Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Thanks, AF. Everything was 50/50. If we keep eliminating variables, we'll be left with nothing but EBIDTA.

In my experience, the snap, crackle and pop is directly related to the combination of viscosity, power setting, build and especially wick density. I have been vaping primarily unflavored e-lquid the past 6-8 weeks and still experience popping with certain builds. Completely anecdotal and non-scientific.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
In my experience, the snap, crackle and pop is directly related to the combination of viscosity, power setting, build and especially wick density. I have been vaping primarily unflavored e-lquid the past 6-8 weeks and still experience popping with certain builds. Completely anecdotal and non-scientific.
Perfectly plausible. As I don't rebuild, I have no idea how much wick density varies, either by mfr., coils in a batch, or over the life of a coil. I do recall kanger coils popping a lot when first installed and used, and less so once "broken in". Other than the aural stimulation, the popping seems to have no effect on vape quality. Still, it's fun trying to figure things out.

What does unflavored e-liquid taste like?

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Perfectly plausible. As I don't rebuild, I have no idea how much wick density varies, either by mfr., coils in a batch, or over the life of a coil. I do recall kanger coils popping a lot when first installed and used, and less so once "broken in". Other than the aural stimulation, the popping seems to have no effect on vape quality. Still, it's fun trying to figure things out.

I generally mix my unflavored e-liquid @ 70-80% VG. It tastes slightly fruity and slightly sweet from the VG. Depending on the nic base used, it can also have a very slightly peppery tone. It's actually quite pleasant. I never switched my cigarette flavors, let alone several times a day. Now I only mix up a flavored e-liquid when I feel compelled to do so or when mixing for others. I have $160 worth of flavorings sitting around, begging for attention! :facepalm:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've been on some sort of self-imposed hiatus. My little girly touchy feely feelings were bruised and I've been pouting for several weeks.

“You make yourself and others suffer just as much when you take offense as when you give offense.

Ken Keyes, Jr. (Prescriptions for Happiness)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
When I build spaced coils with the spacing a little too close I get a nasty POP on the first vape each time. Probably has nadda to do with your coil, but that is when things pop for me.

I've never had any specific juice pop and I have ran juices from 30VG/70PG all the way up to "Woo Whee... Shee's a Chuckin" 100%VG axel grease. :thumbs:
rip-cloud.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I generally mix my unflavored e-liquid @ 70-80% VG. It tastes slightly fruity and slightly sweet from the VG. Depending on the nic base used, it can also have a very slightly peppery tone. It's actually quite pleasant. I never switched my cigarette flavors, let alone several times a day. Now I only mix up a flavored e-liquid when I feel compelled to do so or when mixing for others. I have $160 worth of flavorings sitting around, begging for attention! :facepalm:
If you like 5 Pawns Castle Long then this all TFA recipe is very close.
Serious yummy and could be an ADV for me.
Castle Long Clone | Clone Recipes

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I really don't think it has a lot to do with the juice. I always vape the exact same juice in my M. And with some coils I get a lot of popping. With others, nothing but smooth vape. So it must have something to do with the different quality in coils.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
This is a question for the peeps who got their M tanks during the first round from Sweet-vapes and from @tiburonfirst latest trek through France and NYC!!!

Have u noticed a difference (in a good way) with the tanks from Tibs?

I grabbed one while running to the airport to visit family down south. It was the first time I opened the box. It seems to be built slightly better- the afc is tighter, the well seems a bit deeper (i think, since the rigged top of the coil isnt as visable through the fill holes like the ones from SV), the side of the bridge between the fill holes (against the tank wall) that is visible from the side of the tank seems to be longer. I dont have one of my older tanks to compare to until I get back to NY, so I was wondering if its just my imagination or did they make some minor (good) adjustments???!!

Toastyroadie

Mar 18, 2015
CO, USA
Hey gang, hope you all had a great Saturday. Or is it Katurday?;)

Soaked my GS Air M to clean overnight for the first time in everclear and again like the air, was able to take it apart. No glue, just the gaskets.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
@rhammer186 - well, rocketman commented that his tanks were all top-notch ;)

don't forget the m series tanks are built as a special order for distributors - they do not show up in eleaf's official line-up
I knew they were special orders for distributors but I figured SV must have gotten them from HG/UV or similar so the design would be the exact same. Had I known, I would have gotten many more!!!!!!!! Sadly I only got 2 for myself and the other 2 for others....darn!

Next time.........**fingers crossed*** ;)

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Is there a particular reason you're selling off the tanks?

I prefer the capacity and vape of the M. I usually vape around 12-15w and can empty an MS in no time! like I stated, I got the MS to go with the Mini and I'm not personally satisfied with the vape I get from the combo. others love it though!

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I got an eGo One tank and a pack of CLR heads in yesterdays vapemail. It is really finely crafted compared to the GS tanks. A lovely brushed stainless finish that matches perfectly with the eGo One battery. The AFC is much more cleanly fitted than the somewhat sloppy fit of the M/MS. It has three tiny slits on each side which require excellent lighting at the perfect angle while carefully tipping the tank back and forth to ascertain whether or not you have juice in the tank without letting you tell how much. I am NOT a fan of this "feature".

It came with the 1ohm stock coil. Loads of vapor, a little harsher than my MS. Less than a day and the tank started gurgling, flooding, leaking, and producing a harsh flavor. So much for the stock coil, but I only bought it for the CLR heads. I've got one in it now, fine so far but I intend to rebuild one tomorrow at 1.4 or 1.5 ohm like I do for the GS before deciding its fate.

Based strictly on the stock coils, the GS beats the eGo One hands down on the eGo One bat. Even if the CLR heads kick ...., it's a hard choice. The GS are kind of cheesy looking in comparison, but man, they just work. My only problem with the GS is wrapping the coils on the rebuild. I build a perfectly functioning coil that tests out fine. Then I wrap it and put the cap back on and it dies or floods about 20% of the time.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I got an eGo One tank and a pack of CLR heads in yesterdays vapemail. It is really finely crafted compared to the GS tanks. A lovely brushed stainless finish that matches perfectly with the eGo One battery. The AFC is much more cleanly fitted than the somewhat sloppy fit of the M/MS. It has three tiny slits on each side which require excellent lighting at the perfect angle while carefully tipping the tank back and forth to ascertain whether or not you have juice in the tank without letting you tell how much. I am NOT a fan of this "feature".

It came with the 1ohm stock coil. Loads of vapor, a little harsher than my MS. Less than a day and the tank started gurgling, flooding, leaking, and producing a harsh flavor. So much for the stock coil, but I only bought it for the CLR heads. I've got one in it now, fine so far but I intend to rebuild one tomorrow at 1.4 or 1.5 ohm like I do for the GS before deciding its fate.

Based strictly on the stock coils, the GS beats the eGo One hands down on the eGo One bat. Even if the CLR heads kick ...., it's a hard choice. The GS are kind of cheesy looking in comparison, but man, they just work. My only problem with the GS is wrapping the coils on the rebuild. I build a perfectly functioning coil that tests out fine. Then I wrap it and put the cap back on and it dies or floods about 20% of the time.
GS Airs, the Volkswagen of clearomizers...:)
That's a pretty high rate of failure for the coil rebuilds, wonder what's going on?!?!
I can't think of any I've recoiled that failed either way, and I'm a sloppy, lazy recoiler...Bad JuJu.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada

PBusardo also says he likes higher wick density to cut down on popping. It wouldn't surprise me if a few variables cause it - some more than others. I guess now you'll have to figure out all the causes and how much so for each one... there is still fun to be had! :p :)

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Hey gang, hope you all had a great Saturday. Or is it Katurday?;)

Soaked my GS Air M to clean overnight for the first time in everclear and again like the air, was able to take it apart. No glue, just the gaskets.

Here is a pic.
Where did you buy your M? It is nice that you can take it fully apart. Have any of yours leaked anywhere?
Cheers

Last edited:

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Have u noticed a difference (in a good way) with the tanks from Tibs?

As Tibs pointed out, all 4 of the tanks I recently received are top notch. All have nice tight AFC rings and move very smoothly. My 3 previous ones vary from way too loose to pretty tight.

I don't fully understand the other differences you think there are, but I don't notice any.

Gonna marry the 4 awesome bases to my Ms and the 3 wonky ones to the MSs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread