Snails - Response on Threads Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Back home. What a day. Long story short, Puggers got her brace. It's attached to a harness that she has to wear all the time. It makes her back, near her tail, really itch. She was always sensitive back there. Hoping that will settle. Took them several times to get it on correctly because they had to adjust the strap on her chest. It was pushing on her esophagus, and she has a sensitive esophagus, too...:cry:

Piper has severe arthritis in her left hip, but her right side is the weak side. :cry: She will now be on pain meds all the time. Will know about blood work and all that stuff maybe tomorrow. They were BOTH very good girls, though. Which is surprising because they always shiver and shake at the vet's.

Maddy, the baby of the family (Puggers will always be MY baby), spent the afternoon with my best friend. So, all is well.

Severe storms headed my way again. They look really nasty. May have to shut down in a bit.

Hope everyone is fine and had a good day.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Back home. What a day. Long story short, Puggers got her brace. It's attached to a harness that she has to wear all the time. It makes her back, near her tail, really itch. She was always sensitive back there. Hoping that will settle. Took them several times to get it on correctly because they had to adjust the strap on her chest. It was pushing on her esophagus, and she has a sensitive esophagus, too...:cry:

Piper has severe arthritis in her left hip, but her right side is the weak side. :cry: She will now be on pain meds all the time. Will know about blood work and all that stuff maybe tomorrow. They were BOTH very good girls, though. Which is surprising because they always shiver and shake at the vet's.

Maddy, the baby of the family (Puggers will always be MY baby), spent the afternoon with my best friend. So, all is well.

Severe storms headed my way again. They look really nasty. May have to shut down in a bit.

Awww, poor Puggers; hope the itchies go away for her :(
    Hopefully the meds will help Piper to feel better :)

You hang in there Katmar :)

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Land of the Lost

((((Piper, Puggers and Kat)))))
    Hoping for the best for all, Kat.

Reactions: Flowersoul

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Land of the Lost
    So, I got home and made immediate use of the extra closet space I now have. :thumbs: And I found that lost pair of scissors, the handle on which appears to have been chewed on by the grandpup, so DD will get to take those with her. I'm such a giver. :lol:
    It has proven to be a productive evening so far - enough of that. Time for some relaxing now.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thank you all....

but what about the throwing up, kat? :( if there's a stomach problem more pain meds might make that worse

:thumbs: for puggers' brace - maybe a little baby powder would help the itchies?

She stopped throwing up yesterday. Dr. thinks it just may have been something she ate outside, but I don't know. We watch her really well. Also could be stress. She will also be on Pepcid every day.

Puggers has skin allergies. They have been under control for a few years now. I just think the harness is irritating her. Baby powder might help while she gets used to it. Thanks for the tip, Tib!!! :)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida

You are really a good furbaby mama doing everything you can to make them feel better.

So, I got home and made immediate use of the extra closet space I now have. :thumbs: And I found that lost pair of scissors, the handle on which appears to have been chewed on by the grandpup, so DD will get to take those with her. I'm such a giver. :lol:
    It has proven to be a productive evening so far - enough of that. Time for some relaxing now.
    That sounds like a plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread