Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
That was the two hours from heck. 90 degrees out with blazing sunshine and, for us, high humidity at 20%.

It was all bearable when the clouds came over and just terrible without the clouds. We got at least forty T's and J's for plants done plus I got two more hundred foot half inch lines rolled out.

I'm hanging in the A/C for at least half an hour before venturing out again.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
It was a little warm here, too. Around 90 all afternoon with a relatively dry, for here, humidity around 70%. I did manage a couple of hours with a break in the middle to walk Bo, but he wanted to go right back into the AC.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
Hey guys, have a nice safe and healthy weekend.
I tried sweet potatos today first time in my life.
Maybe going to try neem oil as a pesticide today at the village. I found out that using polysorbate 20 (derived from coconut oil) is a surfactant and helps dilute the neem oil into water, easier to spray on plants. In combination with soap (i use the simplest olive oil soap) makes a good, safe and friendly pesticide against good insects like bees etc.

0mg need anything?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
0mg need anything?
Yep. We need to add teeth to my threat--
Welcome back! Otherwise, I will put a virus in your computer so that ECF will be the only place you can go on the WWW!! Now, if only I knew how to write code-- maybe Trit?
Can you write something like that? I am sure everyone would appreciate it. Maybe for Alex, too. He has been AWOL for a long time.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Hello, Trit, be careful...Zero might use that virus on you, too:)

I'm paying the price for over doing it yesterday. Pass the ibuprofen, please.

I have to get the rest of the watering zone hooked up this morning. Then I am ready to get automated and set all the timers.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I have twelve zones if you count the veggie garden which has two zones of its own.

Two of the zones near the house run every third day.

Eight zones run every four days. Not all at once, of course. Two per day for 5 hours each.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Awsum - you almost made sweet potatoes sound good! Almost. :facepalm:

Gatorade makes me want to puke. I can't stand anything sticky sweet like that. I get my potassium from Braggs ACV mixed with a little honey in a glass of water when I'm outside sweating, followed by copious amounts of cool, not cold, spring water. I also love it on my daily salad. We've got a beekeper about a mile from here so it's local grown honey, which I've heard was good for allergies. Must be working because I haven't had an allergy problem in about 35 years. Braggs acv has the mother in it and I've acquired a taste for it. No more heat cramps since I started using just a couple of teaspoons a day. It seems to help with urinary tract problems I developed after radiation burned my bladder as well. I spend all day in heat over 90 several times a week and have no problems with it whatsoever. Might not work for everybody but just sharing what works for me.

I've made a note of Braggs ACV. Some nice local honey might make it palatable. Or, I could just add that black strap molasses to it and kill two birdies with one stone. Thanks!

I'm heading to New York tomorrow... it's gonna be a long drive! We're spreading my Gramma's ashes and then it'll be a little bit of a vacation. Might very well be the last trip up there, then again ya never know what the future holds.;)

I'm doing the very same thing tomorrow, Celti. We're heading out to Columbus, Ohio (which is my birthplace) to take care of my sister's ashes and have a bit of a reunion. Long drive for me too, but not as long as yours. Yikes!

SandySu - you're being awfully quiet. You okay?

Having a bodacious storm here. Lots of thunder and lightning and it was raining so hard that you could hardly see out the windows. I'd better quit tempting fate and turn the computer back off. I probably won't check in until after I take my sister to the airport to send 'er home. That'd be Friday, I think. I'll miss you all. *sniff*

__flying_raven_animation___by_jesseth-d34fvum.gif

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
And you both vape! Small world, huh?
It is all in the sense of smell, awsum. For a person who knows anything about honey, the only honey flavoring that even approaches it is Inawera Miod. I am using it in my RY4.

honey-opt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread