Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all. I have been reading but have had nothing of import to say.

I used to have a cell phone, when I was working and spent a lot of time in my car. I got rid of it. Now I only will do a prepaid for when we go on vacation. I do not like getting phone calls when I am driving or out to dinner or shopping, etc.

I do not understand people who just must talk on the phone in situations where it used to be considered rude to speak or interrupt. Just my old lady view. It is quite freeing to be able to do things (or not do things) and know you will have absolute silence without any intrusions from the rest of the world.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I like how you think Shari, a few years back, we decided to simplify, we de-activated our I-phones and cut out plan down to just calls and text. We got some cheap piece of junk phones for just making calls. Some Pantech thing, a lot of times, I just put it in airplane mode and just have it in case of emergency, I may take days to text someone back. There was a time when I was tethered to my phone, it was very liberating to put all that aside.

Reactions: ShariR

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I saw a news story yesterday about a young man that got hit by a train. He had ear buds on, listening to music while he walked down the rr tracks. Who does that? It is a shame that he got hit but what happened to common sense.

Sometimes I think most people are so tied into the new tech that they do not live in the real world. It is ok sometimes but sooner or later the real world will catch up with you.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I saw a news story yesterday about a young man that got hit by a train. He had ear buds on, listening to music while he walked down the rr tracks. Who does that? It is a shame that he got hit but what happened to common sense.

Sometimes I think most people are so tied into the new tech that they do not live in the real world. It is ok sometimes but sooner or later the real world will catch up with you.
Unrelated, but I just read your banner! My quit day was 7/11/13, not too far from yours?

Reactions: ShariR

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i have a iphone but my plan is $30 for unlimited everything with virgin mobile.
i just this week downloaded spotify and opted for premium, untill then i had no music on it.
i do use video on my phone because of the kids. and my mom who moved a year ago loves to facetime so she can see the family.
we have both cooked dinner in our own kitchens while facetiming each other and it is fun.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
I have to say that the Chalice 3 is awesome, I do like is a bit more than the cyclone, but I really need the air flow top cap for it. I used it for a dripper after I first got it, but after I got the ByLeo dripper Pro it just got put away. I am going to have to order another chalice 3. I am so far loving the woodvils, they are so light weight, it is unbelievable.

Number 174 Purple Heart Maple burl, and number 319 white oak Quilted Maple.

KAS
Gorgeous!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::thumbs:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Unrelated, but I just read your banner! My quit day was 7/11/13, not too far from yours?

Yup, you were successful the day before I was. I actually started vaping the end of June but I popped a coil on a 510 atty and went into major meltdown for a week or so. Chain smoked until new attys arrived. But for that, I would have been successful a wee bit earlier.

I am constantly amazed that I am approaching 2 years smoke free. I am thrilled and my doctor is thrilled. I enjoy vaping so much more than I enjoyed smoking. Although, I have to admit that I vape as much as I used to smoke. And God help anyone getting in between me and my Provari/R91. So much for addiction-free.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I have never had a cell phone, I do use one at work, first a flip phone, and a few months ago they got everyone a smart phone. So I do understand why everyone likes them, but I really don't need one, nobody calls me.:glare:

KAS

I wish no one called me on mine! :facepalm:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

Yes this happened near Nashville, where I happen to be right now...very unfortunate.

I always preached to my kids it's ok to enjoy technology, but try not be dependent on it, and you don't always need to be "plugged in"! :matrix:

I watch people a lot because I just do, traveling for business and all in my down time, it's unreal how "plugged in" the masses are, and it's not just generation "x" and "y", it's everyone!

It's very sad because when "something" happens to everything we are so used to, people cannot function.

Most people do not even have the minimal necessities for a couple of hours of a power outage, let alone anything that may cause a disruption in services greater than 24 hours.:danger::danger: "Will Robinson"

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Yup, you were successful the day before I was. I actually started vaping the end of June but I popped a coil on a 510 atty and went into major meltdown for a week or so. Chain smoked until new attys arrived. But for that, I would have been successful a wee bit earlier.

I am constantly amazed that I am approaching 2 years smoke free. I am thrilled and my doctor is thrilled. I enjoy vaping so much more than I enjoyed smoking. Although, I have to admit that I vape as much as I used to smoke. And God help anyone getting in between me and my Provari/R91. So much for addiction-free.

My doc feels the same way!

BTW Shari aren't their any decent stores in Nash that have your attys? But then again if not I'm not surprised as most B&M' cater to what's trendy, etc.
(and yes I did read that this was past tense...) :thumb:

I'm stopping off at Nashville Vapor to get my P3 flashed, YEAH!!!! Just chilling in Smyrna right now....beginning of a relaxing vacation, going home to a TON of vape mail, including my Woodville!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
KAS, you got a couple of real beauties there! How you like squonking?

I'm vaping some WTA tonight, it is Indigo vapes RAJA, a WTA with clove, I cut it with some homebrew hangsen #5, yummy, but those WTA's sure gunk up a coil and wick pretty quick.
I hadn't bought juice for well over a year, so recently treated myself to three bottles of something special :)

Thanks, I am starting to get the hang of it, great flavor on both, the chalice is definitely the better atty of the 2. I looked for some Howards UV at lowes yesterday but they didn't have it, they only had tung oil. I want to use mineral oil or the howards, I am going to look around some more before ordering online. I think I will use the mineral oil on the inside and the howards on the outside, I need it for the purple heart. I am vaping the castle long clone, with the purple heart/chalice, and a new recipe I am working on in my oak /Cyclone, it is a blueberry muffin/cupcake. I think I finally got the right combination of blueberry flavors right, it is good. I am just kind of shocked at how light these woodvil's are, they are the lightest devises I have. I am having a hard time not buying another one, there is a walnut still on the site that I like, but I have to hold off, I have bills to pay and food to buy.:glare:

KAS

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
My doc feels the same way!

BTW Shari aren't their any decent stores in Nash that have your attys? But then again if not I'm not surprised as most B&M' cater to what's trendy, etc.
(and yes I did read that this was past tense...) :thumb:

I'm stopping off at Nashville Vapor to get my P3 flashed, YEAH!!!! Just chilling in Smyrna right now....beginning of a relaxing vacation, going home to a TON of vape mail, including my Woodville!

I have been to the Nashville Vapor in Columbia; they do not do the P3 updates. Looks like I will have to drive up to Nashville for it. I am using Russian 91s and Kayfun Lite v2 now. I only use the 510 attys for tasting juices for the most part. Or when my hands will not cooperate mounting a new coil. lol

Let me know how the P3 update goes. I do not think I will like the yellow flashing at 18% battery left.

Congrats on the Woodville. Have a great vacation!

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Thanks, I am starting to get the hang of it, great flavor on both, the chalice is definitely the better atty of the 2. I looked for some Howards UV at lowes yesterday but they didn't have it, they only had tung oil. I want to use mineral oil or the howards, I am going to look around some more before ordering online. I think I will use the mineral oil on the inside and the howards on the outside, I need it for the purple heart. I am vaping the castle long clone, with the purple heart/chalice, and a new recipe I am working on in my oak /Cyclone, it is a blueberry muffin/cupcake. I think I finally got the right combination of blueberry flavors right, it is good. I am just kind of shocked at how light these woodvil's are, they are the lightest devises I have. I am having a hard time not buying another one, there is a walnut still on the site that I like, but I have to hold off, I have bills to pay and food to buy.:glare:

KAS
This reminds me, I forgot that I'm going to need that other stuff for the contacts. Ughhhh. And probably mineral oil for the inside?

Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
This reminds me, I forgot that I'm going to need that other stuff for the contacts. Ughhhh. And probably mineral oil for the inside?

Yeah I need the stuff for the contacts also, but they sent some other stuff with mine (noalox?) that I can use till I get the other stuff. I read that you can use the tung oil, hawards, or mineral oil on the wood. the mineral has no odor, so I was thinking about it for the inside, the howards has UV protection, which I want to use to preserve my purple heart color, I think for yours you could use the either one and it would be fine, the Purple heart can turn brown without the UV protection.

KAS

Reactions: xstitch

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Yeah I need the stuff for the contacts also, but they sent some other stuff with mine (noalox?) that I can use till I get the other stuff. I read that you can use the tung oil, hawards, or mineral oil on the wood. the mineral has no odor, so I was thinking about it for the inside, the howards has UV protection, which I want to use to preserve my purple heart color, I think for yours you could use the either one and it would be fine, the Purple heart can turn brown without the UV protection.

KAS
Mine is a poly finish so I don't think I need anything for the outside? I was just searching the deoxit gold, it's pricey but imagine it lasts a long time!
I noticed there are a lot of Cocobolo's still available, wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Mine is a poly finish so I don't think I need anything for the outside? I was just searching the deoxit gold, it's pricey but imagine it lasts a long time!
I noticed there are a lot of Cocobolo's still available, wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My oak has a poly finish, should not have to use anything on it. :)
I am not sure on the Cocobolo's, most of the time I go for a dark wood, but not this time, they are purdy though. :)

KAS

Reactions: xstitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread