Atomizers and NET liquids, what do you use to vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello, Been vaping for quite a while and ended up a big lover of NET tobaccos. Its the reason I soon gave up what I thought was a great setup. Boge cartos/ carto tank and Saber Touch. I got tired of going through up to 5 cartos per day. It also got costly and it was a pain to clean and reuse them and with NET I never quite got the taste of caramelized eliquid out.

Those of you that have a love for the wonderful but disgusting NETs probably have had to go thru many a set up to enjoy them. I know I have.

SO far I have yet to find a tank type that lends itself for an enjoyable 2 mls of juice. Seems after one ml the taste goes right down the drain. You finally give in and take a look at your coil and its black, caramelized. Wick is black and looks like an over fried piece of bacon, and tastes pretty close to bacon too.

I have ended up with a couple of drippers that I use for my NETs. I like taste and clouds are not important. I like ease of set up, so Im a single coil fan.

So far what Ive ended up for my NET habit are the following ( starting with the oldest to the newest acquired atties):

Chris Creations Fatty V2.
GUS Mods Aiolos dripper
GP Spheriods
Taifun GT dripper conversion kit.

And thats all folks. Ive tried many in between and either they are a pain to set up, leak, too much air, not enough air. Ive tried many of the newer drippers and most just dont work out. Most are designed for high performance, big clouds, dual set ups, too hot, too much TH.

I did try a few of the flavor atties: Prometey, too much air, too hot.

Just curious as to what others are using to enjoy their NET and maybe a place us to pick each others brains. Atomizers are a very important part of our gear. I would especially like to know if a tank that can go thru a couple mls of NET that is easy to switch out the wick on the fly so to speak.

Tanks I have, Ive only recently in the last 6 months found something other than my beloved Odysseus V2's that are simple and taste good, but Ody and NETs are not a good combination.

Ody V2
GUS Phenomenon
FLash-e-Vapor 3
Taifun GT2

I hope this gets some attention and I hope this is in the proper forum.

Just to clarify, not all tobaccos are NET, and not all NETs are the same, the ones Im talking about are those black, thick gooey, molasses types.

Here is some photos.
A - Is a typical NET liquid I have, this one from naturally extracted tobaccos.com
B - This is Acid Blonde by Walkers, its one of the ligher liquids as the cigar is made of light leaves. Thats after about 2mls?
C. Thats the Spheroid after 1ml
D. Aiolos dripper at 1ml

net-001-sm_zpsmvjut6m0.jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Honestly, I've been putting them in tanks, but maybe dessert tobaccos aren't as bad? Virus might be my gunkiest. I've been running it in my Lemo for 9 months. If I ever wanted to use that tank for something else I would probably need to toss the o rings, seals and maybe the insulator. It does go best if I rewick every tank though (5mls).

Not a NET, but Frenilla is the dirtiest juice I vape. I use a clone Rose. At least I can rewick that whenever. The cup gets pretty dirty between coil changes though. And I wipe out the chimney every refill.

I do have NETs in these as well: Flash e v3, Eviva-t, Aqua v2.

You might be a good candidate for a Reo :). You can wash a metal one. And the juice isn't sitting around in the deck.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I use a Kayfun, a Sat22, a Steam Turbine, Mini PT3 and a little dripper all for nets. I only vape net juices. I get between 2 and 10ml before wick change.
On the Kayfun and PT3 I run 1.5-2.2ohm coils at 8-12 watts for the RTA and 8 or less on the PT3. The PT3 is DIY Vertical coil. Both get cotton wicks.
The Steam Turbine is modified for subohm, large air holes and wicks, It gets setup at .5-1ohm. Gets Wicked with cotton, silica or mesh.
The Sat22 is new and I haven't settle on a setup for it yet, but it will be something running between 5-15watts. Mesh only so-far.
The dripper an X1 from fastech has zero airflow and get setup at 2ohms and run at 10-12 watts. wick with mech IN the coil and cotton feeding the mesh. This get a new piece of cotton with each flavor.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
NET is going to gunk on anything you put it on. Really doesn't matter what atty it is. Just requires the occasional dry burn of the coil to clear the crud.

As for the above pictures: If there is that much gunk after 2ml, it is a very poorly filtered NET with far too much sediment and/or far too much NET used in making the juice. If you are mixing it yourself, try using only about 10% flavoring to 90% unflavored then let it steep for a couple weeks. A good NET base requires very little to flavor a LOT of liquid.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yeap, its gunky. No doubt about it.

The juice I use are either from Naturally Extracted tobaccos.com, Goodejuice or Walkers Finest. Its really full bodied and smokey. The NETs that are really clear I find too weak or too high in PG.

Whatever they are not doing, or not doing, I LOVE them. Most of my favorites are really like molasses in look and texture. My 2 that I could never be without are Gypsy Blonde and Brune by NET.com and Acid Blonde by Walkers.

SO far my favorite atties for the goopey ones are the Spheroid and the Taifun dripper kit.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I gave up on tanks with NET's a long time ago and have been using a few Origen RDA's for them for about 7 months now. I find the flavor is very good if not great and the ease of use along with the deep well come in handy for NET's. Usually get almost a day out of it before having to do the ritual dryburn/re-wick thing. That depends of course, on which companies NET has my attention that day though. EtherVapes juice tends to gunk up more than the others in my rotation but will gladly sacrifice the gunk for some of my favorites. However, having four of them (Origens, they're all Tobeco clones BTW) helps as I just screw the new wicked one in and vape. Another thing, I only use single coils on them as well. Not that skilled or patient of a builder to be trying duel coils.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
That's why I use clones of them; could never find an original when I was looking. I went to my local vape shop and found a clone for $20 and now they sell them for $10 so I pick one up every once in a while as I feel the more the better. The only problem I have is using it in temperature control. Not enough room to build with nickel wire as it needs so many wraps. Trying to find a nice two post atty for to see how NET's do with TC. But that's a story for another day.

To answer your question, I use them with KGD or rayon but see no reason why silica would be a problem. Come to think of it, silica comes with the thing in the little bag of building stuff. I never used and really know nothing about mesh though so can't speak to that.

Reactions: anavidfan

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Thanks to hear your input. Ive been looking at the Origens for a while. I heard they can be used with silica, mesh and cotton? I think there are 3 versions, I just never seem to figure out which one, and then most of the time they are out of stock.

There's 5 different Origens, v1, v2, and v3 RDA and then there's a v2 and v3 Origen Genesis

The v1 and 2 rda are very similar, v1 has 2 separate juice wells while the v2 is one big well. The v3 is the one with the heat fins. I have all 3 versions of the dripper and prefer the v1 and 2 over the 3. I seem to get better mouth to lung pulls. The v3 has more airflow for better lung pulls. I also have a v3 Genny and its very nice.

The authentic Origens are a bit difficult to find in stock. The clones even take some searching, but they are out there. All mine are clones, If you get a Origen Genny clone, I would stay away from the A-mod version. I have the Tobeco Origen Genny and it works great.

I use Shiseido cotton in everything. Its easier to find then the KGD stuff and is just as good. I have played with Mesh in them but I get better vapor production with cotton. Taste with mesh was great, but different then cotton. Tobaccos and mesh go good together.

If you want to dabble with mesh I recommend getting a range of the mesh size, only getting 500, and needing 325 (or visa versa) can hamper the experience.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
I make my own NET. Used to be a forum supplier, unfortunately, after moving to Germany... The legalities of shipping, etc just wasn't in the cards for me. As for what I toot on:

I typically use catfish mods (Reo, Pdib) with atties like the Nuppin, Chalice or RM2. I have also self-modded a Trident for BF. Asides from BF atty's, I also run my NET in my Juggernaut and Richman Hybrids (Genesis style) with no issue using cotton wick.

If my coil gets too cruddy, I gank the cotton, pulse it until the poo melts away and re-wick.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you all for your reply. I will look for a clone to see how I like it. So far , after using it for a few days now, Im loving this TFGT2 in the dripper mode.

First time I like a larger dripper, so far it great on flavour, air is easy to dial in , holds more juice. I have a few small 14mm? drippers, which I like too, but this TF is the best one so far.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
The main thing when using any sort of NET is that the coil needs to stay quite wet. You can have tons of gunk build-up, but if the heating element is good and wet, it will be fine.

Myself, personally... I often go weeks without dry-burning. The more gunk buildup I get, the more like a cigar it tastes! The key is finding the balance of gunk and wetness that tastes good. Too much gunk and not enough wet and you will actually be getting smoke.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I notice since I started using the TF/ larger capacity, I can go longer before it gets too yucky. I think its because it allows for more juice=less dripping=less dry taste.

I now understand the larger dripper/ more well space thing. I think the reason I did not like all the other larger drippers before was "too much air" and the fact that they performed unbalanced when setting them up as single coils. Im a single coil person.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
I also prefer single coil. I do have a couple of dual setups, however, I build them to run tight air draw. I am not a fan of wide-open lung hits... Just small "cheek pulls". On most single coils I run between a 1mm - 1/16" air hole. On my dualies, I run about 1mm on each coil.

The trick with running hot coils and small airholes is pulsing the fire button. I'll pump the fire a couple times while drawing and continue drawing after releasing the fire. This heats enough to get great flavor from my NET while allowing the coil to cool and not burn the crud.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I also prefer single coil. I do have a couple of dual setups, however, I build them to run tight air draw. I am not a fan of wide-open lung hits... Just small "cheek pulls". On most single coils I run between a 1mm - 1/16" air hole. On my dualies, I run about 1mm on each coil.

The trick with running hot coils and small airholes is pulsing the fire button. I'll pump the fire a couple times while drawing and continue drawing after releasing the fire. This heats enough to get great flavor from my NET while allowing the coil to cool and not burn the crud.

Thanks , I will try the pulsing, I run the TF dripper on my P3. :)

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
99% of my juice are NETs. Started with the Nautilus Mini but graduated to dripping about six months ago. Magma, Royal Hunter, Marquis, Freakshow mini are all in use and I dry burn the coils and re wick every other day. This with a couple of atties going at the same time. Bird's gonna fly, NET's gonna gunk. I'm finding though that MVJ's juice is some of the cleanest around. Clay's and Goodejuice are also pretty clean.

I use rayon in all those atties except the Marquis which seems to like KGD more.

As Vic said Ether Vapes is probably the gunkiest but, it's one of the trade offs for their taste.

Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread