Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I absolutely love my EHPro TOBH 2.5 clone and am looking for a new rda to supplement it. I haven't kept up with all of the new rda designs, so any assistance would be appreciated. Here are my requirements and preferences:

• Highly adjustable airflow. I like to experiment with coil designs and frequently switch between builds for flavor and builds for vapor, so being able to adjust airflow from fairly tight to quite open. Minimum airflow should be a single 2 mm hole or smaller (for flavor, I often run single coil builds on my TOBH, tape off the second set of airholes, and adjust the airflow for a just one of the three 2 mm holes). Maximum airflow should be similar to the TOBH or greater.
  • Overall, flavor is more important than vapor production, but still being able to create some massive clouds is a definite plus.
  • Three-piece design with a removable top cap for easy refilling. Being able to remove just the top cap (leaving the "barrel" attached) is super convenient.
  • Heat sink fins. The fins on the TOBH's top cap do a great job preventing the drip tip from getting uncomfortably hot.
  • Deep drip well. Similar in depth to the TOBH is fine, although slightly deeper would be even better. I only use just enough cotton to touch the bottom of the deck because I like to switch flavors frequently, and it is convenient to be able to put a decent amount of juice in without needing a huge wad of cotton to hold the juice.
  • Conical top cap and/or reduced chamber for flavor and smooth airflow. The conical top cap on the TOBH helps to "smooth out" the airflow. This would be nice but is not an absolute requirement, especially if there is a reduced chamber to help increase flavor.
  • Fairly large post holes for easy dual-coil builds with 24 gauge or larger wire. Three-post designs like my TOBH are fine, and I will also consider split center post (4-hole) designs, as well as two-post designs. I never build anything more than dual-coil builds, and like I said earlier, 90% of the time I use single-coil builds.
  • Copper contact pin. The copper pin on my TOBH works great, and having one is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
  • ~$30 or less is preferred. Obviously, clones are fine, as long as they are well-built like my EHPro TOBH clone. I would be willing to go up to $50 or so if there is a model in that price range that does exactly what I want.

If you need any more information about what I am looking for, please let me know. And thank you in advance for helping me choose my next RDA!

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
$15.29 EC RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

been vaping on that recently and its very nice for vapor production and flavor, which was surprising. Seeing as the chamber is huge I wasn't expecting much flavor, but its ability to create thick plumes of vapor I think results in more flavor. Very large post holes in this RDA as well, Comes with 3 driptips as well, one widebore stainless, one widebore delrin which is the one i use, then a 510 adaptor with its own driptip. Has heat sink fins on the bottom and the top, never gets hot. Very deep drip well. No copper contact pin though. It is a three piece design as well, but the topcap is screw off which can be a pain sometimes, but the widebore delrin cap you can just pop off it at leaves a giant hole big enough for you to drip through or look at your coils. big slots for adjustable airflow for dual coil or single coils. I think it has everything you want other than the copper contact pin.

if you do plan on ordering it though, pay the little extra 1-2$ for the faster shipping if its an option for you, otherwise the standard airmail snail mail will take over a month to ship to you. with the extra 1-2$ its about a week or two. Oh yeah, and the RDA is only 15$ - its a clone of the el cabron RDA (EC). Nice RDA for the price IMO. definitely wont regret trying it out, its super easy to build on and is a builders RDA.

if youre feeling spendy, a recent one I got is the hazematic revolt RDA, has everything you want including reduced chamber, highly flexible airflow for tight draws or lung inhales, single or dual coil, replaceable center post with stainless or copper, widebore, 316 stainless steel construction (real thick barrel due to reduced chamber) + PEEK everything else. postholes big enough to accomodate thick wire, i was able to fit 28g/24g core dual claptons in it, and triple twisted 24g.

although that one is price coming it at ~125$ shipped :lol:, it is my be all to end all RDA though, after the dozens I have went through (Darkhorse, doge v2, n23, rogue, stillare, mutation x v1 v2 etc etc..)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Thanks for the suggestion! I found that Tobeco makes another clone of the El Cabron which does have the copper pin, and I will most likely be ordering one soon. The only reason why I didn't order one immediately is because I came across the Holmes V2 -- it's a design similar to the Magma with two posts, a huge drip well, and vertical airflow. The airflow design with the holes coming up through the deck (instead of through the side wall) is something different that I am keen to try.

$30 for an well-designed authentic RDA is just simply incredible. I don't mind paying for quality, and I understand that low-volume items like RDA's will cost more than mass-produced items, but it gets pretty ridiculous when simple devices with just a few parts are routinely priced at over $100.

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Aeolus, Petri, Hobo v3, Derringer. The derringer's top cap design is a bit different because it has a removable inner AFC ring.
Something similar to the derringer (in size/design) is the Bambino atty. It has a removable top cap. The con on that one however is that it has fixed air flow with 3 holes.
The Aeolus has top airflow control and nice sized post holes. Many people use it as a flavor atty. Too bad all of these cost >$50. The clones don't though if you don't mind a clone. Maybe a Mutation X v4, with that atty, you have the option of side and bottom airflow. I use the bottom only and keep the sides closed. And it's cheap, around $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread