Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The worse thing you can do is try to force threads, if they're wonky; especially stainless steel, because stainless will gall very easily. When galling happens, the threads will seize up, and you won't be able to turn them either way.
These RM7s are Rogue clones; but they are 1/2 the price of an authentic Rogue.
Bad threads don't just happen on clones; but sometimes happens on authentics, as well. The first Odin I ever bought had bad threads. But I contacted Craig, at Loki, and he sent out a replacement immediately. I'm sure Rob will do the same with the RM7.

Reactions: redeyedancer

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
When I ordered my Woodvils, I decided I wanted top air flow attys, to minimize the chance of getting juice on the wood, due to the inadvertent over squonk. I got the RM7 along with one of my orders. On the other Woody, I have a Manta2, which I got from Catfish. Also a nice atty.

Reactions: BlueSnake

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
The worse thing you can do is try to force threads, if they're wonky; especially stainless steel, because stainless will gall very easily. When galling happens, the threads will seize up, and you won't be able to turn them either way.
These RM7s are Rogue clones; but they are 1/2 the price of an authentic Rogue.
Bad threads don't just happen on clones; but sometimes happens on authentics, as well. The first Odin I ever bought had bad threads. But I contacted Craig, at Loki, and he sent out a replacement immediately. I'm sure Rob will do the same with the RM7.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I've had *really* bad luck with clones and not one bad authentic. Just the luck of the draw I guess. I trust that Rob will fix me up right. In the mean time is there anything I can do with this one? I hate to see it go to waste, unless Rob asks for it back so he can fix it. I thought maybe I could try to gently screw it on and off of an old ego battery I saved for getting sticking caps off. Will doing this ruin the stainless threads and make it worse? I'm thinking maybe doing so could wear the threads down where they are to wide.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yeah, I know. It's just that I've had *really* bad luck with clones and not one bad authentic. Just the luck of the draw I guess. I trust that Rob will fix me up right. In the mean time is there anything I can do with this one? I hate to see it go to waste, unless Rob asks for it back so he can fix it. I thought maybe I could try to gently screw it on and off of an old ego battery I saved for getting sticking caps off. Will doing this ruin the stainless threads and make it worse? I'm thinking maybe doing so could wear the threads down where they are to wide.

I doubt it would work, but you can try. In the future, for anyone who fools around with this stuff, a good thing to have in your tool box is a die, for 510 threads. The correct size is 7mm x .5. They can be found on Amazon. I've had threads on atomizers that have been a bit large, or slightly damaged. Run them through the die, and they're fine.

Hiwatt Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Apple Valley, MN
Having the issue with the center post not getting a good grip on the wires and its showing me all kinds of bad readings for the ohms. What size screw is it if I was to find a longer one?

Try swapping the center screw with one of the side (neg) screws. This worked for me on both of my RM7's.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I doubt it would work, but you can try. In the future, for anyone who fools around with this stuff, a good thing to have in your tool box is a die, for 510 threads. The correct size is 7mm x .5. They can be found on Amazon. I've had threads on atomizers that have been a bit large, or slightly damaged. Run them through the die, and they're fine.

This does seem like a good thing to have around. I ordered one on Amazon. I was surprised at the price; I thought something like that would be more costly. And thank you for the suggestion.
I've never worked with thread dies. It seems that it would be a good idea to run every new atomizer through the die. Is there a down side to doing this? Would you advise it before placing the new atomizer on the REO?

Reactions: pennysmalls

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
This does seem like a good thing to have around. I ordered one on Amazon. I was surprised at the price; I thought something like that would be more costly. And thank you for the suggestion.
I've never worked with thread dies. It seems that it would be a good idea to run every new atomizer through the die. Is there a down side to doing this? Would you advise it before placing the new atomizer on the REO?

I wouldn't necessarily run every atomizer through the die. But when screwing it on the mod for the first time, if there's the least bit of a snag, I wouldn't go any further. I'd remove it and run it through the die.
It's not just clones either. Sometimes, even with authentics, cutting tools wear out during production, and threads may be out of tolerance. It happens.
I had a Bliss genisis RBA one time, that was very snug, the first time I tried putting it on a device. Like an idiot, I tried to force it a bit too much, and it seized up. I had to use pliers to get it back off. The threads were pretty chewed up. I ran it through my die, which I should have done in the first place, and the threads cleaned up nicely. The Bliss was no clone. At the time, it was a much sought after 'DocDave' RBA.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Pro move, this. Thanks for the sizing info.

Just ordered one (plus a die stock) from Amazon.ca (scheduled delivery July 15 o_O ... stupid large country with a small population/consumer base).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread