Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Not only did I not, I'm not going to. No I'm not!

Does anyone know which setting one would select to charge a 3.7 volt battery of the three options (3.2/3.6/3.8)?

I have 3.6V selected because I read it in a charger thread on ecf or something.

Reactions: jwbnyc

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: No you cannot :( - Robino1

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
from XTAR VP2 Charger | XTAR Direct

Output: DC 3.0/4.35v
3.0v/3.2v LiFePO4 Battery Charger (Charges to 3.2v)
3.6v/3.7v Li-ion Battery Charger (Charges to 4.2v)
3.8v Li-ion Battery Charger (Charges to 4.35v)

Perfect! Thanks. So, based on this, I would put the switch on 3.6 for a 3.7 volt battery? I don't change battery sizes, so it will be set it once and forget it.

Reactions: Mowgli

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Speaking of chargers........the Xtar VP2 has a user selectable switch on the back for charging 3.2 3.6 or 3.8 volts. I use 18490 AW's which are 3.7 volt. What setting would I use for them? 3.8 Volts?
Slide it so it is in the middle of the 3.6 and the 3.8. :D

3.6 would be the correct position.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you Bronze!
You also have different charging levels. I believe there is a chart that comes with your VP2 that will guide you on the proper charging level for a given battery size. Don't hold me to it but I think the 18350's would be set at .25amps and the 18490 and 18650's would be at .5amps).. In terms of safety, it is always better to err on the side of being lower so as not to overheat your batteries. But both the battery and the chargers do have many protections built in so as to keep us from injuring ourselves or destroying or homes.

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
I think you have to consider your vaping style and decide if the features of the upgrade will be useful to you. In my case, I'm tried all sorts of different combinations of resistance and power with my devices (regulated and mechs) and I've come to the realization that roughly 1.2-1.6Ω/11 to 15w is my happy place. For me the upgrade is overkill, but your mileage may vary.

I agree with you 100%. I am barely doing 1.4 - 1.6 ohm 8-9 watts. I was leaning more towards older bugs, and battery life. Thanks again!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Don't hold me to it but I think the 18350's would be set at .25amps and the 18490 and 18650's would be at .5amps).. In terms of safety, it is always better to err on the side of being lower so as not to overheat your batteries.

Now you have me thinking. My Xtar WP2 has two setting, .5 and 1 amp. I've been always using the .5 on all my AW batteries. One good thing is that the charger and batteries have never been warm. It did come with a wall plug and a car adapter. It even spent a few nights at a Holiday Inn Express.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't have any pictures of my youth or really even early adulthood. I would be fun to see a picture of my first car. A 1965 Mustang, with 3 on the floor. It was a piece-de-crap. Oh yes it was. The rubber grommet surrounding the stick shift was ripped and when I drove the car in the rain, rain water came in through the shifter. But I paid for that car with my own money I'd been saving for years and I was proud of the heap of poop none-the-less! Of course my car buying luck wasn't too good on subsequent cars. The next car was a Ford Pinto (you may all laugh), followed by an Austin America, which was (though I didn't know it when I purchased it) a flood victim, which would just die whenever it didn't feel like going further anymore. Followed boldly by a AMC Pacer (Sir Rod hears the audience erupt in hysterical laughter over this boo-boo!). I finally got smart and bought a brand spanking new Honda Accord, the first year they landed on our shores. I've been slightly smarter with automobile purchases since then........

What? No Gremlin?

Reactions: Bronze

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Now the Pinto, ah the Pinto. It was blue with a black vinyl top. I thought I was really styling. That was until I got the AMC Pacer. It was two tone, silver and burgundy exterior with a burgundy and cream tapestry cloth interior. You talk about stylin?!" Evidently, I was the only person on the planet who thought I was.......

Many adventures were had in my friend's Pinto Cruising Wagon.

pinto_cruisesilver-1978.jpg-courtesy-loevofords.org_.jpg

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Now you have me thinking. My Xtar WP2 has two setting, .5 and 1 amp. I've been always using the .5 on all my AW batteries. One good thing is that the charger and batteries have never been warm. It did come with a wall plug and a car adapter. It even spent a few nights at a Holiday Inn Express.
You can use 1 amp for 18490 and 650s.

you want to use .5 or lower amps for 350s.

And, as was posted above, lower is generally better for all battery sizes. It is just a matter of the amount of time you have to charge your batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread