Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I still prefer using the Gizmo. I installed a threaded insert for a 5/16-18 bolt in the top of my work bench, and it's just a quick bolt down to use it.

Attachments

• P1020205.JPG
    P1020205.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 50

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I've been using the Gizmo and it wraps better than I can do by hand but I'd like to try a Coil Master. If I could also find some kind of gadget to mount coils without messing them up, I'd be in good shape.

One of the things I like better about the coil master, is that the spindle you use to wrap the coil also doubles as a gadget to keep in the coil while you're mounting it, thus avoiding misshaping the coil.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well dang, now I'm sold.
LOL

I actually have one sitting in a cart, waiting to see if there's any good July 4th sales (I need a couple more batteries, plan to get an XTar charger, and now a coilmaster, too).

I have a coil master and it makes purdy coils. :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The longer posts make a difference, or is it a case of "this one goes to 11"?

I picked up two V2's for a steal just so I'd have two mandrels to mount duals with. Also, I bungled a few coils using smaller gauges - it seems to work best with 26 and 24 g. Could, of course, just be my ham fists being... well... hammy.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I haven't used my Gizmo in a few months now since getting the Coil Master V2. I also picked up a generic version of it because I've been experimenting with 3.5mm coils and 4mm RxW and the CMv2 only goes up to 3mm rod. They are much easier to use and produce the same coils for me as I only use thicker wire. They don't do 29g or higher wire very well though IMO. The wire is just too flimsy, but for 26g and 24g wire they rock. I usually just use drill bits or drill blanks for mounting my coils.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Well dang, now I'm sold.
LOL

I actually have one sitting in a cart, waiting to see if there's any good July 4th sales (I need a couple more batteries, plan to get an XTar charger, and now a coilmaster, too).
IMRBATTERIES sells the coil master v1 i believe for 10 bucks. their battery prices are really good as well.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
The longer posts make a difference, or is it a case of "this one goes to 11"?

I picked up two V2's for a steal just so I'd have two mandrels to mount duals with. Also, I bungled a few coils using smaller gauges - it seems to work best with 26 and 24 g. Could, of course, just be my ham fists being... well... hammy.

What B&M did you pick them up ? Maybe I can get a couple too.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
What B&M did you pick them up ? Maybe I can get a couple too.
Eastside Vapes - 1200 block Kingsway in the city. I took the last two at the time, though (few weeks ago) and a search of their site shows no reference to them. Might have been a one-time experiment?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I gave Jan my gizmo and depended on her kindness to make all coils and wick them because of my arthritis but since the coil master I make all kinds od different type and size coils. On days my fingers are acting up I make the diameters larger as to more easily wick them.

coils.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread