Kanger Subox Mini Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I placed the preorder at Gearbest as soon as it came online. Much to my surprise, last week I received a tracking number and today vapemail. I didn't even EXPECT it. Just don't know still how it happened. Maybe I got a lemon? Early adopter?

lucky! Now you get to play 20 questions ;) What is the box made of? Is it metal like the old kbox or some kind of plastic like most digital boxes? Anything else worth noting that you have seen good or bad so far with it?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
lucky! Now you get to play 20 questions ;) What is the box made of? Is it metal like the old kbox or some kind of plastic like most digital boxes? Anything else worth noting that you have seen good or bad so far with it?
Metal! Looks like powdered paint metal. In the pictures looked like plastic but no. Feels a little light compared to a regular kit.

Reactions: hashtag

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
my oh my I shall go broke if I keep bebopping through ECF that black and Red gizmo is a sure match for one of my outfits I am going to have to take a pledge or join a self help group or something to have any hope of staying within my pension- and to think I have only been vaping not quite thee months -beautiful set up!

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
my oh my I shall go broke if I keep bebopping through ECF that black and Red gizmo is a sure match for one of my outfits I am going to have to take a pledge or join a self help group or something to have any hope of staying within my pension- and to think I have only been vaping not quite thee months -beautiful set up!

Oh go ahead and order it....you know you want to. :evil:

It's always handy to have backups....and backups for your backups.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If you don't have a backup to your backup you really just aren't prepared.
I like having as many PV as traffic affords. Since I buy a new one every three months (the other two is Kanthal, spare heads and liquid) by now I have almost everything in the market. But, always try to have two, three is ideal since you use two and have one ready to be used.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
It's a good deal, a lot of B&M stores charge that much for the subtank mini by itself. I held off ordering one yesterday but justified it to myself in my sleep and ordered it first thing this morning.
I do that often... ugh, fill my cart. Talk myself out of it and wake up still thinking about it and ordering. I'm trying to hold off, but I REALLY want this one, bad!!! More than the last one... lol

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Praying they release the v2 rba section as a spare soon so I can upgrade my mini
Looks like the new RBA will have holes higher up, like the regular coils. I personally love my subtank rbas (4 of em lol), so I don't feel the need to get new ones. That kit tho.... definitely gonna get one in black. And possibly one of the new Nano kits in pink.

LintonHart

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2015
Melbourne
Looks like the new RBA will have holes higher up, like the regular coils. I personally love my subtank rbas (4 of em lol), so I don't feel the need to get new ones. That kit tho.... definitely gonna get one in black. And possibly one of the new Nano kits in pink.
It's a good point, I adore the fact I can vape a tank dry without any problems but If kanger feel you can have bigger pulls without dry hits at higher wattage (not that I've had many at all) then I'm super curious to try. Ha plus I hate when I fall in love with a device then they upgrade it. At Least I'd be able to just buy the single upgraded part

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
It's a good point, I adore the fact I can vape a tank dry without any problems but If kanger feel you can have bigger pulls without dry hits at higher wattage (not that I've had many at all) then I'm super curious to try. Ha plus I hate when I fall in love with a device then they upgrade it. At Least I'd be able to just buy the single upgraded part
It's a really nice thing to just upgrade for ten bucks or less. I've tried some of the higher wattage tanks.... and I'm seeing very little point to them lol. Flavor is a bit muted compared to my subtank builds, and the higher watts just drain my battery. I can run my subtank at 40 watts with zero issues chain vaping, and don't really want to go much higher. If I can get a nice vape at 20 or 15 watts (like I can with the current subtank) I'll be happy.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
got mine in today from Vape Street in Las Vegas - absolutely loving it - using stock .5 ohm coil at 40 watts with Certifieds 365 ejuice - so far, completely impressed with the bang for the buck on this little rascal - the subtank upgrades are significant too - redesigned rba with better wicking (side holes in barrel), vertical stock coils, doubled airflow...

well worth it - I think I paid $65 for the preorder, with shipping... great little kit!

Reactions: Retro138

Whisraky

Unresolved Status
May 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Whisraky

Unresolved Status
May 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Whisraky

Unresolved Status
May 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Can you please check the air control ring after putting in e-juice? My sample leaks at that place, and need to see if that is only a one-time problem or a common issue. Thanks!

Mine has no leaking, no gurgling or spitting at all. I haven't broke out the rba yet but with the stock coil I see no signs of leakage anywhere.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Can you please check the air control ring after putting in e-juice? My sample leaks at that place, and need to see if that is only a one-time problem or a common issue. Thanks!
Are you priming the coil by dripping juice into the coil from the top? The only time the Subtank Mini has leaked on me through the air control ring was when I over primed the coil by dripping too much juice into the top of the coil. It dripped through the bottom of the coil and leaked out through the air openings. Since then I prime the coils predominantly by putting a drop of juice onto each wicking hole, wait for it to soak in, and then repeat about 4 or 5 more times. I will put just two drops down the top of the coil with the coil tilted to one side, so the drop soaks the cotton on the side and not in the dead center of the coil. Then screw the coil into the tank, let it sit for 5 minutes and take a few unpowered draws with my fingers covering the air intakes.

Haven't leaked since.

Whisraky

Unresolved Status
May 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Whisraky

Unresolved Status
May 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
Status