• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

120ml stopped by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nt0020

Jun 20, 2015
Hello. I've been ordering through vapejp every two months or so for about a year with no problems at all. Same amount every time. Latest order has been stopped for some reason though. The only slight difference is that this time a couple of the 8x15ml bottles were 24mg nicotine instead of the 18mg I usually order. I can;t believe that would be an issue though.

Received a postcard from customs referring to pharmaceuticals and medical devices restrictions and requesting that I call them, which I will do on Monday.

Anyone had similar trouble in the past/recently? If so I could do with knowing how to tackle customs on the phone about the supposed '120ml for personal use' allowance, assuming that isn't just hearsay.

Extremely annoying as I am running low on juice and will be back on the cigarettes if it doesn't get through soon.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
As long as they didn't confiscate any of it then I wouldn't worry. Customs does random checks on things and they're required to put a notice in anything they open. If it would have been over the allowed amount or something illegal, I'm sure you would have received a personal visit by the authorities.

Even with my stuff coming to a U.S. base it still goes thru the Japanese customs. I've had more checks this year than I've had my entire time here combined and not just for vape stuff. Seems that they've increased how much they check.

nt0020

Jun 20, 2015
Even with my stuff coming to a U.S. base it still goes thru the Japanese customs. I've had more checks this year than I've had my entire time here combined and not just for vape stuff. Seems that they've increased how much they check.

I've maybe had one or two packages with that 'checked by customs' tape on them, but this time they have just impounded it and told me to contact them. I guess you're right that at least they haven't destroyed it or sent it back yet, and I have a chance to convince them to let it through. Would be good to know exactly what their problem is before I call them though.

Na. I been ordering half litres at a time

To and from where? If this does get sent back and looks like happening again, I might try for one big score. 500ml would probably last me almost a year.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Don't know why they would impound 120ml - I thought that much is allowed. Maybe the vendor threw in a freebie bottle and that put you over.

The nic level shouldn't be an issue - up to 36mg is safe for vaping and anything over is for DIY mixing.

Maybe the shipping label had something that drew their attention. Tell the vendor to not put anything like ecig or e-liquid on it. I've had some that said stuff like flavoring.

nt0020

Jun 20, 2015
So, it turns out there was in fact more than 120ml in the package. Vendor says they were out of something so he put an extra 30ml in.

Customs seem to be confused by mg and ml as well though so I have no idea what is going to actually arrive. They are destroying some of it and sending the rest. Numbers still don't add up at all. Customs guys are by far the rudest people I have ever had to deal with on the phone in Japan. They seemed unaware that any of the juice had nicotine in it, so I didn't bring that up.

I have a feeling that I am going to receive 4x15ml (24mg) bottles and 1x15ml (18mg) because they are idiots. Vendor already agreed to refund what they destroy which is cool. At least something will arrive before I run out.

nt0020

Jun 20, 2015
well if they say its phamaceuticals then they obviously know it has nic in it.

Wait, Your vendor didnt have a flavor, so they just gave you 30 mls of something you didnt ask for without checking? thats super weird.

Same flavour but different size and nic strength than I ordered.

This is getting ridiculous now. Customs called me again to ask for an invoice for the 24ml and 18ml bottles of juice that didn't exist, and I finally managed to explain the mg/ml mistake they were making. Now I have a letter from them to sign and send back which permits them to destroy only one 15ml bottle. After all this they are going to willingly send me 135ml of the 150ml in the package, despite the 120ml 'limit' being the reason this all started.

Maddening.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Japan is like that. Ridiculous and hierarchical as I've ever seen it. You should have seen when I Lost my ATM card at the airport. They called my bank. Bank.waited for me to come in to get a new card to tell me the airport found my old card. They wouldn't make me a new one insisting I get the old one back. The airport had to send me a form allowing them to send the card to the bank, Which I had to send back to them. Then they would send the card to the bank who would mail it to me, even though I live 10 mins from the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread