Free (Almost?) Greensmoke Cartridges, Battery & USB - £1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Thomson

May 30, 2015
Dundee
Hi ECF, Im Chae, a new member to the forum and to vaping.

I would like to tell everyone of the offer i recently got (via an e-mail) I DONT KNOW if you NEED this invitation, for the offer, via e-mail, or not? (You would need to check their site or your inbox?)

I received x3 packs (each with 5 in it) of Greensmoke cartridges AND a 650mah battery AND a USB charger, for only £1 P + P, with no strings or commitment. WOW!
I read all the small print looking for the catch - there WAS NONE! :rickroll:
(Looking at their site prices i worked out all this gear bought separately would COST over £40 !!!!!!!)

This is not blatant advertising, as i am in no way affiliated to G/S.

Just thought i would share and tell anyone out there, especially NEW vapers, - like myself - (OR not so new one`s who like FREE stuff!!) about a deal worth trying, if your trying to find the best kit FOR YOU!
(There`s millions out there - i`m so confused)

Anyhoo, got them in the post, and they are not bad at all - esp at almost nothing price.

You can have a look for this now, and i wish you all well, Ciao 4 Now - Byeeeee!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
As Greensmoke are right up there at the top of the list for fake reviews, sign-up deals and over-priced cig-a-likes that don't do what they say, your recommendation is not one that is likely to interest many people.

What you get for your £1 is not "£40 worth" of quality vaping hardware. Like their £49.99 kits are really nothing more than about £7 of prehistoric e-cig tech from China. And their £10.97 batteries are just £1.24 to buy elsewhere.

You can believe what you like, but it's not worth getting involved with these brands. It is the last product I would recommend to new vapers. I spent $800 on these products and was unable to stop smoking. I spent this money because these brands temp you in with deals, you are desperate to quit smoking and then you start shopping for your life believing with enough willpower and 'kit' you will free yourself from smoking.

Free (almost free) usually comes with a cost. That cost will come if you continue to use these systems. Please be careful.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Wise words above. I haven't seen anyone recommend any Greensmoke products for more than a year around these parts. I know it sounds like a good deal (and it probably is for a pound) but as DJ says, they make their money when you decide to continue to use their over-priced and under-performing products. Take the quid kit and run if you choose, but be wary.

Forgot to add, if you are looking for a good starter kit, you came to the right place. Read through some posts in this forum and you'll see many suggestions. Feel free to start your own thread asking for personal recommendations if you like - You'll get some good sensible answers. The people around here are genuine and will not steer a new vaper in the wrong direction.

So welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and find what you need.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Wise words above. I haven't seen anyone recommend any Greensmoke products for more than a year around these parts. I know it sounds like a good deal (and it probably is for a pound) but as DJ says, they make their money when you decide to continue to use their over-priced and under-performing products. Take the quid kit and run if you choose, but be wary.

Yes, no problem with taking them for the product, if you know what you're doing. I'm all for that :)

I have the exact same kit as the £49.99 one sat in my kitchen. I got it from one of the big manufacturers (I think it was Kangertech) and the cost was under £15.
How does it vape? Well - it's a KR808D cig-a-like and yes, they are quite good on a fresh battery. Some people thought they were one of the best. I don't disagree.
What we do know now is that claims about 360 puffs or "30-40 cigarettes" were well wide of the mark and the exaggeration on the nicotine yield was so completely false that these are not an alternative for anything but a light smoker.

Charles Thomson

May 30, 2015
Dundee
Cheers guys, appreciate the input, but as i said, being quite new to vaping, and slightly confused with the bewildering amount of choice, i was merely pointing out an opportunity to be had by newbies like myself, who have to go through what you probably did at the start of your experience (i.e check out and TAKE offers, SOME of which, may not be the right ones) but at £1, i`m not going to complain about a product i MAY NOT like - just trial and error, i guess, and i`m not down by much.

I have looked around and already moved up, i guess?, by investing in a Kanger EVOD (2 batteries, 2 clearomisers, 5 coils and a USB for £21.97) What do you think??

I am excited by the prospect of other set ups in the future, but am sounding things out b4 spending some SERIOUS money (looking at PRICES in various on-line shops and local ones that i can visit in Dundee, if i can find any?) and listening to more experienced guys like yourselves in this forum, and also sifting through mountains of stuff on Youtube (some great advice vid`s + some utter garbage!)

One was on how to refill GREENSMOKE cartridges with e-liquid, which, luckily, i happen to have some of.

It`s like a great, fun project that i am looking forward to exploring in depth, where i gain health benefits and save a LOT of money ( i have been smoking for almost 40 years!! - wonder how much that cost me - i dare`nt think)

Will get back to my studies then, and hope to catch up with you guys at a later date, with any updates . Till then, happy vaping, and hope you keep well - byeeee!
Chae:toast:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You'll do OK. :)

As long as people stay away from Tobacco company products and avoid the evil clutches of the rip-off brands, it's all good.

The e-cig market is really not what it seems once you delve deeper. The products at the front of the development are in danger of being curtailed in 2016 (well, maybe not the mods, but certainly the larger tanks and maybe even 99% of the e-liquid currently on sale won't be on sale). That will prove to be an interesting time. (Interesting in a depressing way). The products at the back of the development (effectively legacy products) are the ones trying to make the most money and wring every last £/$ out of the smokers out there still to discover the potential of vaporized nicotine.

Until the last day, our community needs to protest about the European rulings and spread the word as far and wide as we can. No person calling themselves a "vaper" should support either Blu, Vuse or Vype, that is a given. Blu have already conned Morrisons and the Co-operative supermarkets in the UK to ditch all other products (other than E-lites, surprise, surprise also owned by Tobacco) to further their own ends. When the law is passed in the UK, Blu's refillable e-cig will become part of the history of e-cigs and then Blu will have their own way to sell us £10 non-refillable cig-a-likes with government approved (paid for) cartomizers.

Unless Totally Wicked can rescue the situation through the courts, then most of what we can buy today will be gone. In the mean time, there are brands out there looking to maximize profit at any costs regardless of the quality and how effective the product is.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I got the free kit for just the price of shipping and it is a good little set up. My two sons got theirs too! I just don't buy more stuff! I refill the cartridges with my own juice and they work great! I mainly use mine when I go out and about and don't want to worry about losing one of my better set ups.
I also got some blank KR808s and the flavor with my own juice is pretty darn good!

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I got their kit and it is a nice little set up for 1$ It is good to have on hand if you do not want to risk harming or losing your more expenisve setup. Like in the pool or at the beach.

I also goot a email coupon for extra cartridges. Since I use it so infrequently they last me for a very very long time.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I got the free kit for just the price of shipping and it is a good little set up. My two sons got theirs too! I just don't buy more stuff! I refill the cartridges with my own juice and they work great! I mainly use mine when I go out and about and don't want to worry about losing one of my better set ups.
I also got some blank KR808s and the flavor with my own juice is pretty darn good!

Where do you get the blank carto's that fit greensmoke? Or how do you reuse their brand?

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I got the original kit for free and then bought more batteries and empty cartridges on the classies! The cartridges had been boiled and cleaned so I gave it a go! My Nicoticket juice worked great in them and then I found some new blank cartridges at a tobacco shop that sells old CIG like stuff here in town! I started with CIG likes years ago and hadn't used them for years as my gear got better but I figured what the heck! My sons use these now when the go out fishing and in their kayaks! If they hit the water at least we don't lose a good mod! You can still buy blank cartridges on line
And with a little work you can get the tops off the original green smoke cartridges to reuse and refill them. Not heavy hitting vape power but works for this Tootle Puffer when the REO stays at home!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Just a note! I have given tons of great upgraded equipment to my daughter in law to get her off the cigs and it all sits! I gave her one of these CIG likes and I fill the cartridge for her and she is now happy. Soon I know she will need more but right now she feels the need to have a CIG like in her hand!

Just remember that it has to be the KR808d-2 the KR808d-1 won't work!

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I got the original kit for free and then bought more batteries and empty cartridges on the classies! The cartridges had been boiled and cleaned so I gave it a go! My Nicoticket juice worked great in them and then I found some new blank cartridges at a tobacco shop that sells old CIG like stuff here in town! I started with CIG likes years ago and hadn't used them for years as my gear got better but I figured what the heck! My sons use these now when the go out fishing and in their kayaks! If they hit the water at least we don't lose a good mod! You can still buy blank cartridges on line
And with a little work you can get the tops off the original green smoke cartridges to reuse and refill them. Not heavy hitting vape power but works for this Tootle Puffer when the REO stays at home!

Thanks so much for replying!! :)

Charles Thomson

May 30, 2015
Dundee
You'll do OK. :)

As long as people stay away from Tobacco company products and avoid the evil clutches of the rip-off brands, it's all good.

The e-cig market is really not what it seems once you delve deeper. The products at the front of the development are in danger of being curtailed in 2016 (well, maybe not the mods, but certainly the larger tanks and maybe even 99% of the e-liquid currently on sale won't be on sale). That will prove to be an interesting time. (Interesting in a depressing way). The products at the back of the development (effectively legacy products) are the ones trying to make the most money and wring every last £/$ out of the smokers out there still to discover the potential of vaporized nicotine.

Until the last day, our community needs to protest about the European rulings and spread the word as far and wide as we can. No person calling themselves a "vaper" should support either Blu, Vuse or Vype, that is a given. Blu have already conned Morrisons and the Co-operative supermarkets in the UK to ditch all other products (other than E-lites, surprise, surprise also owned by Tobacco) to further their own ends. When the law is passed in the UK, Blu's refillable e-cig will become part of the history of e-cigs and then Blu will have their own way to sell us £10 non-refillable cig-a-likes with government approved (paid for) cartomizers.

Unless Totally Wicked can rescue the situation through the courts, then most of what we can buy today will be gone. In the mean time, there are brands out there looking to maximize profit at any costs regardless of the quality and how effective the product is.

So djsvapour, what`s the answer? should i buy bulk e-liquid NOW, or not (what is it`s shelf life?)

Also can you tell me if Kanger EVOD was the natural/correct progression from G/S cartridges, or not? If not, what would you recommend?

Speak soon, awaiting your knowledge,
Chae
P.S. What/who are Totally wicked?

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So djsvapour, what`s the answer? should i buy bulk e-liquid NOW, or not (what is it`s shelf life?)

Also can you tell me if Kanger EVOD was the natural/correct progression from G/S cartridges, or not? If not, what would you recommend?

Yes... perfect!

I am beginning to get liquids come through (Hangsen, China) with 2017 use-by dates. These are going in the deep freeze. I trust the community will give us all the heads up when it's time to go mad and bulk buy. For the time being, no worries.
It does annoy me though that some companies are already stopping 30ml bottles saying they can't sell bigger than 10ml already. Total give-away they are shysters.
Every time I get something half decent (Hangsen) I make a note of it. It's not easy as most are terrible. :cry:

Charles Thomson

May 30, 2015
Dundee

Hi 57, can u tell me what `the classies` are? and you say the cartridges were BOILED and cleaned?? Can you do that to them?

I thought these had mini-electronics/heating devices? in them. Would that sort of treatment not render them useless? Please enlighten me more on this subject.

See ya, Chae.

Charles Thomson

May 30, 2015
Dundee
Yes... perfect!

I am beginning to get liquids come through (Hangsen, China) with 2017 use-by dates. These are going in the deep freeze. I trust the community will give us all the heads up when it's time to go mad and bulk buy. For the time being, no worries.
It does annoy me though that some companies are already stopping 30ml bottles saying they can't sell bigger than 10ml already. Total give-away they are shysters.
Every time I get something half decent (Hangsen) I make a note of it. It's not easy as most are terrible. :cry:

Have you looked into whether freezing the liquid is OK? and for how long (never even entered my mind, but i have noticed use by dates on the few bottles i have)
And, have you given my Kanger question any thought?
Chae

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Hi 57, can u tell me what `the classies` are? and you say the cartridges were BOILED and cleaned?? Can you do that to them?

I thought these had mini-electronics/heating devices? in them. Would that sort of treatment not render them useless? Please enlighten me more on this subject.

See ya, Chae.
Hi. The classies or classifieds which you can access in the Buying and Selling part of the ECF forum! Once you get verified you can buy and sell to and from ECF members! I bought some green smoke batteries and some cartridges from another member. He said that they were boiled and cleaned! When i got them they were super clean! Years ago when I used these I would run hot water thru them or put them in hot water to clean old juice buildup out of the filling! Then you let them dry for about two weeks and refill! I myself don't actually boil them but I do boil water, put it in a bowl and put the cartridges in the hot water, rinse, dry and refill! It takes time to refill them slowly but I'm super frugal and they vape well for about four cleanings and refills!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
And, have you given my Kanger question any thought?
Chae

Yes... it's a good choice as a starter kit. Until a few months ago (maybe 6+ now) it was the top recommendation to get started. Now it's more likely to be iStick and mini Nautilus, but that's expensive if you are finding your feet.

Same old, same old with kit like this. Almost everywhere will sell it for £19.99 (there are a few £14.99 or perhaps only £12 on ebay) ... lots on sale ...
BUT then some companies will kill you on the accessories and replacement atomizers.

Take Liberty Flights for example. Last time I looked they were selling evod/protank heads for £2.99. UKecigstore £2.49. What ******* planet are these people on??

These big vendors pay to be on the top of google, run social media like some sort of personal pseudo-religion empire, and people fall for it. These businesses then offer discounts to their customers on facebook and all the customers drop their kecks. I mean - w.t.h. is going on? 20% discount on something that is 20-100% too expensive is no discount at all.

As you can tell. It winds me up. I met a Vaper who was spending £600 a year on replacement atomizer heads from Totally Wicked. He swapped to Aspire Nautilus BVC and now uses one or two a week - £9 for five. I also swapped him from £7.99 liquid to £1.70 liquid. He was paying thousands to run his 2011 model ecig.

I'd better go, or I'll self destruct. :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Here is the deal they have going on their site right now:
Free E-Cigarette Green Smoke Free E-Cig

I always get stuff like this to have around for people who want to try vaping... :)
It's in a little plastic case with 1 batt and 2 cartos, and they send a box with 5 more refills, too!!

And one of the few places I know of to get the blank KR808D-2 cartos is here:
Cartomizers - A-zsmokefree.com

(I had a hard time remembering the name of the vendor... nice to see they are still around!!)

Reactions: 57chilicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread