Aspire Atlantis Mega - Something isn't right here...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
28509fb284789eb68eec1ea7a3d5ec72.jpg
SVD 2.0 with Aerotank mega on Left, Seven 22 with Aspire Atlantis Mega on the right.

I've been using APV'S combined with tanks like the Aspire Nautilus, protank's & Aerotank Mega for a couple of years now. I love my SVD 2.0 and mostly vape that with my Aerotank or nautilus at 1.5 - 1.8 ohm coils, which works great. I love my Zmax, and MVP, and even the new seven 22 works awesome on my non sub ohm tanks (probably gives the best flavor out of all my mods). But I've been wanting to try something new, & sub ohming has been at the top of my list for a while. So I went and bought the Atlantis Mega tank & paired it with my Seven 22 mod (also new), And oh my [emoji33], something just isn't right at all [emoji20]. Am soooo bummed! Am I missing something? Or am I just not ready for sub ohming? ... The mod is reading the ohms on the Atlantis at 1.0 with this particular coil. I've been running the mod at 22 watts (the highest it'll go). I'm just not getting any vapor and OMG, the hit is so harsh and so strong it hurts & seriously chokes me every time, like really bad on all fronts, flavor, vapor, TH, everything! I've adjusted both air flow holes (tip & bottom) and adjusted the wattage and can't get it to make any difference. I'm going to be so bummed if I just paid this much for a tank that I can't use at all. Oh & I've been priming it for like 3 days btw. Initially I waited about an hour b4 even trying it to be sure it was all saturated in well.
Help!

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I would say its a wicking problem.
Everything you describe is dead on for a dry coil.

I do not know the tank. But one trick I read about is take a pin, syringe, needle etc and poke the wick holes a bit as sometimes the filler is packed to tight on some of these sub tanks to let them wick properly. I do not know if that is possible with this head I haven't seen it up close

Reactions: frjaldomr

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Kat Eyez,

I think your problem is that your mod is too underpowered for the Atlantis Mega, even with the 1.0 ohm coil. The new Atlantis coils (the 1.0 ohm and the 0.3 ohm) are extremely power hungry. I currently have 1.0 ohm coil in my Atlantis 1 on a MVP 3 Pro and I'm using it at 45 watts. I tried turning it down to 22 watts and it barely produces any vapor at all. Also what type of juice are you using and what nicotine strength? I'm using 6 mg juice and my PG/VG ratios are usually 70VG or 80VG and the throat hit is pretty good. I would think a higher nicotine level may also contribute to the harshness.

You actually might get better luck using the 0.5 ohm coil. The recommended power requirements for the 0.5 ohm coil is lower than the 1 ohm coil.

Thedudeabides870

Account closed on request
May 17, 2015
Kat Eyez,

I think your problem is that your mod is too underpowered for the Atlantis Mega, even with the 1.0 ohm coil. The new Atlantis coils (the 1.0 ohm and the 0.3 ohm) are extremely power hungry. I currently have 1.0 ohm coil in my Atlantis 1 on a MVP 3 Pro and I'm using it at 45 watts. I tried turning it down to 22 watts and it barely produces any vapor at all. Also what type of juice are you using and what nicotine strength? I'm using 6 mg juice and my PG/VG ratios are usually 70VG or 80VG and the throat hit is pretty good. I would think a higher nicotine level may also contribute to the harshness.

You actually might get better luck using the 0.5 ohm coil. The recommended power requirements for the 0.5 ohm coil is lower than the 1 ohm coil.
Yea sounds like a lack of power, .5 would be sufficient at 22w, but that 1 ohm (best flavor IMO) really doesn't kick into gear until 35w. And the .3, at least 50w, but I didn't care much for the .3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread