Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Anymore suggestions for getting my marquis not to taste like a freshly used drill bit?
I appreciate the input so far, however it is what I have done already.
Maybe I can replace o- rings? Soak in industrial degreaser?

Don't laugh - try denture cleaner. Just disassemble the atty and follow the direction on the box.

I'd ditch the o-rings, though - those things can hang on to odours like a Scot watches pennies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I've got two atties that I have put away because I never could get rid of the oil taste. I've boiled, used ultrasonic, soaked in dawn and hot water, nothing has worked. That was the dark horse and the vertex. Since Tom got that super duper cleaner, I've never had any problem. Just a quick rinse, toothbrush and dawn and it's good to go.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
What is everyones favorite Marquis build?

I am running dual vertical coils, 2.5mm id, 28g kanthal, 8 wraps, coming in at .7ohms.

I would like to get it down to .4ohms. .7ohms is not quite doing it for me.

I run mine with a single 28 parallel coil. 2 strands and a 7\64 bit 4 wraps should be around .4. If you want it even hotter do the same build but with 3 strands.

I also run mine with the 2 outside air holes aimed at the single coil. One hole the flow goes through the internal metal block thing and the other is just past the edge of it.

3ef23736dc274eefffe68488e6100391.jpg

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I've got two atties that I have put away because I never could get rid of the oil taste. I've boiled, used ultrasonic, soaked in dawn and hot water, nothing has worked. That was the dark horse and the vertex. Since Tom got that super duper cleaner, I've never had any problem. Just a quick rinse, toothbrush and dawn and it's good to go.
The Vertex seriously? It's one of my main atty's right now! Leaky lil biych but I never upgraded the top cap.... And oring. As I remember it did smell like a grease monkey. But dawn dish wash helped.... ALOT ..needed two cycles .... I don't know when you got yours but I got mine after Tom bought ultrasonic cleaner.... So I think it was cleaned but it needed a lil MORE Attention.... You should try it again boil some water add dawn and I moved the water through it with a metal paint mixer attached to a drill....Give it try

Edit : I've also used baking soda hydrogen peroxide mix on other atties..... FYI

Last edited:
Reactions: pwheeler

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I saw a single coil on a stumpy that looked interesting. If looking from top it was centered between the posts so you could leave both airflows open like you would with a dual coil setup. He was actually running a Clapton but I think it would work with any coil. Hope that makes sense :D

I've opened both sides on my Manta and Atomic when I ran single coils, it vaped a bit different but was more enjoyable for me.

NOICE...I need to try a dual TP coil build for the Stumpy!

TP Coil ???????? :confused:

What is everyones favorite Marquis build?

I am running dual vertical coils, 2.5mm id, 28g kanthal, 8 wraps, coming in at .7ohms.

I would like to get it down to .4ohms. .7ohms is not quite doing it for me.

Dual Nic 80, 26G 2.5mm, ~6 spaced wraps for 0.447 ohms.

Reactions: 2buildawall

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I used to use simple green on my Harley with a high pressure hose.... until my mechanic told me my rear axel was bone dry...... That's pretty hard thing to do....because I think there sealed bearings. I managed to do it and do it unintentionally well!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pwheeler

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I run mine with a single 28 parallel coil. 2 strands and a 7\64 bit 4 wraps should be around .4. If you want it even hotter do the same build but with 3 strands.

I also run mine with the 2 outside air holes aimed at the single coil. One hole the flow goes through the internal metal block thing and the other is just past the edge of it.

Mines even simpler. Single coil 26ga around 3mm comes out to .6. Air holes lined up for dual coils with middle hole closed. Haven't got the hang of dual coils with this one yet buy I DO love them...I've got two with one maybe headed to Tom for neutering.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Problems problems Distort...this is the poorest design I ever seen....squonk hole in the side, madness....!

Its like trying to tie shoes with the left hand only, when you're right handed......:w00t:

Have large hands as well, but to call the unit that pretty much started it all of poor design, I would respectfully have to disagree. However, I would say that it's a good thing for you that other designs have come along to follow Rob's lead...;)

What's that old saying about adapt and overcome? :)

1C0DOiY.jpg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Looks like shipping will be tomorrow. I thought I already shipped yours though. Please remind me. Superx and HoundB are shipping ASAP. I had a hard night at work last night and haven't slept since Saturday morning. I collapsed when I got home this morning.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Looks like shipping will be tomorrow. I thought I already shipped yours though. Please remind me.
Hastur atty is shipping. Initial impressions seem to be favourable. Is the Hastur a maybe for Catfish?
I think Roscoe might be doing that one. Unlike some folks I won't try to steal his thunder... I believe there is one or more that have been drop shipped to me that I will do but I have no plans on stocking them at this point. I need to work on the Cam-M, I hope to get them all cut out this weekend.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I appreciate the suggestion on the Nectar, Tom. But as I said, it was my doing and not the atty's fault. It fills and drains so well that it is easy to squonk too hard, which is what I was doing at first. I don't have even a hint of a leak with it now. I use it daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread