GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
One more thing: as part of our GP Service, we'll accept orders for custom short CNC engravings for the new models of our atties and mods with an additional fee, for whoever wants a more personalised look. We recently had requests about it. This service will be activated at the time of the new versions release.
Oh crap

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The AFC ring is part of the Spheroid 4's base and yes it is connected as a hybrid with the Piccolo, no top cap is needed. You just unscrew the 510 bottom cap and a GPin is revealed :)

Heron : “hey! Its mini me!”

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I have been asked about the small gap appearing on the photos with the hybrid connection. Practically is non existent, I just forgot to remove an O-ring which tightens the Spheroid's 510 base cap with the housing :)

Hate when that happens! Us OCD people.. Oh my.. :)

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Hi buddy, long time no see :)

One air slot 3 mm, thank you!
I pledge allegiance, to the VapourArt, and the GP for which it stands, the Spheroid v4 indivisible, with hybrid and AFC for all!!!

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Not me. I imagine that the diameter of the base has been reduced to accommodate an AFC ring to keep it at 16mm overall and you would need to drill a hole on the side for airflow (if you wanted to take advantage of the AFC). Given that there's now a GPin inside and it hybrids with the Piccolo, I assumed that the bottom cap is different as well. I imagine that the Spheroid v4 base is completely different from prior versions of the base, although I wonder if it's compatible with prior versions of the tubes and bell.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I see your point. But I cant help but wonder if it has similar base assembly as heron, then the smaller diameter is the native thread with a gpin assembled with a disk that is to the connection as the heron. Picture the 510 connector removed and a mini heron gpin in its place, external threading for the piccolo... Different base of course. if what I envision is correct, it could be shorter in length.

Of course, this is me thinking out loud.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I'm eager to see additional pictures, particularly of the internals, and learn more. We know from the previously released pictures that the AFC ring is 16mm in diameter (the same as the Piccolo) and I assume that it can be used in both hybrid and non-hybrid mode. Physics dictates that you can't fit a 16mm Spheroid v4 AFC ring on a 16mm Spheroid v3 base.

It's not clear to me if the GPin will screw in to a Delrin disk that screws into the base like the Heron or if it will be held in place with o-rings like the Piccolo (my guess is the latter). Based on comments from Perseas ("You just unscrew the 510 bottom cap and a GPin is revealed") I imagine that the Spheroid v4 base is like the Heron with the GPin and that there's a bottom cap with a 510 connector with the same threading as the Piccolo that screws on top of it.

Reactions: Cucco

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Absolutely, IF you could upgrade to a v4, it would have to be a new base.
Add to that, this is all a moot point if the v4 will be print pressed instead of screwing to the base.
Perseas said it screws to the base still.

The WGU Club Co-Founder

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
And that would be what I get for not paying full attention in class. :facepalm:
Errr, wait, what are we talking about again? I remember reading a couple tidbits on UKV, but I just skimmed the last few posts here, lol, I think I'm the one that didn't pay attention

I assumed you were talking about how the base and the tank fit together? Or were you referring to something else?

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Reactions: Cucco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread