Need help picking a flavor for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I had a bottle-related issue with my last 2 Nicoticket orders. The guys and gals at Nicoticket were kind enough to resolve the issue; great CS if you ask me. Anyhow, I've got plenty of juice, and I am in a pretty good mood. That said, I've decided to grab a 60ml bottle for a buddy of mine. He has been on the fence about vaping, but I REALLY want him to quit smoking. He has tried a few of my DIY juices, and from what I can tell he and I have the same exact taste in juice.

Below are a list of juices that I need help choosing from (just 1). Also, here is a description of what he likes, based on the juices that I've mixed for him in the past.

Desserts: His number one pick. He tends to enjoy creamy, rich, in-your-face custards. He'd probably like something with a strong flavor, that makes it seem as if though you're eating the respective flavor. I am almost certain that he prefers custards over anything else. I do know that CLS is too muted for him though. He does enjoy doughy flavors, but only likes cinnamon that is not too strong/pungent - I believe he enjoys bakery type cinnamon (thinking of GCD).
Candidates: ACB, Creme Brûlée, Frenilla, GCD, PCB

Fruit: Loves these as well. He wasn't a big fan of Betelgeuse, a flavor that I love, but said he could see it being something that he vaped long term. From what I can tell, he'll vape any fruit flavor that is not acidic, but is still strong.
Note: When he vaped Betelgeuse, he may have mixed it with whatever was in my atty (can't recall what that was).
Candidate: Gravity

Tobacco: Don't know his take on these. As far as I can tell, he doesn't really like tobacco-only juices. He did enjoy my take on RY4, which was vanilla custard and caramel heavy, with a very slight taste of tobacco.
Candidates: The Virus, Wakonda
I've heard amazing things about The Virus, so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I asked him to check out the site, and pick a flavor that stands out to him. His response? "Please don't waste your money on me." I'm stubborn, and, worst case scenario I'll keep the bottle for myself.

A big thanks in advance for the help, and to the guys and gals at Nicoticket.

Synopsis: Looking for a juice for a friend. First pick would be a strong, in your face custard-type flavor. Second, a strong, but not acidic fruit.

Last edited:

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I would go with GCD. It has a lot of flavor. If he really likes bakery types it is the best.

I LOVE GCD but I only like it with 6 months to a year steep on it....Maybe ACB?

Thanks Clark and Megan. A 6 month steep is quite lengthy, but I'm assuming it's going to have a 3 month pre-steep. How rich of a flavor is it? Also, what would you compare it to? If anything. My main concern is the cinnamon. A few months back I gave him a bottle of Cinnamon Roll from Affordable Vaping (similar to MBV's). He absolutely hated it, as it was too cinnamon forward/strong.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Thanks Clark and Megan. A 6 month steep is quite lengthy, but I'm assuming it's going to have a 3 month pre-steep. How rich of a flavor is it? Also, what would you compare it to? If anything. My main concern is the cinnamon. A few months back I gave him a bottle of Cinnamon Roll from Affordable Vaping (similar to MBV's). He absolutely hated it, as it was too cinnamon forward/strong.

The date the bottles were poured and sealed means nothing just so you know. When you break the seal and open the bottle it starts steeping. The glass bottles make the juice seem like it's in suspended animation, it just stops until being opened. That being said fresh GCD is very cinnamon forward. It's only through time that the icing and the pastry comes forward (I open several bottles at a time and decant them into the old plastic NT bottles and wait 6 months till I vape it...yes it's worth it, yes I'm nuts! :laugh: )

I say CB or ACB... :)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
If you are concerned about the cinnamon, I think I would steer away from GCD for your gift. I well remember opening my very first bottle of GCD and wishing I'd had a seat belt on when I hit it for the first time! Brand new GCD when you have never vaped anything like it is quite IN YOUR FACE, LOL. Since you are hoping your friend will turn to vaping and stop smoking, ACB seems like a good choice to me. It's a custard/vanilla/brulee ON STEROIDS so he will really be able to taste it, *and* there is a kick of tobacco that he may be missing when he quits the cigarettes. Wakonda would also be safe if he likes coffee.
Good luck - it's a really nice thing you are doing here for your friend!

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
The date the bottles were poured and sealed means nothing just so you know. When you break the seal and open the bottle it starts steeping. The glass bottles make the juice seem like it's in suspended animation, it just stops until being opened. That being said fresh GCD is very cinnamon forward. It's only through time that the icing and the pastry comes forward (I open several bottles at a time and decant them into the old plastic NT bottles and wait 6 months till I vape it...yes it's worth it, yes I'm nuts! :laugh: )

Thanks Megan. That explains why my juices seldom evolve when left sealed! I'll probably avoid GCD. The pastry, icing description sounds tempting, but the cinnamon concerns me.
Between CB and ACB, which do you prefer and recommend? I know he smokes mainly for the nicotine. He's never liked the taste of tobacco.

If you are concerned about the cinnamon, I think I would steer away from GCD for your gift. I well remember opening my very first bottle of GCD and wishing I'd had a seat belt on when I hit it for the first time! Brand new GCD when you have never vaped anything like it is quite IN YOUR FACE, LOL. Since you are hoping your friend will turn to vaping and stop smoking, ACB seems like a good choice to me. It's a custard/vanilla/brulee ON STEROIDS so he will really be able to taste it, *and* there is a kick of tobacco that he may be missing when he quits the cigarettes. Wakonda would also be safe if he likes coffee.
Good luck - it's a really nice thing you are doing here for your friend!

I'll avoid GCD. I'm sure he'd like it if the cinnamon was toned down and more of a bakery-type (sweet) cinnamon. Then again, you never know. It's between ACB and CB. I'm sure he'd be happy with whichever is more rich and in-your-face. I'm just hoping a free 60ml bottle will draw him towards vaping. I even offered to mix him any juice, at any time, so long as he buys the supplies.

From what you described I would go ACB or Wakonda. Great thing you are doing for your friend :thumb:
Thanks for the suggestion! Any reason why you recommended Wakonda over The Virus? I forgot to mention, he's not huge on coffee. If I remember correctly, the only way he could get his caffeine fix back in college was by drinking energy drinking. Here's to hoping a free 60ml bottle will steer him away from the nasties.

I'm honestly surprised that no one has recommended The Virus.

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl

This, there is no pre steep time by letting an unopened bottle sit....maybe after a year it might age a bit but im not too sure...i got stuff from Dec 2014 and if i unseal the bottle, i will get mouth sores just like i do if i were to buy the bottle born yesterday....i finally got juice moved to LDPE plastic bottles so i can steep...i like my juice when its had 2 months of steep time :)

ACB is amazing...but it needs time to develop into its full bodied flavor...well worth it :)

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
The virus is more for one willing to try it, hate it, ignore it for a while, pick it up again AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY GETTING MORE!!!!!

ACB is CB with more caramel and a touch of tobacco which does not taste like tobacco it just tastes RICH. I like them both, nice strong flavors. :)

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My favorite has become Wakonda with some Cookie. It makes a desert coffee and you can make it more coffee or more chocolate, it's the only ghetto mix I can make that works every time. I'm usually mixing stuff and I've made better things, but none are consistently good like this.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Thanks for the input, everyone. It's still between ACB and CB. If ACB doesn't taste like tobacco at all, I'll go with that.
No Tobacco taste at all to me -- it's one of my ADVs. If "tobacco" was not in the description you would not know it was there, in my opinion, and I have seen several others post the same opinion. Even Clark!

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I'd go with ACB, but it does help to have a little steep time on it. It also has a nice room note which is what got one of my co-workers to give vaping a shot and give up the smokes. The right equipment is also a big help.

And, have you considered Radioactive? It's kind of a dessert tobacco flavor . . ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread