Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Are y'all armed?

Good morning Army!
To an extent. I can't have loaded guns too readily accessible, we have very curious little turds running around. I am definitely keeping an eye on everything though, and have some makeshift weapons available should we need them...

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Are you still enjoying Vegas? And have you bought a swimsuit yet to enjoy that beautiful pool?

Hi!! *waving*

Loving Vegas! We've been in the 110 degree range for about 2 weeks. Humidity is up a little - 18% right now. Believe it or not, you can tell when it goes up, even though it's still relatively low.

No bathing suit. The pool looks lovely from the balcony. I must be getting fussy in my old age because all those kids all day long in a very warm pool in the sunlight... I feel I'd be swimming in bacteria. I know, I know - chlorine and all. LOL!

Quiet hours are being ignored by a group of about a dozen older teenagers. Party at the pool starts about 11:30 pm and goes until 1 or 2 am. I'm glad we have the Sleep Machine app. Drowns out all the noise.

I did learn that produce on the counter will not last long here even in the air conditioning. All it took was one bite of one bad plum - and the food poisoning that followed. Ugh.

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Good news! I just signed and sent off the agreement of sale for the house. Lots of showings led to multiple offers, and two good offers to choose from in the end. I get to satisfy the mortgage, and walk away with a bit of cash. Yay!

Now I'm praying for the inspections to go well, and for the appraisal to support the sell price. Big hurdles, but I'm trying not to be anxious about it.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I wouldn't be surprised if you needed at least a jacket. Farmers almanac is generally pretty accurate around here and calling for storms and cooler weather most of the summer :( yesterday I was wearing jeans, 2 shirts and a hoodie, and 3 pairs of socks and a blanket (but I'm still having issues with low body temps)

jealouscat.gif
(Yes, I am jealous. I really hate the Florida climate! :()

Good news! I just signed and sent off the agreement of sale for the house. Lots of showings led to multiple offers, and two good offers to choose from in the end. I get to satisfy the mortgage, and walk away with a bit of cash. Yay!

Now I'm praying for the inspections to go well, and for the appraisal to support the sell price. Big hurdles, but I'm trying not to be anxious about it.

Congratulations, Lori!!!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Congratulations, Lori!!!

Thanks, Eleanor! I'm sorry you live in a climate you hate. I know what that's like. Of the climates I've been in so far, Florida has been my least favorite. But they do have some truly lovely people there. You and Robin redeem the state for me. :wub:

The buyer has 2 weeks to get the inspections and appraisal done, so at least the agony of waiting won't go on for long. Settlement is set for Aug 14, which is also great. I've been wanting to sell for at least 7 years now. It will be a happy day indeed.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
It is hot as a firecracker here. The humidity is the killer. It was 93 here yesterday, with a real feel of 110. No the worst heat, but too hot for me. If not for a faint breeze, you could easily croak out there, if you were working out in it.
Pretty much the same thing here KK , we're being boiled like crawfish . :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Loving Vegas! We've been in the 110 degree range for about 2 weeks. Humidity is up a little - 18% right now. Believe it or not, you can tell when it goes up, even though it's still relatively low.

No bathing suit. The pool looks lovely from the balcony. I must be getting fussy in my old age because all those kids all day long in a very warm pool in the sunlight... I feel I'd be swimming in bacteria. I know, I know - chlorine and all. LOL!

Quiet hours are being ignored by a group of about a dozen older teenagers. Party at the pool starts about 11:30 pm and goes until 1 or 2 am. I'm glad we have the Sleep Machine app. Drowns out all the noise.

I did learn that produce on the counter will not last long here even in the air conditioning. All it took was one bite of one bad plum - and the food poisoning that followed. Ugh.

ya know... of all of the zombie outbreak movies Ive seen, they all start off in Nevada... why is that? must be the low humidity

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Always, I would die to say I'm cold right now. :)
I just don't do well with being cold at all, it makes me cranky and miserable (not to mention I get sick more when its cold)

I'm feeling more cranky about it after this past winter of 6mths of snow and gray skies. Being stuck in the house for 6mths, cleaning off the car whenever you do go somewhere, driving 10 miles an hour... Yeah I'm done with living up north. Still frantically sorting bills etc to try to find a way to move south. I'm pretty sure this place will kill me long before my time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread