Five (yes 5!) smoke free trips around the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Congrats AttyPops! I remember when your forum name first surfaced, Sir.

I always was intrigued by the name you chose. I dont know if it's a double entendre or not but I know back in those days we were pushing 7.4 volts through 2.2 ohm atomizers and well... that would cause atty pops!

Congrats and thank you. Please know that some of your suggestions were well heeded by yours truly, even though I'm a year ahead of you. Btw, in regard to the fast changing technology today, I am still very content with a nearly passe Joye 510 atty that I use for *dripping*. Remember when us dinosaurs used THAT term that way? LOL

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Congrats AttyPops! I remember when your forum name first surfaced, Sir.

I always was intrigued by the name you chose. I dont know if it's a double entendre or not but I know back in those days we were pushing 7.4 volts through 2.2 ohm atomizers and well... that would cause atty pops!

Congrats and thank you. Please know that some of your suggestions were well heeded by yours truly, even though I'm a year ahead of you. Btw, in regard to the fast changing technology today, I am still very content with a nearly passe Joye 510 atty that I use for *dripping*. Remember when us dinosaurs used THAT term that way? LOL
Oh man, I spent YEARS dripping into standard attys. lol.

The username comes from that sound when a strand of wick "pops" in the standard 510 atomizer. It was one of my first newbie questions on ECF and why I stopped lurking and decided to join up. I had an atty that was popping strands and spitting and I asked a question about it... anyway, I didn't know what to call it. I was going to call it "atty popping". I needed to think of a username.....

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Congrats, Atty!

You've done good. You've given a LOT back to ECF and five years is pretty darned impressive!

s2qz54.jpg

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Everything you said!

FIVE YEARS IS GREAT, ATTYPOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so admire you and others who were able to ditch the cigarettes with the equipment available back then; I wasn't able (willing?) to do it.

But I did eventually manage, and in two days, it will be two years for me. I still consider it a miracle!

DH and I spent an hour and a half in a bank today, trying to convert a very old business account to a new one. I'll spare you all the details, but after an hour, I mentioned to the account representative that I guess vaping wasn't allowed in the bank. He said, "Technically, no...but it won't bother me." YAY!!!!! WIN!!!!! (Of course, I was very discrete with it).

I'm so very proud of your five years, AttyPops. I know you are, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Congrats, hope to still be here and chatting when I reach that point. Only been completely analog free for 2015. Had a hard time dropping em until I finally went subohm. Love the thought process for your avatars name :) mine is cause I'm an country boy but love my toys lol. And I guess inspired by the song. Anyway here is to many more years vaping happily. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread