Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Hi all! This is my first post and I am looking forward to learning from the forums. I have been an analog smoker for over 40 years and have decided that it is time to quit. :) I have a couple of eCigs with no nicotine and while they are pretty good, I am waiting for the heavy artillery to be delivered.

Anyway, that's my story so far and I will update my experiences as I proceed.

Al

robert walters

May 17, 2015
Toledo oh.
Hi all! This is my first post and I am looking forward to learning from the forums. I have been an analog smoker for over 40 years and have decided that it is time to quit. :) I have a couple of eCigs with no nicotine and while they are pretty good, I am waiting for the heavy artillery to be delivered.

Al
Welcome to the ECF

Reactions: tvapernow

tvapernow

May 25, 2015

Al
Hi APF

Welcome to ECF. Good to hear you using the ecig to dump the cancer sticks. One question though, you say you smoked for 40 years. A lot of us on the forum think you are going to want nicotine in the ECig to help you quit. Which e-cig do you have now with no nicotine, and what brand goodies and liquid do you have coming? Welcome, and good luck dropping the cancer sticks, we're rooting for you!:)

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi Al and welcome aboard!

If you need any help or advice, just ask. There are plenty of friendly, helpful folks here in the forum!

Happy Vaping!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Al
welcome.

I smoked 2pad for 30 years myself; when I started vaping I was able to drop to 0 nic in the first month, then afterwards I let it go up since it was so easy to drop in the first place.

Nowadays I mostly vape 2 to 3mg strength most of the time but I keep a special tank with some 24mg which these days I find I sit and vape on that after supper in the evening.

I wouldn't worry too much about dropping to 0 nicotine when you first start; the important thing is to get away from the smoke and tar and butts.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Wow! Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Let's see, the eCig I am currently using is a Smoke NV Rechargeable, but unfortunately the cartridges are all nicotine free. It lets me skip a cig every now and again and if I wasn't such an addict, they would probably do fine. As it stands, the term 'kissing your sister' comes to mind.

As for what I am waiting for, well, I am afraid that I went a little ape.

- Eleaf iJust 2 kit. (Pre-order)
- Smoke NV O2 Vapor Tank Starter Combo
- EGO Twist Deluxe Starter Kit

Where the juice is concerned, I figured that I had better hit the nicotine pretty hard at first, as I mostly smoke Number 7 (Canadian) and Camel Filter (what I started on). So with that in mind:

• 1 x Marlboro (10ml) 1 x Marlboro (10ml)
    (Strenth OF Nicotine: 24MG HIGH, VG / PG MIX: 50VG 50PG STANDARD)
  • 1 x Camelava Tobacco (10ml) 1 x Camelava Tobacco (10ml)
  • 1 x Players Light (10ml) 1 x Players Light (10ml)
@nmackan - Wise words. :)

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Al
    Welcome to ECF Al, make yourself right at home :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread