Status
Not open for further replies.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I would only use Vaseline in 2 places at most. 1 on the o-ring on the bottom cap. The bottom cap isn't meant to be taken off except maybe for cleaning so it isn't really needed there unless you can't get the bottom cap all the way on. The other is the o-ring on the button. Take the o-ring off to do this though and then wipe off all of the excess before putting it back on the button.

Reactions: imeothanasis

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Hello all,

my first post on the GG forums, hope I get it right..

I try to install my Tile v1 to the the Esterigon hybrid base I received yesterday from ESG.

I remove the original center post pin from the Tilemahos, leave the center post plastic in place and install the center post pin from the hybrid base, but I can't get the new center post pin tight enough so that the "innards" are fixed to the base housing (I can move the housing more or less freely around the center post).

Any ideas what might be missing, additional plastics somewhere?

BR,
-lars.

Oh, but what fits perfectly is the 18650 tube in mate SS, it gives the Esterigon quite a nice grip, both from length and material.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Hello all,

I try to install my Tile v1 to the the Esterigon hybrid base I received yesterday from ESG.

I remove the original center post pin from the Tilemahos, leave the center post plastic in place and install the center post pin from the hybrid base, but I can't get the new center post pin tight enough so that the "innards" are fixed to the base housing (I can move the housing more or less freely around the center post).

BR,
-lars.

Oh, but what fits perfectly is the 18650 tube in mate SS, it gives the Esterigon quite a nice grip, both from length and material.

Maybe Imeo's video will help

Reactions: BTHUNDER

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello all,

BR,
-lars.

Hi Lars,
I just went the other way last night. Hybrid base > standard base. The only parts exchanged are the post assemblies.
Everything else is the same from the "center post plastic" up.

Cheers
I

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hello all,

BR,
-lars.

Hi lar, welcome to GG forum. I wish you a pleasant stay:)

So your issue is that even if you totally screw the new center pin to the center post, the inside pieces of the housing still move against housing?

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Hi lar, welcome to GG forum. I wish you a pleasant stay:)

So your issue is that even if you totally screw the new center pin to the center post, the inside pieces of the housing still move against housing?

Hi Imeo,

Thanks for the nice welcome, I'm already enjoying the GG forum as a reader for a few months now :)

The problem was as you described it, but I figured out what the cause was: the center post plastic from the Tile v1 is to thin, either by design or from wear I don't know, but I was able to tighten it using a center post plastic ("washer") from a Tilemahos v2. The v1 washer is about 0,7mm, the v2 (or new) washer is about 0,9mm thick.
Maybe the center post extension of the hybrid base needs a tiny bit more threading to compensate for thin washers, if that is mechanically possible?

BR,
-lars.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Both of V1 and V2 Tilemahos use the same center post plastic, that is 0,7mm Lar. So the issue is with your center pin for sure. Maybe the threading is 0,1mm shorter, exactly as you said. I see that you solve your issue but if you see something similar in future, you can use a 4x1,5o-ring. Its a quick and excellent solution too:)

Reactions: AdamAnd

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Hi Adam,

I've watched that video, but it doesn't help for my problem as Imeo left out the part where you would install the atty to the center post pin. So I can't see if additional plastics are required or need to be modified in some way.

BR,
-lars.
Sorry I missed that. my fault I would like to help but I do not have one. Someone will help you soon for sure. woops problem solved Happy vaping

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
puuhhh then I better be awake and ready for battle :) :) :) I was NOT aware IMEOOOOOOOOO ... how cool that looks in brass ... okay okay I have to admit that I always underestimated the esterigon - please forgive me - I am unworthy - :) :) :) and then I adopted 2 ... since some german friends always remind me to have gear you like redundantly or as I call it - BREM-STYLE :) :) :)

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
My recent mishap with Esterigon and Tilemahos slipping down in a chair and firing for an hour gave me the unusual "opportunity" to take both down to each and every individual part and reassemble them. Not a task for the feint of heart :) but also unnecessary under ordinary circumstances. People can say a lot of things about Imeo but there's one indisputable fact: The man loves his o-rings.

Another indisputable fact (in my world) is that the Esterigon/Tilemahos combo is at the top of anything I've ever had in terms of all important criteria. Easy to use, easy to build, versatile, easy to clean, and stunningly good looking. I can't imagine Imeo ever topping this one (except to stick a VIR in it).

I'm so glad I have a knack for sticking with the best.

Last edited:

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
I guess you want to know how to install Tile v1 to the hybrid base? Maybe this video from Bishopheals helps ( I skipped to where the relevant part starts):

Thanks

I Can't unscrew between threads
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433734595.780241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread