Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All,

This may be a stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyhow. Now that I find myself a complete REO convert, I find myself with 5 of them in a few weeks time. In reality, that is probably 3 too many for me...not because I don't love them, but because I really only use 2 at any given time. I vape two contrasting liquids and that suits me well, so 2 is the number that gets used on a daily basis.

So, I find myself cleaning, recoiling and re-wicking the same 2 REOs over and over and well, I have a feeling the other 3 may feel a little neglected.

For those of you that have multiple REOs, do you have a rotation plan? Do you fill them all with liquid and not worry that they may sit for awhile, unused? I hope you see where I am going with this?

Thanks for any input...Remember, I did acknowledge this as kind of a dumb question!

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
Well since I only have two my input is it's either swap them out every other week or so (When only one atty is working :rolleyes:), or more then likely the Mini is my workhorse during the day and the Grand is for after work, weekends and such. Now when I get my 3rd, that one is going to be my nice REO, special events, or doing anything where there's no risk of it getting scuffed up.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
REOs feeling neglected is a terrible thing! I only have one at the moment so I don't have that problem. But I do have more than 5 favorite juices so I would probably have each one designated for a different juice!
But please remember that if it does become a serious problem, I would be happy to become a foster mom and show them some love!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I will chime in since I have a few too many to use at one time!

Yes, I rotate. I will grab all 9 I have running and swap the atty, bottle and battery to a REO that has been waiting. All the ones that have been running are cleaned and put in my media cabinet. I don't do this every week or even every month. Just when the urge to see different wood hits me!

That is for the wood REO's. The metal REO's I run just keep on going! I have only 2 Grands that are my workhorses. And a 18490 for now. All other metals are collectibles and not in use for work.

I am honored to be able to have my collection. I have all the REO's I need for vaping and extra for preserving the history of the REO.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have 9 Reos, currently: 5 Woodvils and 4 metal Grands. I usually only have 1 or 2 going at any given time. The Woodvils rarely leave my 'cave', and I will change them as the mood hits me. Each Reo, whether metal or wood, has a dedicated atty. the metals are used for 'out and about', running errands, playing golf, driving, etc.
One odd thing I do is: I keep a list of what flavor I'm using in each Reo. When I change Reos, it's usually because I'll get an urge to vape a particular flavor. Not because I want to use a particular Reo.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
I have 9 Reos, currently: 5 Woodvils and 4 metal Grands. I usually only have 1 or 2 going at any given time. The Woodvils rarely leave my 'cave', and I will change them as the mood hits me. Each Reo, whether metal or wood, has a dedicated atty. the metals are used for 'out and about', running errands, playing golf, driving, etc.
One odd thing I do is: I keep a list of what flavor I'm using in each Reo. When I change Reos, it's usually because I'll get an urge to vape a particular flavor. Not because I want to use a particular Reo.
Wow that is awesome.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I currently have 3 REOs and 1 'other' squonker. My Woodvil is a stay-at-home mod, and dedicated to one flavor(ACB). 1 metal REO is my main out-and-about mod, and dedicated to The Virus. The other metal REO and the 'other' squonker are my experimental mods, for now, different jooses, different atties, different builds.

Like Rule hinted at, it's nice to be able to just grab a mod that's ready to go with a different flavor when you're in need of a change!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
So, you guys/gals are leaving your temporarily "unused" REOs full with liquids? Am I reading that correctly? Thanks!

I usually don't leave them full, although I have. But I know, from my list, what flavor is being used in them.
The most important thing, for me, is that they always have a good wick and reasonably clean coil, so all I have to do, if I want to vape a particular one, is fill, if necessary, and put in a fresh battery.

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I should mention that I DIY all my own juice. At any given time, I probably have 20-25 various flavor juices in my cabinet. Some, I may vape for 3 or 4 days, before I get bored with it, and want to vape something else. Others, I may just vape occasionally, or in certain situations. For example, when I'm playing golf, I like one of my various tobacco Vapes; usually an RY4 type. But I rarely vape tobaccos at home. In the evening, when I'm vegging out, in front of the tv, I may vape a desert or cappuccino type. During the day, I'm likely vaping a fruit or yogurt type.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I usually don't leave them full, although I have. But I know, from my list, what flavor is being used in them.
The most important thing, for me, is that they always have a good wick and reasonably clean coil, so all I have to do, if I want to vape a particular one, is fill, if necessary, and put in a fresh battery.

Thank you...that makes sense!

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Rule, one of these days I will convince my family to come to your vape meet and we can swap some tobacco DIY juices.

I don't set up the Space Coast Vapers meets anymore. But some of the local B&Ms have been having some small meets. There have been a couple in Cocoa recently.
I think there is a meet at a BBQ place in Viera on 7/11. I'll have to look up the details.

Reactions: Debadoo

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
So Nerak, how many REOs are ya up to now? I have a sneaky suspicion you have even to create the National Museum of REOhistory!

53 right now. And yes, from the Original Wood REO to the newly released Woodvil and Brass Mini! Some one of a kinds and all very special!

Last edited:

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
FIFTY THREE!!! :shock: WOW! You Ma'am need to be crowned Mamma REO!

I think you were up in the 30s somewhere last year before I went into hermit mode. 53.....That a different REO for every week of the year and not getting the same one twice......awesome...just....awesome!

I know there isn't a fighting chance in hell that I'll get up anywhere close to your level.....Mrs Underdawg would kick me to the side of the road and into the dirt if I mentioned to her my desire to have a different REO for every week!
I an however warming her up for number 3........baby steps!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
FIFTY THREE!!! :shock: WOW! You Ma'am need to be crowned Mamma REO!

I think you were up in the 30s somewhere last year before I went into hermit mode. 53.....That a different REO for every week of the year and not getting the same one twice......awesome...just....awesome!

I know there isn't a fighting chance in hell that I'll get up anywhere close to your level.....Mrs Underdawg would kick me to the side of the road and into the dirt if I mentioned to her my desire to have a different REO for every week!
I an however warming her up for number 3........baby steps!

I bought or received 6 last year. Sold some too. So far this year bought/received 4. Sold one.
I posted a pic of the wood REO's here: REO Family Photos & Storage Ideas Part II | Page 304 | E-Cigarette Forum

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I sold the only mod I've ever sold recently, an 18490 Woodvil. But all 21 still in hand are always "on line" so I can grab whatever suits my fancy at the time (joose, atty/build, Reo model). All of my ADV's are in at least 2 Reos with different builds, some in 3, the other Reos running new joose I'm trying out or using up. When I move away from my computer desk (where they all stand at the ready now days instead staged around the house), how many I take with me depends on where and how long I expect to be staying there. Usually 3 so I can rotate between that many different liquids... but one always stays stuffed in a shirt pocket. With all the new ones and a bunch of my favored atty's I bought the last 2-3 months some of my earlier ones don't get used as much, some rarely if ever (Woodvil 14500's and why I sold the Woodvil 18490).

No I don't actually need this many Reos, I didn't plan to buy this many... it's Rob and Papa's fault.o_O But, there will be more and more atty's for them anyway and those that fall out of use might be finding new homes eventually.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
53 right now. And yes, from the Original Wood REO to the newly released Woodvil and Brass Mini! Some one of a kinds and all very special!
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Ok so, my vape gear takes up one full size kitchen cabinet, or I should say, one door of a kitchen cabinet. I've seen folks with vape boxes, vape stands, vape desks....

What do you have nerak, a vape room? A vape floor?! A vape shed, you have a vape shed, don't you!!?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread