Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I scanned through this garbage. I still am not clear on some of this. We have to go to the tax office, and file some kind of paperwork, that will probably have to be notarized. That will include our personal info. This info is on a commercial database, that has yet to be defined, from what I can tell. This will be a hackers dream. Who will have "authorized access" to this commercial database? How much will this cost the consumer? Does this have to be done yearly? Does this only have to be done after the first time, if you move, or what? So somebody is going to be able to see what brands I like, how much e juice I buy each time. They have my freaking email address. That will make it that much easier for the hackers. Clearly I am an adult. Just having an adult sign for it, is not good enough. They have to be in your personal business, which makes matters worse, in my opinion. How many people who have access will use this info in criminal activity? They can use the info themselves, or sell it. The hackers can bypass that part of it, and just get the info for themselves. I have not heard back from the governor. I won't hold my breath. There is a record of the vote. If they voted for it, vote against THEM in their very next election. Tell them why.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I've found the run down on how the House vote went, but nothing on how the Senate voted. I've sent email to my Representative thanking her for her No vote, but my Senator has not responded. So, I will assume he voted for SB 97. Is there somewhere that I can verify his vote? I fully intend to vote against all that support this trash that Supposedly Saves The Children and Penalizes Everyone else!

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
I've found the run down on how the House vote went, but nothing on how the Senate voted. I've sent email to my Representative thanking her for her No vote, but my Senator has not responded. So, I will assume he voted for SB 97. Is there somewhere that I can verify his vote? I fully intend to vote against all that support this trash that Supposedly Saves The Children and Penalizes Everyone else!

The motion prevailed by the following vote: Yeas 27, Nays 3.

Yeas: Bettencourt, Birdwell, Campbell, Ellis, Eltife, Estes, Fraser, Garcia,
Hancock, Hinojosa, Huffman, Kolkhorst, Lucio, Mene ́ndez, Nelson, Nichols, Perry,
Rodrı ́guez, Schwertner, Seliger, L. Taylor, V. Taylor, Uresti, Watson, West, Whitmire,
Zaffirini.

Nays: Burton, Creighton, Huffines

Reactions: nicnik

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
The motion prevailed by the following vote: Yeas 27, Nays 3.

Yeas: Bettencourt, Birdwell, Campbell, Ellis, Eltife, Estes, Fraser, Garcia,
Hancock, Hinojosa, Huffman, Kolkhorst, Lucio, Mene ́ndez, Nelson, Nichols, Perry,
Rodrı ́guez, Schwertner, Seliger, L. Taylor, V. Taylor, Uresti, Watson, West, Whitmire,
Zaffirini.

Nays: Burton, Creighton, Huffines

Thanks, Huffines was the one I had question on. Guess he did good then.
Where did you find the voting record. I must have checked a dozen places before I got frustrated and sent him an email. Still no response.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Texas Legislature Online - 84(R) History for SB 97

go down to RECORD VOTE which is highlighted in yellow...date 5-18...when you click on that, it will pull up a pdf file...that is where the senate vote record was

No wonder I missed it page 39 of 52. Again Thanks
And the first anyone will know of this crap is when they try to buy something vape related. Special! Our 'Fearless Leaders' at work.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
On the governors site, if you click on news, then legislative, you'll see links to a listing of all bills signed, bills vetoed, in effect w/o signature, etc..

This is to all bills signed - yesterday, it was at 151, now it's 224. he must've had a massive bill signing party ;) Texas Legislature Online - Report

Reactions: kkay59

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I see it now. From your link I copied this.

<<<
Author: Hinojosa
Sponsor: Alvarado | Collier | Guillen | Isaac | Paddie
Last Action: 05/28/2015 E See remarks for effective date
Caption: Relating to regulation of the sale, distribution, possession, use, and advertising of e-cigarettes, cigarettes, and tobacco products; amending provisions subject to a criminal penalty.
>>>

I hope every one of them on that list gets voted out next election.

Reactions: nicnik

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
Looks like according to the Texas Ecig and vaping association a lot has changed for the better in the final bill.

"EVA has prepared this side by side comparison of SB97 "introduced version vs. passed version" highlighting the dramatic changes to, or removal of, sections which concerned vapor retail and distribution"

10502377_457285227770155_4328102318288797622_n.png

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Looks like according to the Texas Ecig and vaping association a lot has changed for the better in the final bill.

"EVA has prepared this side by side comparison of SB97 "introduced version vs. passed version" highlighting the dramatic changes to, or removal of, sections which concerned vapor retail and distribution"

10502377_457285227770155_4328102318288797622_n.png
What does 'No equivalent provision' mean? No Change?
So assume, I live in Plano and drive to Dallas. Dallas has banned everything vape related, but in Plano it's Ok. I can be busted in Dallas?

Reactions: kkay59

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
What does 'No equivalent provision' mean? No Change?
So assume, I live in Plano and drive to Dallas. Dallas has banned everything vape related, but in Plano it's Ok. I can be busted in Dallas?

Means no equivalent requirement or condition in the bill, so I assume there is no equivalent language in the bill I.E not there anymore.

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread