ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Bobbi :wub:

Looky what I found on FB this morning :laugh:

Few Good Men!

The Pentagon announced this week the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

The back-wooders will be dropped off in Iraq and will be given only the following facts about ISIS:

1. The season opened today.
    2. There is no limit.
    3. They taste just like chicken.
    4. They don’t like beer, bacon, BBQ, pickups, nude women, country music…or Jesus.
    AND………
    5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.​

The Pentagon expects the problem in IRAQ to be over by next Friday.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Morning Lurkers!
    Not sure where yesterday went! Work was busy, and I've started back to reading a much loved blog that I'd found years and years ago. I tell you, it's a pager turner!
    If anyone is interested, just google My Messy Thrilling Life blog. She's a young Christian gal from Texas, just trying to make it through life, love, work,all while restoring a house that's over a hundred years old.
    I've started over at the beginning of the blog,which means going to the oldest year of the archives,and going to the oldest posts,and reading from the bottom of the page up to the top of the page.
    Then, when you get to the top of the page, scroll all the way back down to the bottom again, and select "newer entries", then scroll all the way back down to the bottom of the page again, and read up the page again. Repeated that each time you reach the top of the page again. That way, you're reading oldest to newest.;)

Well, I guess I really need to get moving. We're heading out on Thursday for the weekend, and I'm going to get things packed,and ready to go. Don't want to be up till midnight tomorrow night packing.

Bobbi, thanks for sharing that recipe. I've bookmarked it. Let us know if you think it works!

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Lori I will let you know. The beer is supposed to be flat so we opened it last night and left it set on the table. We will mix it up this morning and give it a try. I sure hope it works as good as she says. The mosquito population is getting bad here. :(

The other night between Bella's leg cramps and bites itching none of us got much real sleep. I finally bought an itch relief stick and a tube of benedryl and just put them on the coffee table and let the girls use them as they felt the need. o_O Kind of goes against my belief of not leaving meds where they can get them but...;)

We are planning to go the the zoo with the girls on Thursday. Bella thought we were going to the zoo when we went to the carousel and was just a touch let down. I told dh we should go when we have them while Dave has his surgery. He said yes, but lets go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo instead. They've been to the little one in Pueblo and the other has animals our little zoo doesn't. :):?::facepalm: My emotions... much more expensive, longer drive, better zoo, girls get grumpy when they are tired, grandma and poppa get grumpy when they are tired...:lol::lol::lol:

Another upside is we will be in the right town to be available if needed when Dave has his next surgery. Prayers would be appreciated as Dave is having another surgery on his kidneys Wednesday afternoon. :nun:

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I agree with Dale, sending prayers up for ALL of you. ;) :nun:

I've been using this for my eczema. It's also for bites, which I have also used it for mosquito bites. It's worked GREAT!! Mosquitoes absolutely LOVE me, and it stopped the itching, and the welp went right down, within a few minutes.

Here's where it can be found on Amazon...
    Amazon.com : The Fay Farm's Organic Healing Hemp Salve - 3.0 oz : Pain Relief Rubs : Beauty

Or, their website...has a smaller size. It's an ointment, so it will last a good while.
    Products | The Fay Farm, LLC

I've been using the healing hemp salve. It's very soothing. It's not "curing" my eczema, as mine isn't caused from an external source that I've been able to identify, I think it's an internal, allergy, or hormonal thing...but it most definitely helps.

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Thank you Dale! :) I have to admit I get tired and hot far too easy these days and that makes me grouchy! The good news is it is only supposed to be 80... and it is in the mountains...:?: Yep! I will definitely need those prayers! ;) One change we will make is to take the trolley up for the part we can and we can sit to watch the girls flit around like butterflies! :)

Now if I could just find the charger for my camera batteries! I have 6 batteries (Europe, didn't want to miss the pics!) but I managed to have all deads with me when we went to Pueblo with sis's and the girls last week. :facepalm:

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Lori DIL has very bad eczema on her back and legs. They give her lots of creams but none make it go all the way away. It does go away with sunlight or tanning beds...

I don't have enough time to get the ointment in but if this "repellent" doesn't work I may send for some! I will take the spray I bought for us the other day along Thursday that's for sure! I said Wednesday and meant Thursday in the other post. :facepalm: I can't keep my days straight this week!

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    so aside from the .... going on atm.....trying to keep level head, i know in the end it'll be ok, just biding time cuz I know in the end how this will pan out....

but anyways
    guess who i got to meet briefly ;)

1401910_10153451500645970_8621331964806169325_o.jpg

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    thank you bobby :) it's been a tough time and if it weren't for a dear friend to chat with daily i would have lost my mind completely at first.....

the cops aren't doing anything and my family (why i expected anything from them is beyond me) won't help....
    so now just biding time for attorneys or like my coworker said, they are only doing this to hurt me...they don't want her so they will bring her home or school will be starting....

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Thank you Bobbi, bad cast of CRS here :?:

Lately I seem to forget more than I remember. I guess I'm going to have to make sure my phone is well charged before we go to the zoo... I can't find my charger anywhere! A lot of good it does to have 6 batteries and not be able to find a charger. :facepalm:

Reactions: daleron
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread