Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I would do that, but I have I think two people in my google + circles, and they're also on my fb, and I know at least one has already signed and shared because he vapes.

Yeah I don't have too many on my google+ thing either, but I figure, there might be someone there who hasn't yet seen any notice of this petition. The more exposure, the better! :thumb:

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
@Lessifer , I was looking at it again and I think FDA has an interesting legal problem with the deeming. Suppose for a moment that it gets in court and it gets to the point were the judges are questioning whether the deeming is within the intended scope of FSPTCA etc. What FSPTCA says is that all current (at that time) products containing tobacco leaves shall be regulated in a certain way, and leaves the door open to FDA that if they identify a completely new tobacco product (let's say someone starts producing tobacco teabags) they can "deem" them.

Problem is that nicotine and liquid nicotine (which FDA wants to deem) are not a new product. They existed long before FSPTCA and were known to exist to the Congress when they wrote the law. Question arises why Congress didn't include them in the law at that time and it can be construed that it was because it was not their intention to cover them within FSPTCA scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread