Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Are ALL Law and Policy Makers "Tobacco Nazis"?

Good point.

There are tobacco Nazis. It's a cause for them and they really believe they are doing it for the good of the human race. The corporations are only concerned about their bottom line. If cloud chasing put money in their pockets they would be sponsoring competitions every week. If they were allowed to sell vape gear to children they would do it. The politicians are only concerned about the Master Settlement funds and tobacco taxes, so their cushy careers don't get messed up. My personal peeve is folks who think it isn't the politicians, just the liberal politicians. I followed a link here recently to a brilliant article about a meeting of the regulators on the subject of Swedish Snus. No apparent influence of politics or money, just bureaucratic inertia and groupthink. Then there are all the non-smoking voters who make their minds up on the basis of limited and faked up information. Etc.

If we want to win we have a better chance if we understand the other side. I would rather win a partial victory than go down in glorious uncompromising righteous defeat. Although right now I don't think even a limited victory is likely.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is just my personal opinion but, as long as they're able to use "the children" as an argument in and of itself, with no rational/scientific basis, we aren't winning anything.

Adults like flavors, but "the children"
Adults like snazzy packaging, but "the children"
Adults like refill liquid, but "the children"
Adults like higher mg nic liquid, but "the children"
Adults buy stuff online, but "the children"
Adults want to sample flavors in a vape shop, but "the children"
Adults want to be able to vape in public, but "the children"
Adults want to vape in their cars, but "the children"
Adults want to vape in their apartment, but "the children"
Adults don't want to buy crappy sealed carto cigalikes, but "the children"

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is just my personal opinion but, as long as they're able to use "the children" as an argument in and of itself, with no rational/scientific basis, we aren't winning anything.

Adults like flavors, but "the children"
Adults like snazzy packaging, but "the children"
Adults like refill liquid, but "the children"
Adults like higher mg nic liquid, but "the children"
Adults buy stuff online, but "the children"
Adults want to sample flavors in a vape shop, but "the children"
Adults want to be able to vape in public, but "the children"
Adults want to vape in their cars, but "the children"
Adults want to vape in their apartment, but "the children"
Adults don't want to buy crappy sealed carto cigalikes, but "the children"
That pretty well says it all :facepalm: When did it come to but "the children" and anyone over 18 lost their rights to the pursuit of those things that bring joy to their lives because we as a society must protect the children.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Possible not ALL, but I'd with things like BT, BP, and MSA Money at stake I'll definitely go with a Majority

OK... So here is a Hypothetical Question.

If e-Liquids were Taxed at the Same Daily Rate as say a Pack of Cigarettes, do you think there would be the Same Amount of "Tobacco Nazis"?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
image.jpg
It's freaking batman
image.jpg
It's a pirate, kids love pirates!
image.jpg
My daughter loves mermaids!
And my personal favorite
image.jpg
image.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That pretty well says it all :facepalm: When did it come to but "the children" and anyone over 18 lost their rights to the pursuit of those things that bring joy to their lives because we as a society must protect the children.
I doubt that "It takes a village" was the first incarnation.
In fact, I think it may have always been this way.

But "It takes a village" was not a good thing for the public to embrace.
It takes a parent, not a village.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

If e-Liquids were Taxed at the Same Daily Rate as say a Pack of Cigarettes, do you think there would be the Same Amount of "Tobacco Nazis"?
Depends on if the "do-gooders" continued to get their share.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas

I would suspect that the 'Political Branch' would fade, but the hardcore 'Tobacco Nazis' will die screaming for TC.
Throw the Politicians enough money and they'll go back to sleep. Just like they have been doing for years.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Depends on if the "do-gooders" continued to get their share.

Oh I'm sure Something could be Arranged.

Kinda like when California proposed the Lottery. And people were Against it. Said it was Gambling.

But those Same people Jumped on the Bandwagon when California said they would give ___% to the School Systems.

Reactions: EBates

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
Mr Clean could appeal to kids, and I'm sure a swig of that wouldn't be great. It's just perception...adult products are adult product no matter how they're labeled. As an adult it is our responsibility to keep this stuff out of reach or even sight of children whether it has a teddy bear or a skull with X's on it. I always thought this, even with the whole Joe Cool camel thing...kids didn't pick up smoking cuz of a cartoon camel, they picked up smoking cuz they saw their parents or somebody they looked up to in real life ripping butts. I started smoking cuz I thought my dad was cool, not becuz I thought Joe Camel was cool

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I would suspect that the 'Political Branch' would fade, but the hardcore 'Tobacco Nazis' will die screaming for TC.
Throw the Politicians enough money and they'll go back to sleep. Just like they have been doing for years.

Yeah... No Real reason to keep Demonizing it would there.

In fact, some would Probably do a 180 and come out and say that it was Better than Adults Smoking. Because it Is.

What would they Care? Their getting their Tax Monies so all would be Same - Same.

Reactions: EBates

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas

Yeah, preach that to folks who let their kids go play without mom/dad hovering over them. Reference the Free Range Kids 'news story'. The village is full of Do It My Way A-Holes.
Kids calling the police because their parents took their cell phone away. Reference recent 'news story'
I shudder to think how many CPS visits my parents and myself would have enjoyed.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, preach that to folks who let their kids go play without mom/dad hovering over them. Reference the Free Range Kids 'news story'. The village is full of Do It My Way A-Holes.
Kids calling the police because their parents took their cell phone away. Reference recent 'news story'
I shudder to think how many CPS visits my parents and myself would have enjoyed.
My siblings and I grew up as free range kids. Yep, Mom and Dad would have been visited by them daily. Fortunately most kids were that way during my childhood. I actually feel sorry for the kids growing up the way they do now :(

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
My siblings and I grew up as free range kids. Yep, Mom and Dad would have been visited by them daily. Fortunately most kids were that way during my childhood. I actually feel sorry for the kids growing up the way they do now :(

Yeah, now since our 'justice system' can't/won't make our streets safe for kids or anyone else for that matter. Now you have to get a map of your area to find out where the perverts live in your own neighborhood.

ETA: I guess soon the 'Village' will require leashes for your kids.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I guess I feel any product that has a high potential of poisoning young children should not have labels that make it look fun to consume call me a stick in the mud but if you saw that label on a household cleaner would you feel the same way? I love cute things, I have even bought mods because they were cute or I loved the color but the main difference for me in this is I can read to know what is in the bottle without a cute label while young children can't and they are the largest group of accidental poisonings by ingestion.

Reactions: Just Me

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

I am not sure if the "it takes a village" is a bad thing. I do not shy away from telling any of the children in the neighbor what they are doing wrong. I have done so many times and have knocked on a few parents doors.

The issue now is the "it takes a village" has turned into " I am the government, I know better than you and I will take care of the children". The sad thing is take all of their nannies away, take the dinks out of the mix, and the government servants that are too busy making themselves rich through their librays and foundation... you have no one left.

The village is gone.. now all we got is "here I come to save the day" government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread