The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Anyone know if or where to get a replacement tank that's not glass for this? I don't want a stainless steel tank, but glass seems like it's too vulnerable. I havent bought this rta yet because I'm still debating on getting this one or another dual coil rta. I currently have an orchid v4 and I'm wondering if this is really any better as far as air flow which is my only complaint about the v4.
What would they use besides stainless and glass?

I never had an Orchid and this is my first rta unless you count the STM but as far as airflow I avoided rtas/subohm tanks for awhile because after using rdas so much I couldn't even bare to use the STM anymore because of how tight the draw was but the Billow V2 has pretty good airflow for a tank IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
So I got my BV2. I have no idea how you could get the 3mm stock coils in there. I ended up twisting two 2mm 8wrap 27AWG Kanthal. Metered out to .5 ohms in the end. Wicked with KGD. My first attempt wicking was good but I knew it could be better. I used a little too much cotton. I love being able to access the build deck without having to drain the juice. Big plus over the Cthulhu. Slightly less cotton proved to give me the juice flow required. I like that this tank has far fewer components than the Cthulhu also.

I'm just really finishing the second fill and have been running it at 22.5 watts on an IPV mini 70w. Plenty of vapor, but I'm still getting somewhat of that "new tank" taste. I ran it through the ultra sonic cleaner prior to use. I didn't use any detergent, and that may have been a mistake. The tank just seemed so clean and no smell of machine oil was present. Maybe I'll give it a good soak before the next build.

So far, I like the BV2, no leaks, good clouds with 70/30 VG/PG juice and flavor is pretty good. I'll reserve my opinion on flavor production until the tank really breaks in after a few fills. But so far I like it.

Do larger coils improve the flavor on the BV2? I know I can get slightly larger coils in there, just not sure about using the 3mm supplied ones. I understand those, if used, meter out to around .3 ohms. That may also boost the flavor. After reading this whole thread several times I still don't know what the best set up for this tank is yet. Seems we are still experimenting somewhat.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So I got my BV2. I have no idea how you could get the 3mm stock coils in there. I ended up twisting two 2mm 8wrap 27AWG Kanthal. Metered out to .5 ohms in the end. Wicked with KGD. My first attempt wicking was good but I knew it could be better. I used a little too much cotton. I love being able to access the build deck without having to drain the juice. Big plus over the Cthulhu. Slightly less cotton proved to give me the juice flow required. I like that this tank has far fewer components than the Cthulhu also.

I'm just really finishing the second fill and have been running it at 22.5 watts on an IPV mini 70w. Plenty of vapor, but I'm still getting somewhat of that "new tank" taste. I ran it through the ultra sonic cleaner prior to use. I didn't use any detergent, and that may have been a mistake. The tank just seemed so clean and no smell of machine oil was present. Maybe I'll give it a good soak before the next build.

So far, I like the BV2, no leaks, good clouds with 70/30 VG/PG juice and flavor is pretty good. I'll reserve my opinion on flavor production until the tank really breaks in after a few fills. But so far I like it.

Do larger coils improve the flavor on the BV2? I know I can get slightly larger coils in there, just not sure about using the 3mm supplied ones. I understand those, if used, meter out to around .3 ohms. That may also boost the flavor. After reading this whole thread several times I still don't know what the best set up for this tank is yet. Seems we are still experimenting somewhat.

My first build was twisted 28 KA1 at around 0.3 ohms, it was ok. Then I settled on 28 KA1/36 N80 claptons 5 wrap 2.4mm around 0.3 ohms and I loved the flavor with that build. I don't expect any tank to compete with a dripper flavorwise but I vape on fused claptons in all my rdas and the flavor was not a noticeable drop when using my Billow 2.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
My first build was twisted 28 KA1 at around 0.3 ohms, it was ok. Then I settled on 28 KA1/36 N80 claptons 5 wrap 2.4mm around 0.3 ohms and I loved the flavor with that build. I don't expect any tank to compete with a dripper flavorwise but I vape on fused claptons in all my rdas and the flavor was not a noticeable drop when using my Billow 2.

The Cthulhu competes in the flavor department with my Plume Veil all day long. I just use regular old micro coils in all my builds. I haven't graduated to the Fused-triple twisted-double stapled-hidden dragon-crouching Clapton builds as of yet.......not sure I ever will. LOL

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
The Cthulhu competes in the flavor department with my Plume Veil all day long. I just use regular old micro coils in all my builds. I haven't graduated to the Fused-triple twisted-double stapled-hidden dragon-crouching Clapton builds as of yet.......not sure I ever will. LOL
You should try it if you have the time /resources one day. I used twisted wire for awhile before trying my first clapton and it was a very noticeable step up.

BTW, some earlier arguments over flavor and simple spaced vs. "advanced" builds led me to do a dual spaced unoxidized build last night in one of my rdas and no, IMO the flavor is definitely NOT better than a fused clapton. Idk if I'm doing it wrong but I can't see many ways how I could have messed it up. 5 wrap evenly spaced 26 KA1 2.4 mm 0.3 ohms. I cut the airflow down, and I mean way down, and the flavor was "ok" but nothing I would ever bother building again if I could avoid it...

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
You should try it if you have the time /resources one day. I used twisted wire for awhile before trying my first clapton and it was a very noticeable step up.

BTW, some earlier arguments over flavor and simple spaced vs. "advanced" builds led me to do a dual spaced unoxidized build last night in one of my rdas and no, IMO the flavor is definitely NOT better than a fused clapton. Idk if I'm doing it wrong but I can't see many ways how I could have messed it up. 5 wrap evenly spaced 26 KA1 2.4 mm 0.3 ohms. I cut the airflow down, and I mean way down, and the flavor was "ok" but nothing I would ever bother building again if I could avoid it...

I actually have tried the pre-twisted UD wire, in fact I have that in my Plume Veil right now. I wasn't overly impressed with it over a standard touching micro coil. Maybe I did it wrong? lots of variables to deal with.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

I have a metal lathe and mill. Use Windex to remove machine oil. Then soak and rinse with tap water.

Reactions: Jdurand

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I actually have tried the pre-twisted UD wire, in fact I have that in my Plume Veil right now. I wasn't overly impressed with it over a standard touching micro coil. Maybe I did it wrong? lots of variables to deal with.
When I said try it I meant specifically any type of clapton build. I noticed a step up in flavor going from twisted to clapton, but my first fused clapton build was like a revelation of flavor to me.

My first experience with advanced builds was also the UD pre-made twisted coils. Now I also noticed when I twisted my own out of lightning vapes wire it was better as well so I do question the quality of UD's kanthal. But more importantly, yeah fused clapton was the first time I really said damn, I'm not gonna be able to go back from this.

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
after upgrade my mod to evit vt kit, i'm so up sad with the tank coil so i wanted to get another new tank just to heal my sadness hahahaha….

been reading and watching youtube review, this beauty totally catch my eye. check the web site saw the black version, totally fall in love but too bad they to don't ship to Malaysia and i can only find the silver in my local market. well, can always get the black one when ever i find cos after get my billow v2 even just a few hour with it, i really like it. so if the black one really get in to my local market i will get it for sure just to match with my cool black evit vt hahahaha….

so far no leaking after a night sitting in my pack bag and tilted side way. i'm lucky may be and have to observe more. so far i love it and the ego one mega tank that come with evit vt will not see the sun light again until may be they have a better design of the coil.

using nichrome 26g 6 wrap 2.4mm read in 0.3ohm. will keep this setting for some time and may be next week will built nickel for sure.

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
argghh….can't wait till next week, i build nickel in it already

30g ni200
2.4mm
12 wrap
read at 0.12ohm

fantastic, great flavor and huge vapor, love love it.

first i build at 3mm, it short out due to the coil too close to the post and 1 of the led touch the post, the min i fire (with cotton on and juice up) little spark come out, very very small spark,

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I wouldn't use anything that has adhesive on it (tape) because it gets hot in the chamber and you don't want to be potentially vaping adhesives. you could just leave the hole open for now.

Yeah, you have a point there. Not worth futzing with in the bigger picture. I ended up ordering a lemo 2 yesterday for a simple single coil atty. Easier to use each for what it was designed for lol. Lemo 2 also has a lot of extra room in the chimney needed for another project in the works. Stay tuned lol.

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I built mine for the first time this morning. I went with a simple 26ga 7 wrap 2.5mm duel coil build that nets 0.52ohms. The flavor and vapor production is immense! This is a nice RTA!

20150701_090536.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So I just watched grimmgreens review of the zephyrus and he wicked it in a strange way. After trimming the wicks, he pointed them upwards and then threaded the first chimney piece on. Then he proceeded to sort of stuff the wicks down to the juice channels using the pointed end of a pair of scissors. He claims that this method allows him to chain vape max vg with no issues on the zephyrus. Does anyone think that this method might work with the Billow V2? I know they have similar styled decks. I also remember Phil Busardo wicking the STM rebuildable deck in this manner. I might try it when I get my replacement glass in from eciggity.

Reactions: erieboyz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread