• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hong Kong Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enter

Jun 18, 2015
HK
Hey Guys!

I've never purchased from FT before.. I might do that soon since it's got pretty good deals and that's hard to avoid..

Just a quick question, has anyone ever had to pay import duties, taxes, tariffs, customs charges, DDP, VAT, for ordering from FT or from any other online ecig providers online? Just wondering as I know HK doesn't have tax or duties unless it's on excise duties on the following:

"Excise duties are levied only on four types of dutiable commodities, namely liquors, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil and methyl alcohol."

Does anyone know if there are extra taxes and such levied on e-cigs imported? Or is it duty free unless the packages get seized by customs?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I live in Korea and have had to face similar situations. Zero-nicotine liquid is duty free. But once it contains nicotine it all changes. The duties are quite high. For example about $0.90 per ml under 20ml and $1.50 per ml for quantities over 20ml regardless of nicotine strength.. So most avid vapers in Korea DIY. You will tend to find that its best to import base nicotine in the highest concentration you can safely. Or you can just buy zero nicotine juice from fasttech and import it duty free. Then add your own nicotine if it can be bought in HKG. Hardware to Korea is also duty-free under $120 USD. I'm sorry that this may not be completely applicable to HKG, but it may be similar. If you are sending small packages they will probably get through, however if you start importing 1000ml of juice you might get caught once in a while.

Enter

Jun 18, 2015
HK
I live in Korea and have had to face similar situations. Zero-nicotine liquid is duty free. But once it contains nicotine it all changes. The duties are quite high. For example about $0.90 per ml under 20ml and $1.50 per ml for quantities over 20ml regardless of nicotine strength.. So most avid vapers in Korea DIY. You will tend to find that its best to import base nicotine in the highest concentration you can safely. Or you can just buy zero nicotine juice from FastTech and import it duty free. Then add your own nicotine if it can be bought in HKG. Hardware to Korea is also duty-free under $120 USD. I'm sorry that this may not be completely applicable to HKG, but it may be similar. If you are sending small packages they will probably get through, however if you start importing 1000ml of juice you might get caught once in a while.

Thanks for the info Waddle! This will help! I'm glad I've ordered nicotine free juice (that's illegal here anyways) I'm sure I'll be able to find some vendors who sell nicotine here without too much trouble if I ever need it ;)

I recently made an order to Halo for a starter kit and eleven 7ml bottles of e-juice and two cartomizer packs, it weighs 1.330kgs and it's on it's way to HK and im really eager to get it.. just hoping it won't get seized or taxed or anything but it shouldn't.. do you know if they tax on hardware too? Or is it just the e-juice?

Thanks for your reply and intel :D

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
No mix them up,and don't make your orders too big. If you order, say juice (e.g 100 mls) and a few batteries, companies like FastTech will put electronic parts on the customs label. I don't know about Hong Kong, but to Korea I send via EMS, NOT DHL, if I want quick service. DHL has a habit of asking for documentation like original invoices. Regular air mail should go through no problem if packages are kept small.

Enter

Jun 18, 2015
HK
No mix them up,and don't make your orders too big. If you order, say juice (e.g 100 mls) and a few batteries, companies like FastTech will put electronic parts on the customs label. I don't know about Hong Kong, but to Korea I send via EMS, NOT DHL, if I want quick service. DHL has a habit of asking for documentation like original invoices. Regular air mail should go through no problem if packages are kept small.

Thanks for your reply once again! Got my package cleared out of customs today ^_^ should expect vape mail tomorrow :)

I ordered 11 bottles of 7ml juice I don't think that's too much? xD

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
11 bottles what size? 10ml or 100ml? Try and keep your packages small and order weekly or bi-weekly and you should have no problem. In Korea people will order a small bottle of say 20ml of 36mg nicotine and 100ml of zero nicotine same flavour. Then just mix them at you should come out with about 120ml of 7mg/ml liquid.

Enter

Jun 18, 2015
HK
11 bottles what size? 10ml or 100ml? Try and keep your packages small and order weekly or bi-weekly and you should have no problem. In Korea people will order a small bottle of say 20ml of 36mg nicotine and 100ml of zero nicotine same flavour. Then just mix them at you should come out with about 120ml of 7mg/ml liquid.

7ml bottles of liquid relatively small ordered it with a starter kit and two boxes of cartomizers

It passed customs today, I'll expect to have it at my door tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread