Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I got a back in stock notice from Sweet Vapes tonight! They have the Organic Cotton coils in for the GSAirs 1.5 Ohms. I am pretty sure they also have the 0.15 Nickle coils in also. Still no 40W TC Isticks though, but they do have them listed, just not in stock yet. Looking like it's going to be a fun summer for vapers with shinyitis!
I've seen some salivating vapers looking at these! :lol:
Shinyitis is about to strike...

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I really like the attached tops! Very cool, no fumbling and dropping the cap on the floor...did I mention I've broke three Air tanks? :lol::lol:

This might sound weird but I bought them originally to bulk out packages. Cheaper than a box :p Then when they arrived I was very surprised at the secure tops. I have never worried about childproof I just needed leakproof so these work well. The bottles are Squeezy but not thin so they still take a bit of punishment. I think they are a fasttech top buy.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Cats are great... :)

Yes, ø19mm vs ø22mm.

Eleaf says: "4) Heat-insulated metal mouthpiece: The metal mouthpiece is endowed with excellent characteristic of heat insulation."
View attachment 467774

I wonder the same thing though.
Cheers

Is endowed, eh?

Do you want to get the deadly animals that will eat you, bite you or sting you......out of the way early as well

:pervy:

Collin and Connie Country!!!! *wavin'*

Well hello there my friend. I have a couple of GS Air M tanks. PM me at our other home if you'd like me to send you one of them for a try before you buy.:)

And yet another wave to you, @nicaholic! Howzit, Aussie bud?

Good Afternoon Airheads. I have a Tuesday afternoon matinee that I'd like to share...
I was talking to Cheech in a Conversating session and told him that I tore all of my saved heads down to start recoiling and I mentioned that I had some arthritis going on. So, after the second try using the Cheechomatic (TM), I found an easier way for myself (because I had to ) to remove the caps from the Air heads, with the MS trick. Like many other people, I use an evod base because I never had the original GS Air that he uses. Cheech was curious how I was doing this so I told him that I'd send a video to show him.
I made it for him today and he mentioned to me that I should definitely show it on the thread because it simplifies the process a bit more (for those that are having a hard time taking the caps off). This does really make it simple, especially if your joints are acting up (like mine). This is only for older folks (like me :lol:).

WoooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOO! Great job, IMRs! You're a moobie star now!!!

and hey, Happy Birthday, sweetie. ;)

Not the first time I've been in the dark with my fingers crossed...:lol:

is that what the kids are calling it these days...

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I can report that it IS possible to Cheechinize a dual factory coil. It's twice as fiddly as there's twice the wicks but you knew that. I found it easier to feed both FINE twisted starter parts of the wicks in, then pull each through and do the wick trimming instead of doing 1 wick all the way at a time.

Got all the old wick out pretty easy and dry burned the hell out of the two factory coils, they were lighting up just fine.

I don't anticipate any issue with it other than having to tweak the pin and insulator to get it to read. (Duh, pressing the shroud
back on is obviously how my pin <the pliers are pushing against> is getting pushed in that hair too far.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Good Afternoon Airheads. I have a Tuesday afternoon matinee that I'd like to share...
I was talking to Cheech in a Conversating session and told him that I tore all of my saved heads down to start recoiling and I mentioned that I had some arthritis going on. So, after the second try using the Cheechomatic (TM), I found an easier way for myself (because I had to ) to remove the caps from the Air heads, with the MS trick. Like many other people, I use an evod base because I never had the original GS Air that he uses. Cheech was curious how I was doing this so I told him that I'd send a video to show him.
I made it for him today and he mentioned to me that I should definitely show it on the thread because it simplifies the process a bit more (for those that are having a hard time taking the caps off). This does really make it simple, especially if your joints are acting up (like mine). This is only for older folks (like me :lol:).

That's pretty slick, how are you pressing the shroud back on?

I use a Protank base to hold the coil in an Evod and use needlenose to remove the shroud.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I can report that it IS possible to Cheechinize a dual factory coil. It's twice as fiddly as there's twice the wicks but you knew that. I found it easier to feed both FINE twisted starter parts of the wicks in, then pull each through and do the wick trimming instead of doing 1 wick all the way at a time.

Got all the old wick out pretty easy and dry burned the hell out of the two factory coils, they were lighting up just fine.

I don't anticipate any issue with it other than having to tweak the pin and insulator to get it to read. (Duh, pressing the shroud
back on is obviously how my pin <the pliers are pushing against> is getting pushed in that hair too far.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Pretty fine work removing the old wicks and rewicking!
If you screw the coil back into the Air tank bottom and use the top part of the tank reversed, you can
push the cap back on without disturbing the bottom pin.;)

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I hear back from Eleaf.

The new GS is made of a copper alloy (not stainless) and they have no plans for a larger capacity tank.
I suppose I would have been surprised if it had been actual stainless steel at the price point...
Thank you!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I hear back from Eleaf.

The new GS is made of a copper alloy (not stainless) and they have no plans for a larger capacity tank.
Thanks for sharing that, but... Consider the source!

These are the same people who continue to (1) deny the existence of the M and MS, and (2) blame Bls and other design, quality, and (lack of) QC problems in the istick 50 on "counterfeits". In short, whatever they say has a 50/50% chance of being true.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

These are the same people who continue to (1) deny the existence of the M and MS, and (2) blame Bls and other design, quality, and (lack of) QC problems in the istick 50 on "counterfeits". In short, whatever they say has a 50/50% chance of being true.
Can you chrome plate carved monkey wood?

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I suppose I would have been surprised if it had been actual stainless steel at the price point...
Thank you!
The iJust 2 is a stainless steel tank that can be had for $10.50 for a comparison. ;) :)

I hear you... I was just passing on the info I received from Eleaf.
I speculated in the beginning it might be stainless.
Cheers

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Can you chrome plate carved monkey wood?

Hmmmm... I never met a chrome plated metaphysician before. Let me think...
wood-animal-53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread