• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Glad ya got some rain Fran.
But I got everyone's share of bees today! Excitement (-:

Heard a weird noise out front and looked out the window to see the airspace in the front yard filled with a swarm of honey bees. Not a good pic at all here. All those dots are bees. Multiply the number you see by about 20 or so to account for all the bees that don't show up in the pic.

yardbuzzinup_zpsobtwikhn.jpg

They finally settled down to this

swarmupld_zpsekefknm6.jpg

And thanks to a local beekeeper they are now, for the most part, out of the tree and in this

buzzboxup_zpszwika5mi.jpg

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Wow- that was a pretty major swarm of bees. Wonder if you can get some of the honey from the beekeeper (since they were in your yard to start with)

Good morning y'all

Hope the rain gets properly redistributed.

Off to Ohio this morning my second oldest nephew's high school graduation.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I looked at the forecast last night and it's supposed to rain on and off today and supposed to be dry this weekend but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've only needed to run my sprinklers once this year and that was early spring when I put down my weed preventer.

Reactions: FranC

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    86 forecast for the day today. So cool to have days like this in the spring when everything is in bloom and pretty.

Beekeeper was here around 3:30 this morning to pick up the colony.
    Bee swarms are indeed commonplace here in the valley PT. Quick internet search provides a list of beekeepers that will pick them up. Lots of beekeepers in the valley!

The fella that I called produces a lot of honey from his own hives as well as from other beekeepers. Process, re-package and sales. I'm certainly going to have to give his wares a try (-:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread