RDA Single Coil RDA for taste testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I use an igo-l (hole drilled out to 3/32") with a 1.2 ohm 28ga 2mm contact coil, wicked with mesh. It gives great flavor, and with a regulated device it allows you to go from low to high power easily to determine the sweet spot of your juice. And it's easy to dry burn between flavors. I think fasttech has one for less than $5.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Magma. Dome-shaped inner chamber, fantastic flavor, highly adjustable airflow from tootling to whooshing, easy to build on, very cheap (approx $15-$20, the Tobeco version).

Andria

ETA: although it has airflow settings which will WELL accommodate single-coil (that's what I use), it will also accommodate duals, if you later decide you wanna try that out.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Any recommendations for a simple RDA to taste my DIY from. Looking for something from fast tech or similar. I use a Lemo 2 regularly but need something easy and quick to taste my juices.

Any reason why you wouldn't just use something like a Cisco Spec atty and a spinner? 'Til this day, that type of set-up is the only thing that has remained a constant in my arsenal. For $20 you'd be set and wouldn't even need to rebuild anything and one CS atty has lasted me over year. Great purchase for ~$7-8 (just the atty).

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.fabe

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That looks basically like the old Igo-S. Cool.

Yeah pretty similar. For $2 you can't beat a juice tester haha.

I've got an Igo-S; I really can't recommend it, it's just so tiny. If someone really wants to taste it, a Magma, or an Achilles.

Andria

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I've got an Igo-S; I really can't recommend it, it's just so tiny. If someone really wants to taste it, a Magma, or an Achilles.

Andria

Or if those are what you like, a Cigreen Holmes. Plus its original and cheap. Do they even still sell OG Magmas or the Achilles? I sold my Achilles last year and there weren't even that many back then.

But even still, this is more about simple tasting and not full-on-out vaping. Those RDAs we are talking about, save for the IGO-S/Mini RDA, are more for vaping than tasting. My opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread