Woodvil Sale Day Thread - May 23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

airedale2

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Delavan, Il
0530151356 (400x225).jpg
Finally had a chance to post my family, been enjoying my woodvil too much!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Wow - look at you go, papaw. Very nice haul. Not one, but two of the coveted plungers and I love the colour range. :thumbs:

Oh yea, the Plungers were bought within four minutes, as they are my preference.
The other two, without plungers, will be held and eventually sold to friends who may not be as active in the work market as I am. They each seem very happy with the offer I made, but limited income shouldn't keep an old friend from a Woodvil.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Awwwwwwww that's awesome Papaw!!!!

No, not really. I wanted the Plungers. The other two were a "OMG :w00t:" kind of moment. I could ask Rob to return them, or post them on the classies. But instead I decided to try to help out a few friends. I need to just stay away from Reos mods fro awhile...:rolleyes:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
AP you makin a list of who got what? Dunno if I ever told you or not - I got [HASHTAG]#125[/HASHTAG] Wenge.

I don't love my grands any less, but - I no longer consider a REO Grand to be the greatest mod on earth. That title, imho, goes to the REO Woodvil. :)

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
It's a Purple Heart with Birdseye Maple door.
0f798f39fc7d6b96ef3d6eac1a6611d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very classy, I like the combo of the dark and light woods, nice family.

Stupid post office. But, whew and a sigh, alas...everything is as it should be and the REOs are home.
I am really really happy that you let them know what was what, and they found it. :thumbs:
You hear a lot of stories about them going "postal", but they can really have that effect on the outside population more often than not. "Stupid" was a great choice of words, among others.

Artwork_zps752juox1.jpg

Works of Art : Reos and Lladro.
AAaw Papaw, what a great looking collection.
They all look good together, even if you do "share"
Love the "plungers" ... beautiful

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Nice old collection there! Strange light blue color reo grand? Must be custom.

Gota feel strange seeing that woodvile with no catch cup on her eh? Not a lp in the bunch.

I have no need for an lp - rm2 and Chalice III work so nice on the big catch cup original reo grand. Also think the SL SP Grands, for me, defeat a purpose....to keep dirt and debris out of the inside but to each his own. But, having said all that, I do see a LP Metal Grand in my future but I think it will be a Resin. Was going to wait to buy until the RESINs came out but these woodvils are few and far between releases and with so many great innovative changes, I had to jump in.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have an issue with one of my new Woodvil's, not noticed until I had both in hand, used them both for awhile last night/this AM and noticed a big difference between them, then took the time to finally compare them this afternoon. With Rob away on a much needed break, thought I'd toss it out there to see if anyone else has had the same, has already talked to Rob or crew about it before he left for some answers or maybe an easy fix without sending it back to the Spa.

Concerns the lockable brass buttons, the length of throw to fire and mechanics of locking the buttons off. On one the throw is quite long, but it easily turns all the way to lock the button off. On the other just a touch will fire it, and to lock it off I have to pull the button out some to get over a bump to lock it off. Looking inside in the fire position, the end of the touch to fire one protrudes way further into the mod than the other. In the locked position it still has more insdie than the other. Can be seen outside as well by looking closer... on the one I suspect does not have an issue there is way more button outside when in the fire position than the one I think does have an issue. Maybe because the one was not assembled all the way right, has come loose, or partially apart, something foreign in there or in the way, whatever. Since I don't know the schematics of the buttons design it's all just specualtion.

Comments or a PM appreciated if you've had the same and have talked to Reosmods about it. Guesses or speculations are not needed please. I've already speculated more than enough and just shy of actually taking it apart, which i am not going to do at this point. I have already put it aside until I can call Reosmods Monday if no definitive answer from someone who has already talked to them about this surfaces before then. I have plenty of back up Reos, so even if it does have to go back to the spa it'll all work out eventually when I can take it to the PO for shipping.

I almost bought another one today just because I really like the new design... almost only so far though, still on the fence with a few of them in my sights that are being pondered over. :)

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
My two lovelies waiting for me today in the vapemailbox[emoji7] I set the Lace up. It's urethaned so just coiled, filled, powered and squonked. Now I know what the Nauts are talking about when they say it just feels unreal in my hand[emoji12] I am over the moon. Here are some pics.
uploadfromtaptalk1433024733278.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1433024743190.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1433024928373.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1433024934695.jpg

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Have an issue with one of my new Woodvil's, not noticed until I had both in hand, used them both for awhile last night/this AM and noticed a big difference between them, then took the time to finally compare them this afternoon. With Rob away on a much needed break, thought I'd toss it out there to see if anyone else has had the same, has already talked to Rob or crew about it before he left for some answers or maybe an easy fix without sending it back to the Spa.

Concerns the lockable brass buttons, the length of throw to fire and mechanics of locking the buttons off. On one the throw is quite long, but it easily turns all the way to lock the button off. On the other just a touch will fire it, and to lock it off I have to pull the button out some to get over a bump to lock it off. Looking inside in the fire position, the end of the touch to fire one protrudes way further into the mod than the other. In the locked position it still has more insdie than the other. Can be seen outside as well by looking closer... on the one I suspect does not have an issue there is way more button outside when in the fire position than the one I think does have an issue. Maybe because the one was not assembled all the way right, has come loose, or partially apart, something foreign in there or in the way, whatever. Since I don't know the schematics of the buttons design it's all just specualtion.

Comments or a PM appreciated if you've had the same and have talked to Reosmods about it. Guesses or speculations are not needed please. I've already speculated more than enough and just shy of actually taking it apart, which i am not going to do at this point. I have already put it aside until I can call Reosmods Monday if no definitive answer from someone who has already talked to them about this surfaces before then. I have plenty of back up Reos, so even if it does have to go back to the spa it'll all work out eventually when I can take it to the PO for shipping.

I almost bought another one today just because I really like the new design... almost only so far though, still on the fence with a few of them in my sights that are being pondered over. :)
Spydro, sounds like a simple fix. The switch cannot be more basic. It's sounds like the inner black plastic sheath in the button has come loose. I do not know how it connects to the button so any fix from me would be speculation. So to speculate, it probably needs to be turned and tightened. That should decrease the throw distance and push the button out to its normal position. With that being said, back to the spa it goes.

Reactions: Slots

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Very classy, I like the combo of the dark and light woods, nice family.

I am really really happy that you let them know what was what, and they found it. :thumbs:
You hear a lot of stories about them going "postal", but they can really have that effect on the outside population more often than not. "Stupid" was a great choice of words, among others.

AAaw Papaw, what a great looking collection.
They all look good together, even if you do "share"
Love the "plungers" ... beautiful
Thank you!! Purple Heart and Maple go so well together. Two of my top favorite woods to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread