Vaporshark lipo DNA30 to DNA40 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2009
Houston, Tx.
The answer is a double-pole, double-throw switch. I believe the momentary switch in the dna30 is of this type. It controls the two different circuits simultaneously.

You will need to draw out the button board traces on paper and confirm them with the continuity check function of the multimeter. The problem is that the shared B- will not work with the dna40.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Well i emailed VS asking if they would replace the board for me to the new 40. They say it's impossible as the 40 board runs higher and the lipo battery can't handle the load.
Hence why they had to make it slightly
bigger to install a 18650.
So I'm confused now lol
My 40 board still waiting to be installed.
Is it pointless putting the new board in or not? People that have had it in already does it work fine with the amps etc?
VS say don't do it and avoid it all costs.

Any suggestions? My point is, is it safe to do...knowing the lipo may not handle the 40 load...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
They use a 1200mah lipo rated at 15c. That means it's capable of 18a discharge (1.2 x 15). The DNA40 requires 16a input so the battery is capable but VS is just covering their butts. 1200mah won't last long at 40w (another reason VS won't use the battery for the DNA40).

Is it safe? Yes, you'll be fine. Runtime at high wattage vaping won't be long though but if you're like 90% of vapers, it should be long enough (4-6 hrs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread