Status
Not open for further replies.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
With the new upgrade, is that not extremely dangerous pulling 120Watts out of a single 18650? Giving people that option isn't safe.....right?
That isn't an option, you still need to stack batteries with an extension tube to reach 120w, or the updated 150w.

With a single battery, the Mini is still limited to the same 60w it was prior to the update.

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Used to be a guy Vapedroid that had some nice 3d boxes on Shapeways don't know what happened with him. I got a B2-S1 for my original SX350 v2 60w chip and I still love it. It's just not TL. SX350j could easily fit in the same size case, would just need some redesign.
625x465_2434842_6327055_1429719251.jpg

He went completely over to the dark side. Lists on Facebook, full on HEMO. His latest mods are even nicer though, and come fully assembled. Single and dual 26650 DNA40 and SX350 (and 350J coming) units.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
That isn't an option, you still need to stack batteries with an extension tube to reach 120w, or the updated 150w.

With a single battery, the Mini is still limited to the same 60w it was prior to the update.

The WGU Club Co-Founder
Oh okay cool. So what does eco mode actually do? The only answer I saw was that it cuts off other features, like what?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Oh okay cool. So what does eco mode actually do? The only answer I saw was that it cuts off other features, like what?
I'm not 100% sure of what all it does besides limit the power to 40 and turn off the display in 5 seconds, but I have noticed more battery life and no difference in my vape,

The WGU Club Co-Founder

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

ECO mode: The only observable function is that after firing the display shuts off after 15 second (I believe that is the number) and in general it is supposed to increase battery life.

Some folks have claimed increased battery life but you need to take that with a grain of salt - batter life is dependent on how you use your device to a large degree no matter what the engineers changed in ECO mode. As far as turning of the display after 15 second I don't know how much that could really add to battery life. The display can't be drawing more than 25 mA which to an 18650 is very little wasted energy.

People have been watching their Joules counter to get an idea of how many joules the get with ECO on and off.

PS - Oops, as Dems said it does limit the output to 40 joules.

Last edited:

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
ECO mode: The only observable function is that after firing the display shuts off after 15 second (I believe that is the number) and in general it is supposed to increase battery life.

Some folks have claimed increased battery life but you need to take that with a grain of salt - batter life is dependent on how you use your device to a large degree no matter what the engineers changed in ECO mode. As far as turning of the display after 15 second I don't know how much that could really add to battery life. The display can't be drawing more than 25 mA which to an 18650 is very little wasted energy.

People have been watching their Joules counter to get an idea of how many joules the get with ECO on and off.

PS - Oops, as Dems said it does limit the output to 40 joules.
I thought it was 5 seconds for the display?
I can't check though, I've boxed mine up to ship back for replacement.

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Reactions: Vlad1

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK

The WGU Club Co-Founder

yeah its 5 seconds

would be a nice touch if a future update added a choice of time out to the menu system

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
Check out their website, they are advertising a Boxer 150w mod w/2 batteries that uses the Yihi chip (they say 2nd generation chip)

Boxer Mod 150W with YiHi SX350J Temperature Control - Ginger Vaper

Thanks for the link @Sean Mack . Just got off the phone with them & ordered one. They said they were excited to start handling the boxer as their exclusive USA dealer and rushed to get in online. They will soon be stocking them & provide a 2-3 day lead time over the current 4-week. Also, they are offering the unit in parallel too and as a complete DIY kit (housing, board, all misc parts).

Awesome looking device, but not exactly "pocket friendly"...that thing is HUGE!

Are we looking at the same unit? It is barely larger then 2 18650's. Not even room for a balance charger board. Look at the pic in his hand or on the desk.

80.5mm x 41.5mm x 39.2mm (3.17″ x 1.63″ x 1.54″ appox.) M class is 3.625" x 1.68 x 1.0

Are there any other sites selling that mod? Ginger Vaper seems very steep at $250.

I seen you can get all the parts to build this yourself for less than 200

My thoughts were, I paid $200 for the M with a single battery (and can get pretty close to that used). For only $50 more, a dual battery unit without paint issue that is even better looking (IMO). I tried not to look at the individual parts cost.... if we did that no one could ever justify $200 for the M (which can't cost yihi more then $50 to produce) but the value for finished product. Which to me is well worth that extra $50 over the M and even $50 less then something like the VF.

I didn't inquire about his DIY kit price. To me, opening up my mail and having a unit I can just throw in 2 batteries and vape is well worth it.

Will post pics as soon as it arrives :)))

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
He went completely over to the dark side. Lists on Facebook, full on HEMO. His latest mods are even nicer though, and come fully assembled. Single and dual 26650 DNA40 and SX350 (and 350J coming) units.

Yup that's him. I just cant seem to find where I could order some of his SX350j designs from. :(

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Are we looking at the same unit? It is barely larger then 2 18650's. Not even room for a balance charger board. Look at the pic in his hand or on the desk.

80.5mm x 41.5mm x 39.2mm (3.17″ x 1.63″ x 1.54″ appox.) M class is 3.625" x 1.68 x 1.0
At 1.5 x 1.63 it's literally larger than having 4 18650s in a cubed arrangement. So yeah, I'd call that fat.

Last edited:

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Yup that's him. I just cant seem to find where I could order some of his SX350j designs from. :(
A 26650 350J would be nice.

I'm also with you danny, that Boxer looks like a really nice bit of kit for $250.

Dual 18650 with a 350J for only $50 more, that's great. Being able to choose series or parallel is a nice option too. For those who will never go above 60 watts, they can benefit from insane battery life.

Very much looking forward to seeing some pics and impressions from you.

The WGU Club Co-Founder

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

The WGU Club Co-Founder

yeah its 5 seconds

would be a nice touch if a future update added a choice of time out to the menu system

You guy are absolutely correct it is 5 seconds. I have no idea why I didn't just test it rather than Wing It with a guess the darn thing is sitting right here in front of me. :blush:

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
You guy are absolutely correct it is 5 seconds. I have no idea why I didn't just test it rather than Wing It with a guess the darn thing is sitting right here in front of me. :blush:
It's Saturday morning, you get a pass for wanting to be a little lazy :D

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
Thanks for the link @Sean Mack . Just got off the phone with them & ordered one. They said they were excited to start handling the boxer as their exclusive USA dealer and rushed to get in online. They will soon be stocking them & provide a 2-3 day lead time over the current 4-week. Also, they are offering the unit in parallel too and as a complete DIY kit (housing, board, all misc parts).

No prob. I saw it and hurt my jaw it dropped so low it hit my desk lol..
They are a great group of guys and they will take care of ya.
Let us know how you like it, I too am thinking about grabbing one

FYI: jstrong681 started a thread for it
Boxer Mod Dual 18650 Yihi 350J | E-Cigarette Forum

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
But that would be 5 seconds lost of ECF time ;)

Very true Quantum, Have I mentioned that I hate this new ECF forum software. If you don't respond to every email you all of a sudden stop getting any email alerts to new post. It is a real PITA. So now I have a link to my unread followed threads page so I can figure out why the forum has gone silent. Ugh!

New is not always better !!!

Reactions: Quantum Mech

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Very true Quantum, Have I mentioned that I hate this new ECF forum software. If you don't respond to every email you all of a sudden stop getting any email alerts to new post. It is a real PITA. So now I have a link to my unread followed threads page so I can figure out why the forum has gone silent. Ugh!

New is not always better !!!
Agreed....and the new software seem to like to make double reply posts a LOT. Probably I haven't a clue how to use the software and the software is fine (translation....I'm too dumb to know how to use it). In any case it's irritating the he!! out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread