ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Reactions: DrMA

azb8496

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
VA, USA
I like the article. The tough talk may be off-putting, but it is deserved.

Yeah, it's a good read actually. I think I just needed some rest last night. I was all over online forums and my brain was on political overload (my work hasn't helped this week either). Sometimes you need to back off a bit. :shock: 5 day weekend coming up. Can't wait :thumb:

Reactions: nicnik

azb8496

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
VA, USA
"...a smaller percentage of smokers are successful with their quit attempts than in the past and making people quit is therefore getting harder."

This makes perfect sense when you think about people quitting over the years. Many quit when we realized how unhealthy it was. More quit when taxes went up. And even more due to social stigma. The patch, gum, and other cessation techniques also brought the smoking population down.

Those that remained, a large minority, were, hence, the ones who had the strongest susceptibility to cigarette addiction. Whether it was the ritual, the social belonging, the chemical kick, or all of the above, what was tried in the past was destined to plateau. If ANTZ understood this logic, or more importantly, acted on its belief, they could really help to change the world for the better. Sadly, that's not a part of their current mental and/or empathetic capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread