VR Wood Mods bottom feeders kiwi style

Status
Not open for further replies.

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
LOL you are right whip [emoji6] Between TMods, an Avion and an assortment of REOs the count is getting up there. This Kiwi is such a pretty and functional mod. I keep coming back to this thread. From what I see, they are works of art.

Mine went on an outing to the theatre on Sunday. At interval, I went out with the smokers.

Stranger: "Is that an electronic cigarette?"
Me, handing it to him to look at: "Yes, though it's different from most."
Stranger, stroking it: "I can see that. It's beautiful - a work of art."

:D

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Hope I'm not jumping the gun too much but exited none the less...I have a chance of getting some whale bone, If the local tribes people allow me to possess some, and my contact is well connected and sincere. this is a prized material for the NZ maori people, and would make outstanding pieces. Some of the local beaches have mass strandings so there is a bit of this floating around. And big enough for whole mods...
Whale-bone-patu_-JPG.jpg

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Wow, that would be something different! I don't think I've seen a wood looking mod that was actually whale bone.

Is that treated in some way? I've seen a few pieces of whale bone near Nantucket, but never any that look like wood..maybe I've seen it, and not thought anything of it though.

That color looks like it would match the bone end caps very well.:)

Reactions: BlueSnake

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Wow, that would be something different! I don't think I've seen a wood looking mod that was actually whale bone.

Is that treated in some way? I've seen a few pieces of whale bone near Nantucket, but never any that look like wood..maybe I've seen it, and not thought anything of it though.

That color looks like it would match the bone end caps very well.:)
The whalebone I have seen here always has a 'fleck' to it and a warmer colour than other types of bone. Also a distinct grain structure that is very attractive. Animal bone is clean white in comparison.

Another idea to play with....sand blasted oak in natural colour with bone fill and bone caps would be subtle yet stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread