Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I actually have had the opposite issue. I can't get it to recognize a new device and give me the left/right message a lot of the time when changing tops. Even when changing wire types it will often not ask if it is a new atomizer. When it doesn't ask it doesn't seem to read it correctly like it will read at .14 on a .08 build. I have to take it off and put it on a few times to get the message and then it will read the ohms correctly.

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
I actually have had the opposite issue. I can't get it to recognize a new device and give me the left/right message a lot of the time when changing tops. Even when changing wire types it will often not ask if it is a new atomizer. When it doesn't ask it doesn't seem to read it correctly like it will read at .14 on a .08 build. I have to take it off and put it on a few times to get the message and then it will read the ohms correctly.

Just forget about it asking for the new coil..... if you know your resistance you can lock it by hand (even with a small diference) worst part is that all the tweaking for the ideal temp. with this device is waisting time. I tend now to experiment what gives me the best flavour with the lowest power and leave it like this.

Time to get an M-class maybe for me.....

beco

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Well after two weeks i got it to work well for 3 whole days now..... ST mini V1, Ni coil with .12 res (locked and no fluctuations) at about 35W .... working for 3 whole days now without any problems. Only do one thing: after charging with res unlocked i only put the tank back on and then turn the device on. Lock the res. and stable through the day. Never got the "new coil, same coil" back again but since i lock it every day it seems to work better like this. I've been using this exclusiveley for the last days (but take my sx mini with me) and even if it's still half full i charge it anyway.

Maybe this will help some of you. Still not very happy that it starts at 30W but that's the beast...

beco
I do the same thing you do with regards to removing the tank and charging every night. I don't bother locking any more, (it doesn't seem to matter) but I'm pretty sure it's more stable with Nickel coils than it is with Ti coils. I've gone 2-3 days with stable resistance and predictable temps with nickel. Even with low resistance Ti builds, I'm lucky to make it half a day without the resistance changing (usually lower, but on rare occasions I've seen the resistance go up, and then it'll burn the crap out of my juice because I have the temp at 500°+!!)

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Time to get an M-class maybe for me.....

beco

I'm planning to take on a DIY project with the new DNA 200 chip. It seems like I will be happier in the long term with something I can change out parts on easily and the software for customization looks pretty good.

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
I'm planning to take on a DIY project with the new DNA 200 chip. It seems like I will be happier in the long term with something I can change out parts on easily and the software for customization looks pretty good.

I've seen the "new" project from cloudmaker with the interchangeable parts, very interesting but since i'm living in Europe it won't be available very soon... And i think it's going to be a very expensive "toy"... Ok the YIHI's aren't cheap either (chips for about 90€ + 3 months waiting time and expenses IF it doesn't land with customs for an unknown time) but for what i have seen they are still the most reliable.....

foggybottom

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2012
california
I do the same thing you do with regards to removing the tank and charging every night. I don't bother locking any more, (it doesn't seem to matter) but I'm pretty sure it's more stable with Nickel coils than it is with Ti coils. I've gone 2-3 days with stable resistance and predictable temps with nickel. Even with low resistance Ti builds, I'm lucky to make it half a day without the resistance changing (usually lower, but on rare occasions I've seen the resistance go up, and then it'll burn the crap out of my juice because I have the temp at 500°+!!)
Boy, I'm feeling lucky and bad for you guys. Been using the Evic for one week and haven't had one instance of wandering resistance with the stock Ti coil. I've tried various combinations of powering on and off, removing/replacing topper, unlocking resistance but the most it budges is .01 ohm up after reinstalling the topper. Goes right back down to 0.42 after tapping the fire button. I guess it will happen when I build a temp coil on the V2 STM that is in the mail.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Boy, I'm feeling lucky and bad for you guys. Been using the Evic for one week and haven't had one instance of wandering resistance with the stock Ti coil. I've tried various combinations of powering on and off, removing/replacing topper, unlocking resistance but the most it budges is .01 ohm up after reinstalling the topper. Goes right back down to 0.42 after tapping the fire button. I guess it will happen when I build a temp coil on the V2 STM that is in the mail.

Count me in as another lucky one. My resistance doesn't fluctuate whether locked or unlocked. It always asks new coil/same coil when I change toppers with a different resistance. I'm perfectly happy with my VT so far.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI

I think it all comes down to a solid connection. I have been running the Goliath with a stable Ti build for the last 4 days.

when I first build it. the same coil lasted for about 24 hours then had problems wandering. I first made sure the screws where tight. nothing. then i pushed on the 510 pin on the VT. nothing. unscrewed the 510 on the Goliath. nothing. re-screwed the 510 back to where it should be. Eureka! back to a stable .12ohms, and has been stable now for 4 days. this is a spaced 6/7 2mm dual coil. I have been through about 30ml of juice and no problems. I also have re-wicked it once.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Count me in as another lucky one. My resistance doesn't fluctuate whether locked or unlocked. It always asks new coil/same coil when I change toppers with a different resistance. I'm perfectly happy with my VT so far.

I have 2 VT's, one of them works perfect but the other has a variety of different issues. Seems like they just have poor quality control.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
So, VT owners, on the same firmware, are having vastly different experiences. This makes it difficult to believe that it's a software issue. That leaves:

1. Poor craftsmanship/QC on Joyetech's part.
2. User error of some kind (bad/loose builds, etc).
3. Atomizers that are, for whatever reason, not conducive to the technology.

Is anyone vaping an atomizer(s) specifically designed and manufactured for TC? If so, how is it working on the VT?

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
So, VT owners, on the same firmware, are having vastly different experiences. This makes it difficult to believe that it's a software issue. That leaves:

1. Poor craftsmanship/QC on Joyetech's part.
2. User error of some kind (bad/loose builds, etc).
3. Atomizers that are, for whatever reason, not conducive to the technology.

Is anyone vaping an atomizer(s) specifically designed and manufactured for TC? If so, how is it working on the VT?

I vote poor QC. As I said before I have two eVic's and one is great one has issues and they are used under the exact same conditions with the same atomizers.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I think it all comes down to a solid connection. I have been running the Goliath with a stable Ti build for the last 4 days.

when I first build it. the same coil lasted for about 24 hours then had problems wandering. I first made sure the screws where tight. nothing. then i pushed on the 510 pin on the VT. nothing. unscrewed the 510 on the Goliath. nothing. re-screwed the 510 back to where it should be. Eureka! back to a stable .12ohms, and has been stable now for 4 days. this is a spaced 6/7 2mm dual coil. I have been through about 30ml of juice and no problems. I also have re-wicked it once.
Stable connections are definitely critical, but that's not what's causing my issues. I've been building TC toppers for 7 months, so I've got a pretty good handle on it now.

That's not to say there's isn't a bad connection INSIDE my eVic. (But that still doesn't explain why it won't lock the damn resistance)

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Had an ipv4 that couldnt keep the resistance stable kept jumping all over the place got an evic now and i dont have that problem at all my only gripe is the controls of how when i wanna turn my watts down i have to go all the way to 60 to go back to 30 but besides that i love it so far i have used my stm and ego both nickel n ti and i love it but the prebuilt stock coils are kinda crappy

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
Stable connections are definitely critical, but that's not what's causing my issues. I've been building TC toppers for 7 months, so I've got a pretty good handle on it now.

That's not to say there's isn't a bad connection INSIDE my eVic. (But that still doesn't explain why it won't lock the damn resistance)
Hey BNEAT, maybe you should contact the seller about warranty? Looks like yours doesn't work as it should. Mine did drop .01 today, but thats after almost a week of using the same coil, and abusing my setup big time.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI

I wasn't trying to talk smack about your builds! All of my builds have been locked in, and i am sure yours have been too. I personally, am looking at the 510 connector on the VT. I think it is the culprit to the fluctuation. Not sure exactly what the issue is yet, but that is where my attention is. Every time I have been able to get a stable connect I can almost feel the 510 has connected to the atty correctly while screwing it on. There is almost a solid thud to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread