Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
9a882bb6fcf5761a5d4ab288638217ad.jpg
So I did the nauti coil test like I said I would.
That surge wasn't enough to burn out the coil. All it did was give a bit of a dry hit on the first hit...after that it worked fine.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Welp, it's understandable, Andria, but in my case I can NOT make it better, nor do I have the desire. :) As far as restaurants go, I simply adore the luxury of the experience, and often they DO chef much better than I. (altho I can make a mean mocha semi freddo!) :D

Well, y'know all those asinine smoking bans? They kinda soured me on eating out, or going to the movies, or... really pretty much anything out in public. Staying out of restaurants forced me to my own devices in the kitchen, and I was already a pretty decent cook; lots more practice made me a great one! :thumb:

I just hated being dependent on coils that someone else made, and did a pretty crappy job of it whle they were about it; then being dependent on the stupid USPS who are accountable to NO ONE. It was worse than being dependent on skinny white cylinders full of death from Walgreens! Once I learned to make my own, then experienced the vape from a kayfun... no looking back! Now I've got these Achilles which are even better than Kayfuns -- tighter draw, not having to take the thing off the mod and fiddle with a screw just to refill... bliss!!! It's not that I love making coils so much, because I really don't; I do it as little as I can get away with -- but I love the vape, and I love the independence, and the money-savings, and the freedom from bondage to the USPS for a very essential part of my vape.

Hey BTW, you know that tinytank thing I won in the 15mil contest? The driptip that came with it would absolutely crack you up. It's less than an inch tall, even counting the part that seats into the tank... and just open, nearly a half inch wide. It's cute and all, but... vape with it??? I don't think so! I like the skin of my lips too much!!! :lol:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I guess I just live right or I'm lucky. I've never had a bad coil with my naughty tanks and they have all made me an extremely happy vapor. But then again I don't vape all those flavors out there either. If I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I eat one I don't vape one.
roflmao2_zps86629751.gif
I do understand why everybody else does though and I'm happy they enjoy them. I use mainly tobacco flavors and as close to 100% pg as I can get. I'm allergic to vg and can't use over 20%.
And I do love my Naughties.
happy0030.gif

I recently went from 84/16 to 85/15; seems to be helping, both my husband's cough from breathing my vapor, and the hoarseness i was getting from constantly having mucus around my vocal cords. If necessary, later, I might even go as far as 86/14, but with the burning I experienced at 90% PG, I think I need to stay as much below that as I can.

I also dropped to 9mg, and lowered my Flash content; I don't seem to need anything like as much TH as I did at first, it just seems to make me cough now.

Andria

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I recently went from 84/16 to 85/15; seems to be helping, both my husband's cough from breathing my vapor, and the hoarseness i was getting from constantly having mucus around my vocal cords. If necessary, later, I might even go as far as 86/14, but with the burning I experienced at 90% PG, I think I need to stay as much below that as I can.

I also dropped to 9mg, and lowered my Flash content; I don't seem to need anything like as much TH as I did at first, it just seems to make me cough now.

Andria
I have some that's 100% PG but it's hard to get and I don't mix my own. PG has never bothered me but VG really does it. Funny part is all my friends and relaions that vape use the same I do. Mostly because they got so much juice from me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have some that's 100% PG but it's hard to get and I don't mix my own. PG has never bothered me but VG really does it. Funny part is all my friends and relaions that vape use the same I do. Mostly because they got so much juice from me.

It surprised me when I had that burning from the 90% Pg; I've been using an albuterol inhaler at least 8 times a day for more than 30 yrs, I figured I was pretty much immune to the stuff. Apparently not. :D Actually it was never *entirely* clear to me if I was suffering mild chemical burns, or a head cold; but I had no fever whatever, and the distress never went below my throat, which is unusual to say the least, even for an ex-smoker, which is why I suspected the PG rather than a virus. The high Pg didn't bother my lungs at all, in fact it helped them recover from vaping too much VG for a while, but my upper resp. mucous membranes have a sharply defined tolerance for it.

Andria

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Well, y'know all those asinine smoking bans? They kinda soured me on eating out, or going to the movies, or... really pretty much anything out in public. Staying out of restaurants forced me to my own devices in the kitchen, and I was already a pretty decent cook; lots more practice made me a great one! :thumb:

I just hated being dependent on coils that someone else made, and did a pretty crappy job of it whle they were about it; then being dependent on the stupid USPS who are accountable to NO ONE. It was worse than being dependent on skinny white cylinders full of death from Walgreens! Once I learned to make my own, then experienced the vape from a kayfun... no looking back! Now I've got these Achilles which are even better than Kayfuns -- tighter draw, not having to take the thing off the mod and fiddle with a screw just to refill... bliss!!! It's not that I love making coils so much, because I really don't; I do it as little as I can get away with -- but I love the vape, and I love the independence, and the money-savings, and the freedom from bondage to the USPS for a very essential part of my vape.

Hey BTW, you know that tinytank thing I won in the 15mil contest? The driptip that came with it would absolutely crack you up. It's less than an inch tall, even counting the part that seats into the tank... and just open, nearly a half inch wide. It's cute and all, but... vape with it??? I don't think so! I like the skin of my lips too much!!! :lol:

Andria
Yeah, I HATE getting lipstick and slobber all over my top caps. :laugh:

That fill screw on the KFL+ got old really fast. What I do now is tighten the chimney to the chamber really well, then stick the chimney/chamber assembly into the top cap/tank assembly (make sure top o-ring is snug). Fill the upside-down tank (with the guts in it), then screw on the base, catching both the tank and chamber threads. So the upside-down tank assembly is like a jar, the base is like the lid. Nice big opening, no vacuum issues. Little tricky at first, but so nice to have access to the coil/wick without having to empty the tank, and to not need a needletip and a screwdriver to fill. Those were the two things I hated about the KFL. I do the same thing with my Orchids.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yeah, I HATE getting lipstick and slobber all over my top caps. :laugh:

That fill screw on the KFL+ got old really fast. What I do now is tighten the chimney to the chamber really well, then stick the chimney/chamber assembly into the top cap/tank assembly (make sure top o-ring is snug). Fill the upside-down tank (with the guts in it), then screw on the base, catching both the tank and chamber threads. So the upside-down tank assembly is like a jar, the base is like the lid. Nice big opening, no vacuum issues. Little tricky at first, but so nice to have access to the coil/wick without having to empty the tank, and to not need a needletip and a screwdriver to fill. Those were the two things I hated about the KFL. I do the same thing with my Orchids.

I've been in love with my KFL+'s since I got them... but I think they have finally met their match, for just regular here-at-home (where I spend 95% of my time) vaping. When we go out for some hours or all day, I'm sure I'll still be using my Kayfuns, that 4.5ml is hard to beat -- take 2 filled ones with you, and never have to deal with that asinine little screw, just change the tank. But when I'm just here at home, with the Achilles I can just screw the top off, use a dropper, fill it (to some point where the base of the posts are submerged, though without a clear tank it's hard to be more specific than that, with the coil in the way of the top of the airhole, I can't see it in relation to the level of the liquid -- my only complaint with the Achilles), then screw the top back on. No need to worry about maintaining pressure or seals or any of that. I don't seem to be able to MAKE the Achilles leak. It totally rocks.

Andria

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've been in love with my KFL+'s since I got them... but I think they have finally met their match, for just regular here-at-home (where I spend 95% of my time) vaping. When we go out for some hours or all day, I'm sure I'll still be using my Kayfuns, that 4.5ml is hard to beat -- take 2 filled ones with you, and never have to deal with that asinine little screw, just change the tank. But when I'm just here at home, with the Achilles I can just screw the top off, use a dropper, fill it (to some point where the base of the posts are submerged, though without a clear tank it's hard to be more specific than that, with the coil in the way of the top of the airhole, I can't see it in relation to the level of the liquid -- my only complaint with the Achilles), then screw the top back on. No need to worry about maintaining pressure or seals or any of that. I don't seem to be able to MAKE the Achilles leak. It totally rocks.

Andria
Yeah, but that fill screw annoyed the heck out of me even when I was at home! :grr: :laugh:
I do try to leave with two setups though...and a bottle of juice...and a small bag of rayon...and my ninja scissors...:blush:
My Squape R and new Aqua V2 :wub: fill that way: unscrew the base, fill the tank, screw the base back on, easy peasy - so I tend to have at least one of those with me at all times.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Is that good or bad? Are you smoking again, Kat?

LMDO! Smoking, gawd no!

Somehow, we decided to get the new Zen tank, the Kabuki, replete with cute little blue O-rings. It's a high end Tootler tank that Zen manufactured. (takes Naughty coils) Quite decadent, in my less than humble opinion.

Here tiz a pic:

Kabuki2__60571.1434748851.1280.1280.jpg

Not to worry, Senor Cromwell. All is good in Tootle Town. :)

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
LMDO! Smoking, gawd no!

Somehow, we decided to get the new Zen tank, the Kabuki, replete with cute little blue O-rings. It's a high end Tootler tank that Zen manufactured. (takes Naughty coils) Quite decadent, in my less than humble opinion.

Here tiz a pic:

Kabuki2__60571.1434748851.1280.1280.jpg

Not to worry, Senor Cromwell. All is good in Tootle Town. :)

Wow. That's nice. You're worried about getting new Nautilus bases when you have this gem that uses the same coils? You probably coulda bought 5 or 6 new Nauties!... I know. I know... :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
LOL!! I may just surprise you yet....... ;)

(we'll see if I've got any blingaroonies to go with it... there's a slight chance)

cindycated, it does look pretty s'weet. We'll keep you guys posted with our <snort> "professional" reviews. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread