Oh boy...Can O' Worms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm lazy so I bought some Ready X Wick, like cotton, I couldn't get it to work in the RBA. Gave up on it and used the OCC coils for a while until one day I though I would see if it would work in the OCC coil. It took me a few tries to get the wick out of one without wrecking the coil in the process. Once I finally had on where the coils looked good I pulsed it and put a drop of water on the coil and the coil looked brand new. I managed to thread some 3mm RxW through and that coil lasted a week which was twice as long. Unfortunately, that was the end of the experiment because my REO's arrived, I should have been able to dry burn and wash that coil in the sink and continued on with it. I have done that with the REO's. I expect that once my coil building skills improve I won't have to mess with new coils and wicks for months at a time.

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Further update...

I am not finding the sub-Ohm love. Which is fine. I have been playing around with lots of coils, different diameter, different gauges, different wicking, and like @Megan Kogijiki Ratchford, I have found love for building 1.5 to 1.8 Ohm coils. I never found happiness with the stock coils, and have just been using the RBA deck. I quickly toasted the new .5 Ohm vertical coil, so I don't know if the new vertical coils are that much better than the old horizontal. Doesn't matter, I like building!

While I've been really happy with the flavor I've been getting with most juices on the Subtank Mini, I wanted to try some strictly RBA tanks. I guess they are called RTA's? So I did some reading around here and got in a Cthulhu, and a Lemo2. Of course, they wouldn't work on the Subox mini, because it doesn't have a floating connection pin. Sigh. It was difficult finishing the work day. 5:00, off to the B&M vape store!

This hobby...LOL! I picked up a Sigelie box mod, 2 more batteries, and a charger.

I did get the Cthulu to work, for a short time at work, by adjusting the bottom screw. But that just pushed in the contact on the Subox. Take it off, put it back on...no contact. Sigh. It leaked anyway. So I came home and watched some vids on the best way to wick this thing, and did so, and so far, no leaking! While I am after flavor, I am a closet cloud chaser. Dang, this thing can chuck clouds! Dual coils @ .4 Ohms. Wowzers! For all that fog, the flavor was not impressive. Which is funny, because the video reviewers thought it was great! I'll experiment more with it and see what I find. I am having some issues with fluctuating Ohm readings with this though. I'll have to take it apart and see if my coils are loose, I guess? The build deck isn't bad, but I don't like screws and .9mm hex key. I feel like I'm going to break the key, or strip the heads. The key also gets stuck in the screw head, which is why I think my coils are loose.

Next up was the Lemo 2. Single coil deck. Kind of an odd deck, where you have to make long 'L' shaped legs to go in the holes on the side of the contact posts. So far I'm impressed with the flavor from this one. I put in Peanut Butter Cookie, which was good in the Subtank Mini, but (IMO) not amazing as I find other NT juice. Bam! There it is! Fresh roasted peanuts! Very nice! Same coil I use in the Subtank RDA...26g 3mm I.D. 1.7 Ohm. I'm getting great flavor at 25watts, 6.6volts, 1.7 Ohms. Can't wait to see how this performs with other flavors. If it makes my favorites even better, I'll be in super heaven! After a couple hours of use, no leaks so far. The top refill ring is super tight and hard to turn, but other than that, I'm liking this tank.

I'm enjoying this hobby immensely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread