Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Yea, I didnt realize I had them backwards until I was looking at these pics. I built a new one with N80 26G for the twists and sptapled it the proper way. But the new one is clocking at .15 ohms. Thnking I am going to put the other one back in since it was .22. I really cant tell a difference in the vape between them, and Im not sure Im comfortable with .15. I dont want to have any issues with my batteries. Its sitting on my sigelei with dual VTC4s, but Id rather be safe than FUBAR.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yea, I didnt realize I had them backwards until I was looking at these pics. I built a new one with N80 26G for the twists and sptapled it the proper way. But the new one is clocking at .15 ohms. Thnking I am going to put the other one back in since it was .22. I really cant tell a difference in the vape between them, and Im not sure Im comfortable with .15. I dont want to have any issues with my batteries. Its sitting on my Sigelei with dual VTC4s, but Id rather be safe than FUBAR.

How's the flavor and spit back compared to fused claptons? Do you think it would be too hard to do duals of these and keep it above 0.2 ohms?

Also, why are you concerned about 0.15 ohms on a regulated mod? Is it because of the chip and it's wired in series? Like would you feel safer using that build on an unregulated parallel box? I just got my Sigelei 150 recently, that's why I'm so curious lol. And also because the build I currently have on it is reading at a 0.1 on my Sigelei even though on my ohm reader it reads 0.20 on the dot with no jumping [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Yea, I didnt realize I had them backwards until I was looking at these pics. I built a new one with N80 26G for the twists and sptapled it the proper way. But the new one is clocking at .15 ohms. Thnking I am going to put the other one back in since it was .22. I really cant tell a difference in the vape between them, and Im not sure Im comfortable with .15. I dont want to have any issues with my batteries. Its sitting on my Sigelei with dual VTC4s, but Id rather be safe than FUBAR.
stick with the .22 for longer battery life but you would still be good even at 0.15.

Reactions: etherealink

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
How's the flavor and spit back compared to fused claptons? Do you think it would be too hard to do duals of these and keep it above 0.2 ohms?

Also, why are you concerned about 0.15 ohms on a regulated mod? Is it because of the chip and it's wired in series? Like would you feel safer using that build on an unregulated parallel box? I just got my Sigelei 150 recently, that's why I'm so curious lol. And also because the build I currently have on it is reading at a 0.1 on my Sigelei even though on my ohm reader it reads 0.20 on the dot with no jumping [emoji19]

I normally build around .3-.6. Just what I like. its not to warm and my drip tip dosent get as hot. Also I have better battery life throughout the day. .15 could be an issue if something goes wrong such as when I put the top cap back on if I hit the coil and short it against the side it may go down lower. Yes my Sig should protect me from that happening, but I trust my devices to fail at the worst times. .22 gives me a little bit of a break. also pushing my batteries that hard all the time seems like it would stress them over time. I dont like to push my gear uber hard when I really dont need to.

As to building duals... .22 halved would be .11... I wouldnt do that. Hell I dont think my sig would even fire it. You could probably build this out of smaller wire, but it would still be huge. For ....s and giggles I put my other one of these coils in just to see what it reads... I wont fire it, and when I put it on my meter it was .1 on the nose.

Vapor is pretty damn good off this as well as flavor. Actually flavor is freaking phenomenal. I can taste nuances in my juice that with a parallel or any other coil was not there. Spitting isnt much of a problem either. well unless I drown the coil in juice... I find the easiest way to rejuice is to fill the other side of the RDA and let if flow between the posts and get picked up by the wick. wait a minute and the coils are nice and wet again. if I drip directly onto the coil I do get spitting, but a simple puff into the cap blows vapor out the air hole then Im good as the coil reaches molten lava temps.

Never had much luck with Claptons, they always tend to spit way to much for my liking, but Im gonna build that fused that was posted and give it a whirl.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
;)
The Staple Staggered Fused Clapton

Just a question, but why did you use those post holes for that... If you shifted it to the right so the neg post holds the top wrap you have more room to run your wicking down to the juice well. It looks like the neg post your using the coil is following the top of the juice well rim pretty much. Just something I picked up from a vid I saw on YouTube from TwistedMesses in his How to build this vid for my coil.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Sorry for the poor images, but this will end up being my go-to setup for the cyclone.

Wicked fast.

Twisted 30ga. under tension, 6/5 and an itty bitty 1mm ID, vertical orientation, 0.7ohm.

yw7mKpb.jpg

CwV7mcU.jpg

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Just a question, but why did you use those post holes for that... If you shifted it to the right so the neg post holds the top wrap you have more room to run your wicking down to the juice well. It looks like the neg post your using the coil is following the top of the juice well rim pretty much. Just something I picked up from a vid I saw on YouTube from TwistedMesses in his How to build this vid for my coil.

yes you are right, its force of habit, up till that build recently i had been wrapping the coil in the other direction to allow more room for wick, i even mentioned it to someone on here a couple of days ago lol But after looking at it after it was installed it didnt really make alot of differance cus i had to run the coil on tilt so as not to hit the cap wall, i could have and still can move it but .... LoL i will prob leave it

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I normally build around .3-.6. Just what I like. its not to warm and my drip tip dosent get as hot. Also I have better battery life throughout the day. .15 could be an issue if something goes wrong such as when I put the top cap back on if I hit the coil and short it against the side it may go down lower. Yes my Sig should protect me from that happening, but I trust my devices to fail at the worst times. .22 gives me a little bit of a break. also pushing my batteries that hard all the time seems like it would stress them over time. I dont like to push my gear uber hard when I really dont need to.

As to building duals... .22 halved would be .11... I wouldnt do that. Hell I dont think my sig would even fire it. You could probably build this out of smaller wire, but it would still be huge. For ****s and giggles I put my other one of these coils in just to see what it reads... I wont fire it, and when I put it on my meter it was .1 on the nose.

Vapor is pretty damn good off this as well as flavor. Actually flavor is freaking phenomenal. I can taste nuances in my juice that with a parallel or any other coil was not there. Spitting isnt much of a problem either. well unless I drown the coil in juice... I find the easiest way to rejuice is to fill the other side of the RDA and let if flow between the posts and get picked up by the wick. wait a minute and the coils are nice and wet again. if I drip directly onto the coil I do get spitting, but a simple puff into the cap blows vapor out the air hole then Im good as the coil reaches molten lava temps.

Never had much luck with Claptons, they always tend to spit way to much for my liking, but Im gonna build that fused that was posted and give it a whirl.

Hmm, maybe I'll just try a staple coil next then. Can you say if the flavor, vapor, and spitback differ for a staple coil than a fused clapton?

I thought I would like single coils. For a while I was stuck with dual only attys so when I got my compvape attys I was looking forward to doing nice big single coils. I don't like it [emoji19] and for a few reasons. I was actually just vaping on a single fused clapton in my El Cabron today for like an hour then I ripped it out.
1) I hate having to drip twice as much as I do with duals.
2) The airflow (for me) even in the El Cabron even full open seems so choked off
3) I definitely get so many more dry hits because I'm used to doing longer pulls I guess with dual coils?

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Hmm, maybe I'll just try a staple coil next then. Can you say if the flavor, vapor, and spitback differ for a staple coil than a fused clapton?

I thought I would like single coils. For a while I was stuck with dual only attys so when I got my compvape attys I was looking forward to doing nice big single coils. I don't like it [emoji19] and for a few reasons. I was actually just vaping on a single fused clapton in my El Cabron today for like an hour then I ripped it out.
1) I hate having to drip twice as much as I do with duals.
2) The airflow (for me) even in the El Cabron even full open seems so choked off
3) I definitely get so many more dry hits because I'm used to doing longer pulls I guess with dual coils?

I feel ya man. I too prefer duals and the airflow you can get with them. Granted you can open your airflow like you would for duals when you have a single coil in, it just wont be as dense of a cloud. the dripping more isnt much of an issue for me, since I actually drip some onto the coil, then flood the non coil holding deck so that the juice flows between the posts to the wick, but I understand your issue. My pulls are the same single or dual. obviously I get mor flavor and vapor with duals, but I still pull just as long.

Overall I have no issues with single over dual, but this coil is just so hot that it heats up my tip way to much for my liking. I think this afternoon Im going to go back to my standard dual parallel .6ohm coil. my battery lasts a lot longer with it. That and I like building coils...

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I find that a coil/s that have a ramp up will heat up the driptip and atty more than a hotter build that you have to take shorter hits on.

Also i do the single coil all air or both sides open trick and make sure im still pulling after ive let go of the fire button.

The filling of the drip well on single coil's is what i aim for aswell, i count drops or the amount glass dropper that is full but if you fill an atty to the brim with juice it will expand with the heat and sepe(sp) from airholes LoL.

When im vaping on the single 'Staple staggered fused clapton' it feels like a dual, maybe cus the coil holds onto so much juice, its by far my favourite in every way, if your a flavour chaser you need to defo try it :)

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
The filling of the drip well on single coil's is what i aim for aswell, i count drops or the amount glass dropper that is full but if you fill an atty to the brim with juice it will expand with the heat and sepe(sp) from airholes LoL.

This just gave me a eureka moment for a seeping issue I'm having on the Freakshow mini. Thank you!!

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
This just gave me a eureka moment for a seeping issue I'm having on the Freakshow mini. Thank you!!
:D seeping juice isnt good.

------------------------------------------------

A dual staple staggered fused clapton is way to strong in every department, i used 26g n80, 32g n80, 4wraps each on 3/32nd, 0.07 ohms
The single that i made was good but i may use 22 or 24g instead of the 26g to bring the ohms between what the single and dual are giving me.

-------------------------------------------------

i cant bring up the ohms symbol! it used to be &[HASHTAG]#937[/HASHTAG]; has something changed?

Reactions: VictorViper

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
:D seeping juice isnt good.

No, it is not. But it is fixed, so thank you for the inadvertent tip! Seems the heat from vaping causes just enough expansion/contraction in the top cap to allow minor leakage, and when the atty is screwed down flush, my mech's top cap is acting as a wick and drawing it out. Mounting it with about 1mm gap and no more seeping! :)

Wbi8pCE.jpg

^This is something I never considered before buying - has a lipless base become a common design? Design flaw, IMO. I won't buy an atty without a lipped base again.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Did another 26g N80 core 36g KA1 outer dual fused clapton build in my twisted messes rda. 7 wraps this time with 2.4 ID. This is probably the most flavorful and enjoyable vape I've ever had, between 70-80 watts on my Sigelei 150. Oh and it came out at 0.24 ohms btw.

f8e95cf0fad3a20aa78d8d11041fe23a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread