Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Well I consider thumb a finger. I have five fingers on each hand. And I fire my boxes with any one of my fingers, depending on how I am holding it. Except for my Dimitri which has a top button. That I always fire with my thumb.

I know they're all really fingers, but I worded the poll this way to separate fingers from the thumb. I have gotten used to using my index or middle finger and press the firing button like pulling a trigger. For me, the thumb is awkward, but then I don't have a Dimitri.

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2015
Sometimes i use the inner part of my thumb... Like the opposing side of about the mid length of it, if that makes sense?!
Otherwise its all pointer and middle finger... Now on a tube mod, and depending on how I picked it up, I alternate between my pinky and middle fingers....Probably more pinky than anything else, mainly due to shape of the penny mod :2c:

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2015
We talking a top button box, side fire box or front fire box. Because I can see them all being fired differently by different users.

I don't yet have a box mod I have a mech. Box is On way from China. I fire it with my palm, fingers or thumb. Sometimes the table top or any hard surface.

Is this your first box mod? (And im assuming your talking about a regulated device?) Your gonna love it!!! I get so excited when I talk about powerful devices! I used unregulated tube mods and boxes for so long that when I got my first high powered regulated device I was in heaven. Not to say I dont still love that raw power I get from my Cherry Bomber!!! Sorry to get off topic, And I can also relate to "using any hard surface" to fire off a mod when your hands are full and you really want a pull. At that moment anything turns into a finger or thumb. So on my Sigelei 150,its basically the single most expensive peice of vaping equipment i own to date(yah-I say "to date" cuz im already eying a couple new temp control devices and I find myself drooling at the thought :drool:) so Im usually (USUALLY) very gentle with those buttons as Ive heard some stories of people dealing with sticky, floaty or otherwise janky buttons after some time of use. This device, because of said concerns gets the old "baby fingers" or what we call "dainty digets" lol

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Is this your first box mod? (And im assuming your talking about a regulated device?) Your gonna love it!!! I get so excited when I talk about powerful devices! I used unregulated tube mods and boxes for so long that when I got my first high powered regulated device I was in heaven. Not to say I dont still love that raw power I get from my Cherry Bomber!!! Sorry to get off topic, And I can also relate to "using any hard surface" to fire off a mod when your hands are full and you really want a pull. At that moment anything turns into a finger or thumb. So on my Sigelei 150,its basically the single most expensive peice of vaping equipment i own to date(yah-I say "to date" cuz im already eying a couple new temp control devices and I find myself drooling at the thought :drool:) so Im usually (USUALLY) very gentle with those buttons as Ive heard some stories of people dealing with sticky, floaty or otherwise janky buttons after some time of use. This device, because of said concerns gets the old "baby fingers" or what we call "dainty digets" lol

Yes, first box. No, not regulated. Is a squonker, Smokeless Owl.

Reactions: Derek Cross
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread