E liquid flavor extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yeah it is largely in the mix. Mango alone doesn't taste right as a vape, the sweet mango has kind of a smokey flavor to it that adds body but it still isn't good until the guava is in the mix. The Koolada is optional but I've been adding it to everything lately for the throat feel, without the koolada nothing tastes right to me anymore.

Cap has by far the best vanilla custard as well. The only thing that sucks about cap flavors is that they aren't as strong. I find that I use about twice as much Cap as I do any other flavor brands.
Yeah but using more is worth it to not have the perfumy and aftertaste aspects.
I have the bitter gene and I feat that mango will always taste bitter to me. I tried a mango fruit drink once, just once.
Their vanilla custard does not take much, it is potent but smooth.

Reactions: hashtag

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Yeah but using more is worth it to not have the perfumy and aftertaste aspects.
I have the bitter gene and I feat that mango will always taste bitter to me. I tried a mango fruit drink once, just once.
Their vanilla custard does not take much, it is potent but smooth.

I agree with that, nothing worse than a perfume taste in a fruit. I have two 4 oz. bottles of the custard I use it in almost everything to give the creamy smooth flavor. I used to go through tons of vanilla tobacco type flavors and desserts when I first quit smoking but recently the fruity flavors have grown on me. Once I forgot what cigarettes tasted like it opened up a whole new world of options.

I actually don't mind it a little bitter. I made a mix last night out of some flavors that were almost empty just to use them and it ended up tasting like a white wine. I don't like drinking wine but I've vaped through 3 tanks of this stuff in a day. That's what makes DIY so fun, sometimes you stumble across something you don't expect.

Reactions: CHEMTRAIL
I do not know of any fruit there is not a flavoring for.
Gooseberry?
Nope found that one with google.

and I have serious doubts that an amateur could extract flavors that taste better than a professional flavoring company can. And this most definitely includes myself.

tobacco extraction may be an exception simply for getting the flavor you want.

Yeah, it's not really fruit flavors that I am unable to find, just the type of fruit flavors I am looking for seem to be unavailable from my experience, I was using that as an example here. I also like to play around with herbal flavors and haven't found much by way of those types of flavors. I like a more balanced profile in my juices sometimes, something a little different, super sticky sweet flavors all the time gets tiring. I guess my point more with the fruit flavors was things like blueberry come off tasting horrid from any flavor maker I have as of yet tried. They're airy, almost perfumey in nature and lack any body at all. They're also usually laced with tons of ethyl alcohol in my experience and the flavor dies down horribly to a flat and dimensionless flavor as soon as that's been breathed out of the juice. I dunno, maybe I am asking for too much and should just stick to sweet on sweet on sweet flavor profiles and leave the berry flavors alone completely?

Last edited:
I agree with that, nothing worse than a perfume taste in a fruit. I have two 4 oz. bottles of the custard I use it in almost everything to give the creamy smooth flavor. I used to go through tons of vanilla tobacco type flavors and desserts when I first quit smoking but recently the fruity flavors have grown on me. Once I forgot what cigarettes tasted like it opened up a whole new world of options.

I actually don't mind it a little bitter. I made a mix last night out of some flavors that were almost empty just to use them and it ended up tasting like a white wine. I don't like drinking wine but I've vaped through 3 tanks of this stuff in a day. That's what makes DIY so fun, sometimes you stumble across something you don't expect.

Absolutely, I don't get why there isn't something better on the market for berry flavors with how huge vaping is now. I like more balanced flavors too and it seems most flavor options I have come across thus far and that are widely available lend themselves more to sweet on sweet on sweet and that's just not really in my wheelhouse sometimes. I mean, who wants to be vaping on strawberry cheesecake when they're having a scotch or drinking a beer? Outside of NET from dark cigars (blonde cigars give an almost hay like flavor in my experience and that's just nasty) and one flavor I've made that has a pear base with coconut and spice notes I don't really have too many options for savory or balanced flavors it seems.

A lot of times, flavoring doesn't come out well if you're only using one flavor. You need to add depth and complimenting flavors to build a profile. For example, if you wanted a peach flavored vape, you might try the following flavors from TFA: Juicy Peach, Vanilla Swirl, and a touch of Sweetener... maybe even a bit of Sweet Cream. I have never been able to get a decent mix using only one flavor, but YMMV.
Yeah, I was doing blood orange and custard and blood orange, tangerine and custard. The tangerine flavor always dominated the profile though even when I rolled it way back in percentage and pushed the blood orange way up in percentage I just couldn't get the flavor where I wanted it to be.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Yeah, it's not really fruit flavors that I am unable to find, just using that as an example. I also like to play around with herbal flavors and haven't found much by way of those types of flavors. I like a more balanced profile in my juices sometimes, something a little different, super sticky sweet flavors all the time gets tiring. I guess my point more with the fruit flavors was things like blueberry come off tasting horrid from any flavor maker I have as of yet tried. They're airy, almost perfumey in nature and lack any body at all. They're also usually laced with tons of ethyl alcohol in my experience and the flavor dies down horribly to a flat and dimensionless flavor as soon as that's been breathed out of the juice. I dunno, maybe I am asking for too much and should just stick to sweet on sweet on sweet flavor profiles and leave the berry flavors alone completely?

A mix that goes well with a beer and may fit your preferred flavor profile is.... 5% vanilla tobacco 3% bavarian cream, 3% vanilla custard and a few drops of cinnamon. I use TFA for all but the custard, for that I use the Cappellas.

Reactions: CHEMTRAIL
I am very interested in doing tobacco extracts but have had little success. Does anyone have any input regarding steep time, or expedited steep time for tobacco saturated PG? Also can I premix PG/VG ratio and then steep or completely leave out the VG until after ?
There's a method I 've used that I found online that requires VG, tobacco and a little vodka, I used spiced rum for the flavor of it and cooking the mixture, letting it cool overnight, heating it again and then straining, it works remarkably well, takes some time and effort, but the end result is more than worth it.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yeah, it's not really fruit flavors that I am unable to find, just the type of fruit flavors I am looking for seem to be unavailable from my experience, I was using that as an example here. I also like to play around with herbal flavors and haven't found much by way of those types of flavors. I like a more balanced profile in my juices sometimes, something a little different, super sticky sweet flavors all the time gets tiring. I guess my point more with the fruit flavors was things like blueberry come off tasting horrid from any flavor maker I have as of yet tried. They're airy, almost perfumey in nature and lack any body at all. They're also usually laced with tons of ethyl alcohol in my experience and the flavor dies down horribly to a flat and dimensionless flavor as soon as that's been breathed out of the juice. I dunno, maybe I am asking for too much and should just stick to sweet on sweet on sweet flavor profiles and leave the berry flavors alone completely?
You need to try Flavor Concentrates blueberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread