What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
That's like trying to get my uncle to put in a life alert so he doesn't end up on the floor for hours at a time. I finally got a phone run from the one in his kitchen to the chair he always sits in. I also got a small table in the kitchen to sit the kitchen phone on so at least if he falls he can dial 911 or me if he can get to my number.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
If he's walking, there's a chance for falling. I went down twice in the last month. Caught a dip in someone's yard and a few days later caught a dog bone in my own home. Both hurt a lot but the bigger question is whether you can get back up. Neither of those were near as bad as the one I almost took in my drive. I was unloading some logs and somehow lost my balance on was going over the one I had on the ramp. I'm still not sure how I didn't do a face plant in my drive. I was pretty athletic, even into my mid to late 50s which is probably a blessing and a curse.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was helping a customer load a gas cylinder at work a couple months ago and slid on the load leveler and almost went off. I would have if I didn't drop onto my ..... The cylinder weighed a couple hundred pounds. I was sore for two or three weeks after that.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Nasty fall Hitt. The problem as you get older is the consequences of the fall and the ability to get up or get help. That's why my intermediate step was getting the phones at a level that my uncle could reach. He has 3 now in his modular home that are all reachable but he needs my number or to call 911. I'm going to put both right on the phone until he lets me get him a life alert system. He already spent the night on the floor once.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Both my sister and I wanted her to go easily. I was with her Thur and Fri and my sister and her kids got there also so everyone got to say their goodbyes. It happened a bit faster than expected but much better for mom. I only got a couple hours sleep right before daybreak and my sister and I went over at 10 and cleaned out her room so I'm pretty drained.

Reactions: firechick

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Thanks all for you kind words. I finally got some decent sleep and feel somewhat refreshed. It was strange taking the last few boxes out of the room. I looked back to see two empty beds where two women spent over two years together now empty in less than half a week.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That would be an odd site.

We are at college orientation today and tomorrow with my oldest. We have enough saved for the first year but are going to have to do loans after that. I'm hoping like heck that my wife goes back to work part time to help pay for it.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, have you looked into grants and such? I don't know anything about them, but everyone seems to talk about them in terms of paying for the outrageous costs involved in a college education these days. I don't know how some majors even attract students considering the job opportunities available after graduating.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Have a great 4th everyone and be safe.

My niece and her husband posted this picture on FB under the title of Trompe-l'œil Part Two. No clue what he's talking about. He's a creative director for some company in NYC so who knows and I'm not asking. Any ideas? I had to look up the french word (I think) and it means "visual illusion in art, especially as used to trick the eye into perceiving a painted detail as a three-dimensional object.
    • a painting or design intended to create the illusion of a three-dimensional object." However, I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread