I will have a sad if this is the case... :oops::(:oops::(

tumblr_m27bi7C3d51r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
If the nautilus has a reputation for great flavor... I don't know who says this,

It and the Kanger seemed to be all folks were pushing at the newbies asking for tank advice...didn't matter if they said they only had an ego 600 mah,
"Get the nautilus or Kanger Mini!"
Also, haven't some people reported poor performance with the coils that come with the tank?

Forgot about that...I throw in a rebuild on the new tanks, I'm spoiled!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Thank you! I'll be seeing that in my dreams tonight! :lol:
Don't fret. It will grow back.
New and Improved E-Juice Shampoo,
now available in Strawberry Fuschia
for the best in Brainwashing.

Also a mild laxative

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
Welcome to the foolish asylum, Dreamer13.
Don't know what to say about "decent flavor". For me that's usually a function of the juice more than the tank. Medium and short drip tips... Don't mean to be a pest, but what is medium for you?

I've had 5Pawn, Vape Wild, and Ahl in the tank and get barely any flavor. By small/med drip tip I mean something the same height as what comes on it. I don't much care for the one that's included. Although I don't have much experience in that dept. I like the tip that comes on the Nautilus Mini just fine. I only mention it tho because it was said tips do affect flavor and I was thinking maybe if I change that it might help. Any recommendations will be helpful tho.

Dreamer, did you rinse the tank out before first use? That seems to help get rid of any lingering manufacturing chemicals. Also, I have found that the coils may take a tank or two to "break in".

I soaked it in hot water with dish soap, rinsed it several times and let air dry. Gone through at least 3 or 4 tanks of different juice as well. Possibly expected too much but the flavor is below that of the Nautilus Mini and from what everyone says it was better in their opinion.

On another note, I've tried the Subtank Mini, Atlantis and it's newer version with extra air flow in the tip and didn't care for them. I'm a mouth to lung hitter and those felt uncomfortable or too hot. Guess what it comes down to is there are too many products to choose from, I have limited vape friends or shops and I don't want to dump a ton of $ into stuff that won't work for me. Thanks for the replies guys, sorry for the noob qts.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I've had 5Pawn, Vape Wild, and Ahl in the tank and get barely any flavor. By small/med drip tip I mean something the same height as what comes on it. I don't much care for the one that's included. Although I don't have much experience in that dept. I like the tip that comes on the Nautilus Mini just fine. I only mention it tho because it was said tips do affect flavor and I was thinking maybe if I change that it might help. Any recommendations will be helpful tho.

I soaked it in hot water with dish soap, rinsed it several times and let air dry. Gone through at least 3 or 4 tanks of different juice as well. Possibly expected too much but the flavor is below that of the Nautilus Mini and from what everyone says it was better in their opinion.

On another note, I've tried the Subtank Mini, Atlantis and it's newer version with extra air flow in the tip and didn't care for them. I'm a mouth to lung hitter and those felt uncomfortable or too hot. Guess what it comes down to is there are too many products to choose from, I have limited vape friends or shops and I don't want to dump a ton of $ into stuff that won't work for me. Thanks for the replies guys, sorry for the noob qts.

Have you put the Nautilus Mini drip tip on your M? Did it change the flavour to you or not?
I have some PMMA vases but I brought them at a B&M and can't find them online so I can't point you to them exactly.
Maybe try a bunch of different drip tips from Fasttech, just buy one of each until you find something you like.
POM type: $4.79 POM 510 Drip Tip (6-Piece) - 21.4mm / ships w/ one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
PMMA type: $9.56 Acrylic Round Mouth Drip Tips for 510 / ViVi Nova / DCT (10-Pack) 10-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
If you like metal or glass there are tons of those as well.
If you do try them report back on fit, flavour, quality etc... so we can all have some idea.

For flavour... try another stock coil as some people reported that some are bad out of the box. Rebuilding seems to give better flavour and there is a good video in the thread on how to go about it. It is also possible that the M just isn't for you. It can be hard to find a system that works for you, but once you find something you enjoy and that works well together... buy lots of them... they will be replaced with new models soon enough.
Cheers

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sounds ominous! Enjoy your vapemail:thumb:
Thanks Kivrin!

No nothing bad it just means Canada Post handed it off to the CBSA to see if there is anything they can gouge me for or seize. They will probably have it for six days before they release it back on it's way.

Nothing bad in the package:
GS Air-M & Coils, a few drip tips, some 3mm & 2.5mm Eko Wool (wanted to try some as feeder wicks) and a Kayfun V4 S kit.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Eso no me gusta, Heavy Smoker.......:)
Pues, jodel. Me cacho en la...
Or, as they say in the olde country...¡Hostias! :pervy:

Anyone ever vape this flavor? Is it better with duct tape marinade?
6-21-13-30.jpg

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Pues, jodel. Me cacho en la...
Or, as they say in the olde country...¡Hostias! :pervy:

Anyone ever vape this flavor? Is it better with duct tape marinade?
6-21-13-30.jpg
I only use duct tape to hold the parts together while cookin. (if needed). Love that rub you got there :laugh:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Quelle horreur ! Wo bin ich? Obrigado! :laugh:
Yep. Un huh. Errrm... not sure how to say this to a respected literary personna,
but Portuguese nouns and adjectives have grammatical gender, which ain't the same as sex... but still... I think you meant obrigada.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I purchased a GS Air M about a week ago and I've yet to get decent flavor from it, it's extremely muted for me. I'm using an iStick 20W from 8w all to the way to 15w and still don't see a difference in flavor. I've tried several different eliquids and nothing seems to pop. Even had the air flow half way. I've been following this thread for awhile but can't seem to find a section about drip tips that was chatted about not too long ago. I don't care for huge tips, what their made out of doesn't really matter to me. I've only been vaping for 5 months so I don't have much gear or knowledge.

Anyway...what medium to short drip tips would you guys recommend to help me with flavor? All I have is a Nautilus Mini and a couple ET-S BVC tanks so I was really hoping this would live up to the chatter. Thanks!
I just got some acrylic ones that are the same size as the original M tips. I didn't think I would like them, but they're not really bad. Even though the original is actually plastic, that chrome coating on there makes mine too warm. I am not a fan at all for any metal tips. :)

Hello Dreamer and welcome! :) My opinion is that I think it's the coil. I am one of the few that received a couple bad batches of coils. As in all of the tanks I've ever owned, this has been a problem. Hopefully you grabbed some extra coils when you bought the M so (like Calli mentioned) change the coil and see if that's the problem. I'm vaping on one right now, as we speak that is acting just like yours. :facepalm: This is the same one that had all kind of flavor yesterday! The more bad coils I get, the closer I get to following the rebuilding video that Cheech has kindly published for all of us Tootle Puffers. I really hope a new coil works for you. Happy Friday. :)
vape (chair).gif

Hello everyone! Good Afternoon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread