Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That nic adds a lot of color. Took me a while to figure out why my "aged" 6mg was no where near the color I was use to.

Why are you mixing down the nic level?
Yes M'am. I'll try different levels. Gonna experiment with lowering my nic level from 18mg. Not so much because I am concerned about nic but I want to see if I can take the throat hit down just a little without sacrificing flavor.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Yes M'am. I'll try different levels. Gonna experiment with lowering my nic level from 18mg. Not so much because I am concerned about nic but I want to see if I can take the throat hit down just a little without sacrificing flavor.

Sooo... why not try a slight reduction in PG ? say 50/50 ?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Let's hope Mamaw has a strong stomach (or takes an acid-reflux pill0

Pork Baby Back Ribs.

mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 1/2 cup hot water, 1 teaspoon spicy mustard and 1 teaspoon hickory smoke barbeque sauce.
Lay ribs onto center of sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Baste top (meat) of ribs, then turn over and fold corners/ sides of aluminum foil. Slowly pour remaining basting into ribs, using curve of ribs and aluminum foil to form cradle for basting.
Intend to let this soak for about two hours. Then cook at around 250*F on gas grill with ribs still inside foil.
Basic Carolina Barbeque recipe with Hickory Smoke sauce instead of ketchup, and Spicy Mustard instead of yellow mustard. Should add a little 'zing' to the flavor.

hope this works......

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Pork Baby Back Ribs.

mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 1/2 cup hot water, 1 teaspoon spicy mustard and 1 teaspoon hickory smoke barbeque sauce.
Lay ribs onto center of sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Baste top (meat) of ribs, then turn over and fold corners/ sides of aluminum foil. Slowly pour remaining basting into ribs, using curve of ribs and aluminum foil to form cradle for basting.
Intend to let this soak for about two hours. Then cook at around 250*F on gas grill with ribs still inside foil.
Basic Carolina Barbeque recipe with Hickory Smoke sauce instead of ketchup, and Spicy Mustard instead of yellow mustard. Should add a little 'zing' to the flavor.

hope this works......
You're mean!

Reactions: EleanorR

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

Pork Baby Back Ribs.

hope this works......
Carolina style..heck yeah it works..I use spicy mustard in my Carolina sauce as well..

ETA

Don't forget about the slaw..hehe :p

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Jumping all over this one Bronze.....
I went to 6mg and if anything ,..the flavor improves. :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
You're mean!
Nope , I'm with Papaw on this one , sometimes you gotta do things the way you want'm . There's a lot of things I don't get to eat anymore because my wife can't handle it . The only time I get to eat blackeyed peas or red beans and rice anymore is if BK's wife cooks a pot of'm and sends me some .

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
You're mean!

Carolina style..heck yeah it works..I use spicy mustard in my Carolina sauce as well..

ETA

Don't forget about the slaw..hehe :p

So I go outside, and I'm hilling up some potatoes. It is just a little warm and humid, so I think 'Maybe I'll get a white shirt and straw hat while I'm out here.'
I go inside, and Mamaw is cooking Chili Dogs o_O
"What are you doing that for ?"
"I thought you were cooking them tomorrow" she replied.

Chili Dogs it is. Baby Back Ribs for Lunch tomorrow.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
So I go outside, and I'm hilling up some potatoes. It is just a little warm and humid, so I think 'Maybe I'll get a white shirt and straw hat while I'm out here.'
I go inside, and Mamaw is cooking Chili Dogs o_O
"What are you doing that for ?"
"I thought you were cooking them tomorrow" she replied.

Chili Dogs it is. Baby Back Ribs for Lunch tomorrow.
Thanks Papaw..I was wondering what to fix for supper..Chili Dogs it is. mmmmmmm :p

Reactions: DavidOH

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
It's really strong..Not as smooth as Legend..Quite similar in taste for me though.
I vaped 15mls of it , it was barely tolerable to me , thought I should like it because it is Legend with a longer extraction time but it just ain't for me .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nope , I'm with Papaw on this one , sometimes you gotta do things the way you want'm . There's a lot of things I don't get to eat anymore because my wife can't handle it . The only time I get to eat blackeyed peas or red beans and rice anymore is if BK's wife cooks a pot of'm and sends me some .
He's mean for showing/telling us what he was having for dinner and not inviting us. I don't care about Mamaw's belly. She's a big girl I'm sure she'll take care of it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread