Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hey people!
Missed you a bit, i'm a bit busy but looks like too much for nothing, i'm very tired.

WELL - Wake Up and make sure "You" at least popin every few days to let "Voltville" know Ya' still alive (not everyone belongs to FB to see 'You" are posting there) . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

We'll be in the upper 80s Lizzie. We consider that a cold front. :D

Don't mean to contradict "You", however down here in the South - NOT quite a cold front - just a little cooler and more like Winter . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty good at making sure I'm safe.

That's a GOOD thing and I'm sure everyone who knows Ya' appreciates that too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Life can keep us so busy sometimes I wonder when do we get to rest. Everyone always asks me - Aren't you retired? Nope - not as long as I am alive and married that is - the honey doooo list is more of a challenge than my job ever was... :D:D:D

AND - That "Honey Do" list keeps Ya' even busier when "You" are also the "Honey" doing . . .
bee-movie-drole-d-abeille-12-12-2007-02-11-2007-30-m.jpg

Hubby is going to send me to the twelve step program for gardeners.

In "My" Professional Opinion - NOT Really Gonna' Help Ya' . . . :(
gardening-smiley-emoticon.gif

With all Ya' do - "You" Actually Need One-On-One Assistance . . .
psychologist-smiley-emoticon.gif

woman-Working_in_garden.gif

an old Murray riding mower to Terry for a project. She's got her work cut out for her with that old beast. :laugh:

I will assume (No - Not you "awsum") - That Pun Was Intended . . .
v6sqc1.jpg

There's some really awful stuff at the top of the list of foods that have the most potassium. Just sayin'. :glare:

Some really good things too, that is if "You" like . . . Sweet Potatoes (and so much better then White); Squash (Summer/Winter); Broccoli; Spinach/Kale/Swiss Chard/Collard Greens (Can eat Cold in Salads/Hot as a main/side dish BTW: Nothing wrong with Beet Greens and served cold along with the beets as a salad . . .So "YUM"); Tomato Sauces/Gravy; Beans (especially Split Peas - Split Pea Soup w/Ham . . . "My" Favorite Soup - "YUM" :D ); "Meaty" Fish (Halibut/Salmon/Trout/Tune {even canned)/Seafood (Clams Linguini or New England Clam Chowder), and there is always Orange/Carrot juice . . . Besides the fact that there is high concentrations of Potassium in both Pork and Chicken too . . . AND - As for any "Banana Bread" Ya' can also add raisins (high in potassium) and chopped nuts Ya' do like (BTW: Which anyone who makes some can send "Me" - really like "Me" some banana bread :D ) . . .

Just Sayin' . . .
flirty-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Some really good things too, that is if "You" like . . . Sweet Potatoes (and so much better then White); Squash (Summer/Winter); Broccoli; Spinach/Kale/Swiss Chard/Collard Greens (Can eat Cold in Salads/Hot as a main/side dish BTW: Nothing wrong with Beet Greens and served cold along with the beets as a salad . . .So "YUM"); Tomato Sauces/Gravy; Beans (especially Split Peas - Split Pea Soup w/Ham . . . "My" Favorite Soup - "YUM" :D ); "Meaty" Fish (Halibut/Salmon/Trout/Tune {even canned)/Seafood (Clams Linguini or New England Clam Chowder), and there is always Orange/Carrot juice . . . Besides the fact that there is high concentrations of Potassium in both Pork and Chicken too . . . AND - As for any "Banana Bread" Ya' can also add raisins (high in potassium) and chopped nuts Ya' do like (BTW: Which anyone who makes some can send "Me" - really like "Me" some banana bread :D ) . . .

Just Sayin' . . .
flirty-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Actually, one of the few things that I absolutely can't get past the gag reflex is sweet potatoes. I've never considered myself a picky eater, but there must be something about potassium that adds so many of those items to my Do Not Like list. In the list that you mentioned, I only like the spinach, meats and orange juice. Beans are okay, but I tend to avoid them because they are a starch. Mostly, I live on fruits, raw vegetables, and meat. Oh - and one yogurt in the morning. No breads or other starches if I can avoid them. The only nuts that I like are almonds and cashews. :(

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
there must be something about potassium that adds so many of those items to my Do Not Like list. In the list that you mentioned, I only like the spinach, meats and orange juice.
Maybe take it in a pill, while continuing to increase those you do like. Grapes and raisins are good.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Back to the Food Channel.

Hey Rave, funny I like my bananas a little greener, too, and I never could eat sweet potatoes either. Then I found mashed sweet potato with Vermont (the real stuff) maple syrup. Dice the potato into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes, steam for 20 minutes, mash with a hand masher, blend in the maple syrup and taste to suit. If you want them "creamier" add a little butter. To really make them "to die for", turn them out into an oven safe dish, sprinkle liberally with almonds and brown sugar and put them under the broiler until there's a slightly crisp top.

Yeah, the calorie count is murder, but so is the enjoyment!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Ok not fair!!!! Y'all got me salivating over here. Now I am craving sweet potatoes and I not going to be able to get any for a couple of weeks. :evil::evil::evil:

I'm heading to New York tomorrow... it's gonna be a long drive! We're spreading my Gramma's ashes and then it'll be a little bit of a vacation. Might very well be the last trip up there, then again ya never know what the future holds.;)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    Gatorade makes me want to puke. I can't stand anything sticky sweet like that. I get my potassium from Braggs ACV mixed with a little honey in a glass of water when I'm outside sweating, followed by copious amounts of cool, not cold, spring water. I also love it on my daily salad. We've got a beekeper about a mile from here so it's local grown honey, which I've heard was good for allergies. Must be working because I haven't had an allergy problem in about 35 years. Braggs acv has the mother in it and I've acquired a taste for it. No more heat cramps since I started using just a couple of teaspoons a day. It seems to help with urinary tract problems I developed after radiation burned my bladder as well. I spend all day in heat over 90 several times a week and have no problems with it whatsoever. Might not work for everybody but just sharing what works for me.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I can't say Gatorade is my "drink of choice", but when I've been outside, in the heat, sweating bullets for a few hours it gets rid of that shaky feeling whether it's from low glucose or low potassium. The red colored one isn't too bad and I won't tell you what I call the green one (p*** water). It does work though.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    We've got a beekeper about a mile from here so it's local grown honey, which I've heard was good for allergies. Must be working because I haven't had an allergy problem in about 35 years.
    Local honey the year 'round, and seasonal allergies go away. Nearly guaranteed.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    My Dad is a beekeeper :) He has been since I was very little. Eating honey from the area one lives in is the best for allergies, because the bees pollinate and gather from the things that the person is around everyday :) Honey Bees are such awesome little creatures! They are very interesting to watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread