for said regulations because I don't vape how others want me to. So enjoy the letter writing I'll be in the corner vaping on my FDA magnet build, wearing my black tee, and tattoos for everyone to see.

So you don't think others deserve the same chance you got?

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona

I have seen what a handful of people can do, and when I say handful I mean less than 5, in a city council meeting. The town I live in was ready to ban vaping indoors, but one persistent shop owner managed to educate the board and with one of three possible outcomes, they changed their mind to instead only ban vaping in publicly owned buildings. The other two options were all out ban, the course they were on, or no ban, which wasn't going to happen.

Simply changing peoples perception, one person at a time, is what you and I can do. It took years to turn smoking into the villian it is today, it is going to also take years to make people realize we are not smoking. To be honest, the majority of the general public doesn't even see the difference between the two. Just helping them realize how different it is can be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread