Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Now we need a Dr's prescription-hello

Just stumbled on to this, same thing happened in Bermuda to a Vaper of 4 yrs. He also declares this is something new but, although Bermuda is independent, may be served by the same airline. They clearly state it is Government policy now!

"A spokeswoman from the Ministry of Health yesterday said under current legislation nicotine is listed as a schedule three drug."

“As such, requires a prescription to obtain it unless it’s in the form of its ‘natural substance, ie tobacco,” she said. “This is the Government’s current policy, which adheres to the Pharmacy and Poisons Act, sections 25 (1)-(3) on Importation of Medicines and section 46 on Dispensing Records."

Here is the link:

Customs seize shocked smoker's e-cigarette | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda News

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Doesn't it just, but then again...it is Bermuda!!!

54c2ce58f026e0d339fb7f07_men-bermuda-shorts.jpg

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Now we need a Dr's prescription-hello

Just stumbled on to this, same thing happened in Bermuda to a Vaper of 4 yrs. He also declares this is something new but, although Bermuda is independent, may be served by the same airline. They clearly state it is Government policy now!

"A spokeswoman from the Ministry of Health yesterday said under current legislation nicotine is listed as a schedule three drug."

“As such, requires a prescription to obtain it unless it’s in the form of its ‘natural substance, ie tobacco,” she said. “This is the Government’s current policy, which adheres to the Pharmacy and Poisons Act, sections 25 (1)-(3) on Importation of Medicines and section 46 on Dispensing Records."

Here is the link:

Customs seize shocked smoker's e-cigarette | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda News

Ugh, I guess I won't be going to Bermuda any time soon. :facepalm:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I'd had the common issue with the rotten paint job on the iPV mini and opted for removing all the remaining paint and then polished up the ugly alloy that lay beneath, this was how my baby looked when they confiscated it. I removed the K v4 of course and snuck that away in my carry on.
ILz5iqK.jpg

Reactions: DC2

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Good Lord! That just totally smacks of protecting cigarettes and promoting smoking instead of a healthier alternative. :facepalm:

At least their Govt comes right out and says 'it' / they're protecting tobacco.
Ours performs the whole time consuming dog&pony show that a 4th grader can see through trying to disguise 'it'.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Ummm, I hate to tell you this but the "No ecigarettes in checked in luggage" has been FAA policy for months and is clearly listed on their website. And it doesn't just apply to ecigarettes, it applies to ALL devices with lithium batteries. If the device has a lithium battery (Cell phone, laptop, tablet, DSLR camera, or ecig) it MUST be carried in the carry-on luggage. It is banned from check-in luggage.

Pack Safe – Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, spare (uninstalled)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Ummm, I hate to tell you this but the "No ecigarettes in checked in luggage" has been FAA policy for months and is clearly listed on their website.

Yep, this is a fact and TFL already found the reason for this change in policy and kindly posted it.
In this case the items were in carry on luggage and not checked luggage.
This last week I flew from Miami with American Airlines and they require you to say if you are carrying Lithium battery's in either checked or carry on baggage, is this something new again do you know?

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
At least their Govt comes right out and says 'it' / they're protecting tobacco.
Ours performs the whole time consuming dog&pony show that a 4th grader can see through trying to disguise 'it'.

I believe this is based on the nicotine content in e liquid rather than the battery end of things! If you read back through this thread a bit you will see that nicotine requires a prescription as a class 3 drug based on the Bermuda health ministry's classification!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread