tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Aren't we all...
Not me :)

Yeah the original is pricey but heck I'm using it since October 2014 24/7 and still on the original plastic tank using almost nothing else than straight menthol Bomb.

I tried a ft plastic tank back in March I think (I was worried my original tank would crack some day) and the ft tank lasted like two days before cracking everywhere.

Sometimes it pays off not going cheap.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
Hi 3mhmama! I'm going to start with the stupid things first. No offense intended...

Make sure the the top and bottom o-rings are in place and the tank firmly installed. Make sure the o-rings around the top filler holes are in place, the top filler-ring closed and snugly tightened. I have forgotten to close the filler ring after filling and have lost have a tank of e-liquid. I would seriously make sure the tank was sealed up tight. You should not have lost that much e-liquid unless the tank lost vaccuum.

Was your rig sitting in the sun while on your desk? The Erlk, like most RTAs, can be fussy about getting too hot (or too cold in the winter).

Ultimately, the wicking is going to be your lifesaver against leaks. Have you checked the build links toward the beginning of the thread?

ETA: Here's cloudhunter's original diagram which is what put me on the right track...

Good luck!

Thanks aldenf! I took it apart and put it all back together again, and so far, so good. Maybe the bottom part of the tank wasn't secure enough?

I'm curious: Besides not having the tank firmly in, are there other things that could cause the vacuum seal to be lost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Wicking. It always leaks when I put a new wick in and top it off. Seems the wick needs to be saturated.

Whenever I put a new wick in I fill the erl about halfway to the 'teardrops' on the chimney. After a few vapes I can fill it to the top.

Another reason could be the two tiny o-rings for top filling. If not seated properly, or if one or both is missing, you'll lose vacuum.

Reactions: 3mhmama

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Thanks aldenf! I took it apart and put it all back together again, and so far, so good. Maybe the bottom part of the tank wasn't secure enough?

I'm curious: Besides not having the tank firmly in, are there other things that could cause the vacuum seal to be lost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richu75 covered things pretty well. The only other time you'll lose vacuum and leak is when one of the e-liquid holes (on the chimney) is open to the air in the tank and the other one is still submerged. This happens with all similar RTAs (KF, 91%, Lemo, etc). It happens most often when the tanks is below half full and the rig sits at an angle (in a cup holder, against your leg, etc.). Inspect that plastic tank often as well. A hairline fracture might be enough to allow the tank to lose vacuum.

As Richu75 suggested, I have found it best to pre-saturate a new wick before reassembling the Erlk. It significantly reduces your chances of any leaking on first fill.

Good luck!

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Any Feedback on a WoToFo Erl Clone? Getting close to targeting and acquiring one. Love to get an Authetic but at $90 more than the Clone, tad too rich for the blood at this time. Maybe later.
Also, any issues with Juices eroding the "plastic" Tank?

I purchased the infamous "silver-boxed" version, though I don't think we know who the manufacturer is. I have had all kinds of DIY e-liquid through it; including cinnamon, mint/menthol and citrus with no adverse effects. Of course, different manufacturers may vary. Unfortunately, I can not offer any insight to WoToFo's clone.

Good luck!

Reactions: Hitcat44
Love - Hate, Love - Hate, Love - Hate

I've had my EK for about a month now and have gone through the whole Love - Hate cycle a time or two. I had some issues early on that caused me to try some larger o-rings. They stopped the leak, but I'm sure they contributed to me breaking the tank. Nertz!

I had an extra tank so I decided to try and reinforce it to keep this from happening again (I was a machinist and have a small bench lathe). I turned two aluminum rings and used JB Weld to bond them to the glass. The modification has been working for a week - wish me well.

While I was at it, I made up a replacement drip tip using the glass tube I got at FT.

Right now we're in the Love part of the cycle. I hope we can stay there:=)

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
Any Feedback on a WoToFo Erl Clone? Getting close to targeting and acquiring one. Love to get an Authetic but at $90 more than the Clone, tad too rich for the blood at this time. Maybe later.
Also, any issues with Juices eroding the "plastic" Tank?
I got the wotofo clone (box said amod in it) and it's working out fine. I've never laid eyes or hands on an authentic so I can't compare.

No problems with the plastic tank so far, but I have only run two juices through it (that i don't believe are of the "tank-cracking" variety.) Flavor had been great, and outside of one leaking fiasco, it's been fine. The plastic tank does feel flimsy though, and when I've taken it all apart, I have worried about it cracking as I'm trying to get the top cap off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hitcat44

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks much for the Review & Input 3mhmama.
You're welcome!

I failed to mention that I'm LOVING the flavor out of the erlk. I'm thinking about selling my subtank mini and maybe even my reo -- which I haven't touched at all lately-- and getting another one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Erlk is definitely a fantastic flavor RTA. I certainly use both of mine a lot more than my REO. I just bought a Nuppin for my REO, but if that doesn't do it for me, I plan to sell mine as well.

I laugh at all the posts I read that say RTAs don't have as good of flavor as drippers. Really? I have at least 20 I like more than any dripper I've tried.

Still on a Quest for a Nano

I'm still kicking myself for coming late to the party and missing out on the nano kits that used to be available at FT. I thought I had found a source a few months ago, but that turned into a dead end as well.

I see the "mini" being listed on Alibaba:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0126663591.html?spm=a2700.7724838.35.1.fI81Hf

I want one or two of these in the worst way but I definitely don't need ten. If there was enough interest from the group I might be willing to coordinate a "group buy". Without knowing any details about shipping from China, I would estimate that the final cost with re-mailing to anyone who is interested (US only) to be somewhere around $25 each. I'm not interested in making a dime. I just want to get my hands on some of these. Thoughts?

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
You could try and put up wanted ad pretty sure the Erlk is oldskool now for the airy sub ohm lung hitters! Someone was telling me the Ubertoot is to tight so with all the sub tanks there maybe a few stuck in vape boxes.

I only grabbed a Nano and Nano kit when they were available last year so would have no idea now there so 2014 where to source one. Still the most used vaped RTA I have owned good flavour and a decent throat hit here.

Hope you find one somewhere!

74d66caf6f0b392a2bb23ee1bf0eab26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015

I'm still kicking myself for coming late to the party and missing out on the nano kits that used to be available at FT. I thought I had found a source a few months ago, but that turned into a dead end as well.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0126663591.html?spm=a2700.7724838.35.1.fI81Hf

I want one or two of these in the worst way but I definitely don't need ten. If there was enough interest from the group I might be willing to coordinate a "group buy". Without knowing any details about shipping from China, I would estimate that the final cost with re-mailing to anyone who is interested (US only) to be somewhere around $25 each. I'm not interested in making a dime. I just want to get my hands on some of these. Thoughts?

I already tried that road. No luck.
I'd be in for a few if you find some.

Good luck.

49ebf77a9a121aedb0d38f57a86afc61.jpg

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ

I got one of the FT nanos to test and loved it. I turn around to order a bunch more and they are disco. If 10 is the min order, I'm certain the folks in this thread could cover at least that many, if they are still available. Of course, we'd have to do a legit group buy thread...

I suspect there's a Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse somewhere with a million of these little gems in it somewhere. We just gotta find it. Where's Nic Cage or Harrison Ford when we need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread