Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I split my nic up into small bottles for the freezer.

I should probably do that, but sometimes my apathy overcomes my ambition.

I have a pull over shirt that fits me to a Tee :D

It says:

The ten best things about being a procrastinator:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

It says:

At least you are not an amateur crastinator.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thank you :) I kind of had this plan of making a "nice entrance" my first time, but instead I tripped in [emoji12]

... what a long, strange trip it's been... :p

Well I sure hope you are all y'all are happy. I spent so much time having fun with you in these porches last night I forgot to recharge my mod. So I'm now having to mash my forehead on the desk just to get my straining lips to it on its stupidly short USB lead. Of course it would be possible to just swap in a new battery but it's the butler's day off. And I'll have to go vapeless shopping* now 'cos the pantry maid's off too. Really my dears, the pressures of modern living...

* Would that be "going commando shopping" perhaps?

Uh, glad you warned us, and REALLY glad you're on the other side of the pond!! :w00t:

That is why the first rule of vaping is - Always have backups.
The second rule is - Always have backups for your backups... (LOL)...

And backups for those as well. Just like computer land, where you can never have too much memory or too much storage, in vapeland, you can't have too many backups. Especially since we don't know what national or local laws will come about to restrict us... or when...:danger:

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
To the Linux geeks: I've hated MS since back in the DOS days. I've been dying to change over to Linux (Mint, to be specific).
Mint's a great choice, but check that the version you install is long term supported (LTS). I run Mint on a desktop and am stuck with Mint15 - it was the latest and greatest when I installed it but went obsolete in less than a year. I also run Mint on a borrowed laptop. I installed it on a USB external drive so I can just unplug it and have it revert to Windows when I return the laptop. I do this a lot to test out new Linux's without fear of messing up existing installations. I use Fedora/Mythtv for my TV computer - it was hard work setting it up but worth it; having adverts skipped automatically for you is such a plus.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Mint's a great choice, but check that the version you install is long term supported (LTS). I run Mint on a desktop and am stuck with Mint15 - it was the latest and greatest when I installed it but went obsolete in less than a year. I also run Mint on a borrowed laptop. I installed it on a USB external drive so I can just unplug it and have it revert to Windows when I return the laptop. I do this a lot to test out new Linux's without fear of messing up existing installations. I use Fedora/Mythtv for my TV computer - it was hard work setting it up but worth it; having adverts skipped automatically for you is such a plus.
Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't have known to look for that.

Installing on a USB drive sounds like a great choice for me since I don't have a spare computer for it yet. Thanks for the idea.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well I sure hope you are all y'all are happy. I spent so much time having fun with you in these porches last night I forgot to recharge my mod. So I'm now having to mash my forehead on the desk just to get my straining lips to it on its stupidly short USB lead.

What size bottles? I use the Wizard labs 8ml bottles. A few minutes in my armpit, and it is ready to go, and I am wide awake.
I bought 120 ml bottles from amazon wide mouths amber glass a dozen for about 11.00
LabStock Brand 120ml / 4oz Amber Glass Packer Bottle, Pack of 12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
I will put either 100ml or a full 120 mls (gotta do the math) and then will make enough nic base at a time to use up one bottle, then make my flavors from that nic base Will make around 500mls of nic base

Took a small step towards DIY. Don't know why I was so reluctant to pull the trigger on an order but this is my start. From eCig Express:
awesome!!

It says:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Ya sit in 'em; not lay on 'em...
Ya sat too close to Tutu... <rut roh>
bolt.gif

soapbox.gif
Sure, blame it all on moi. But who 'round here is missing their phatal tail pheathers, da deadly weapons dey be? <see above>
Last I heard all my pin pheathers were in the lost and found/beagle basket.

Good morning old and new porchers:) Got a Kayfun lite mini from ft and I like it so much I've ordered another.
Didn't even know about the minis. Still wish they had a top fill option. Let us know how they compare.

Rats!

I forgot to take my nic out of the freezer last night, so it'll be a few hours before I can open the bottle at ambient temp.
Thank you for the reminder to take mine out of the fridge, almost out of my current bottle.

As I go through the nic, I end up reducing to 60ml bottles and have had no problem just leaving the bottle on the counter until it's gone. I mix batches of 3-6mg so don't exactly rip through a bottle. I'm using up my 60mg/ml nic right now. Going into summer now, I may try to remember to put it in the fridge but the stuff is a bit tougher than I thought it'd be being left out.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA

I bought 120 ml bottles from amazon wide mouths amber glass a dozen for about 11.00
LabStock Brand 120ml / 4oz Amber Glass Packer Bottle, Pack of 12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
I will put either 100ml or a full 120 mls (gotta do the math) and then will make enough nic base at a time to use up one bottle, then make my flavors from that nic base Will make around 500mls of nic base

That's what I do, though I am still incredibly grateful to My Freedom Smokes for being willing to break it down into smaller bottles that I bought from them. This was because with my hand issues i don't want to handle a full liter, and they sent the bottles fully labeled and beautifully bubble wrapped, so I could just go ahead and put it in the freezer. I was hoping to get another liter this way before North Dakota's nasty age verification goes in

I put the premix in what are basically ketchup dispenser bottles and I can mix by weight right into 60 ml bottles.

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Forgot to mention, my husband knocked one of my Spinners of my desk last night. I heard it hit the floor hard. He walks over to me holding it up and asks, "Why is it crooked?" :grr: I told him I was now going to buy a new one. :) All they have in the 900 is pink. :( I did straighten it out at the battery connection and will keep a close eye on it.

Amoret, you quote that hun, but I can't see anything you said about it, not even inside the quote.
I thought hers was the giggle at the bottom. She is saying she's tired--in the mood emoticon.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Forgot to mention, my husband knocked one of my Spinners of my desk last night. I heard it hit the floor hard. He walks over to me holding it up and asks, "Why is it crooked?" :grr: I told him I was now going to buy a new one. :) All they have in the 900 is pink. :( I did straighten it out at the battery connection and will keep a close eye on it.

Well, I think you deserve at least two to make up for the one he damaged... o_O

On HIS credit card! :w00t:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Amoret, you quoted that hun, but I can't see anything you said about it, not even inside the quote.
You just read it too fast. I fumble fingered the post and then had to edit it back in. Hey, I figure I'm a pretty fast one fingered typist. What takes so long is checking the auto-complete. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread