Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
So, My downstairs neighboors say I "Have a problem"
My "stash" has grown alot since I started vaping a month ago.

11652099_10204641828427392_1928814106_n.jpg

It's not too bad... LMFAO (I have stuff coming in the mail too.)

Reactions: a_rey88

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
there's no such thing as too much variety with vaping!

Haha, The One on the far right, Is the first one I got (Generic E-go twist) I bought it from a Smoke shop out here! Learned that was a BIG mistake... Had so much trouble with it! The one on the far left was my first sub ohm (iStick 30watt) and the one in the middle I got from the Mod Mystery Package I had bought (and then I splatter painted it!) I also subscribed to zamplebox... So I got some yummy flavors from there. I don't think I have spent too much (Only $50 more then what I would have on stinkies)... But I mean..You always spend a little more when you start. Just wanted to have something for home / on the go / and taste (Have my first RDA coming in this week!)

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
Haha, The One on the far right, Is the first one I got (Generic E-go twist) I bought it from a Smoke shop out here! Learned that was a BIG mistake... Had so much trouble with it! The one on the far left was my first sub ohm (iStick 30watt) and the one in the middle I got from the Mod Mystery Package I had bought (and then I splatter painted it!) I also subscribed to zamplebox... So I got some yummy flavors from there. I don't think I have spent too much (Only $50 more then what I would have on stinkies)... But I mean..You always spend a little more when you start. Just wanted to have something for home / on the go / and taste (Have my first RDA coming in this week!)

If you enjoy Sub-Ohm vaping you're gonna enjoy the RDA a lot! Building may take a while to learn if you haven't done it before but feel free to come on here if you have any questions or need any tips on your coil builds.

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
If you enjoy Sub-Ohm vaping you're gonna enjoy the RDA a lot! Building may take a while to learn if you haven't done it before but feel free to come on here if you have any questions or need any tips on your coil builds.
I'm terrified of coil building (Hahaha) Just because of things I have seen on the internet. (Stupid internet!)
I have a bunch of blogs and forum posts (from here) bookmarked to make my first Coil build. Luckily the RDA I got came with 2 premade coils :)

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
I'm terrified of coil building (Hahaha) Just because of things I have seen on the internet. (Stupid internet!)
I have a bunch of blogs and forum posts (from here) bookmarked to make my first Coil build. Luckily the RDA I got came with 2 premade coils :)

There is definitely a bunch of good information out there. Don't let the scare stories get to you. Just make sure you do the proper checks on your own build to make sure there are no shorts and always check the resistance before firing it and then after adjusting the coil before using it while you're getting used to the build process. The greatest part about it is everything is can be custom done to your own likings if you want a hotter vapor production or a cooler vapor production. One thing to keep in mind is that the temperature your coil operates at can greatly change how the flavors tastes as certain taste notes come out stronger with higher temperatures or even change the note of the flavor.

Reactions: Reddhott

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
There is definitely a bunch of good information out there. Don't let the scare stories get to you. Just make sure you do the proper checks on your own build to make sure there are no shorts and always check the resistance before firing it and then after adjusting the coil before using it while you're getting used to the build process. The greatest part about it is everything is can be custom done to your own likings if you want a hotter vapor production or a cooler vapor production. One thing to keep in mind is that the temperature your coil operates at can greatly change how the flavors tastes as certain taste notes come out stronger with higher temperatures or even change the note of the flavor.
Thank you! I do have a question... If I get premade coils, Do I still need to use an ohm reader when I put 1 or 2 on?

Here is a great builders tool
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
Ooh! Thank you! Bookmarked that!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Thank you! I do have a question... If I get premade coils, Do I still need to use an ohm reader when I put 1 or 2 on?

Ooh! Thank you! Bookmarked that!
Always use an ohm meter. This won't only tell you what the build ohms out to, but will let you know if there is a short in the build somewhere......hmmm, steam engine says this build should be .5 ohms but it's reading .09...... Something must be wrong :p

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
Always use an ohm meter. This won't only tell you what the build ohms out to, but will let you know if there is a short in the build somewhere......hmmm, steam engine says this build should be .5 ohms but it's reading .09...... Something must be wrong :p
Okay, Means I won't be able to use my new mod until I am able to purchase an OHM reader. Don't want to do anything wrong and go Boom! Haha Safety first!

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
Your new mod is mechanical?
You can get ohm readers fairly cheaply.
I got an RDA with a mod (Hasn't got here yet)
but the RDA came with 2 premade coils and some Cotton.
But i didn't have enough to grab an ohm reader too (Bills/rent)
Was planning on waiting till I could buy one anyways, Just wanted to know if I had to wait with premade coils.

(I know, Square and round might look funny. LOL)

img_0047_7.jpg

img_0007_19.jpg

Reactions: Reddhott

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
I posted a photo above I got a
Paragon V318650 Mechanical Mod Daphne and a
Cherry Bomber Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Ok yea, with a mechanical mod you'll definitely want to use an ohm reader to check it first. A couple key things with RDA's is first when placing the coils into the posts and tightening them down, make sure the legs (unwrapped wire or leads) stick out the same amount for both coils, the more symmetrical they look they more even they will fire, and second, make sure that the coils only touch the RDA where they go into the posts, keep them high enough that they don't touch the bottom deck of the RDA and make sure they aren't sticking out wide enough that they will touch a side wall of the top cap or barrel. As long as these two check out it's rare to have a short. Also try to make sure that the end of the lead in the middle post (or all posts just as good practice) is cut short enough and bent out so it doesn't touch the other coil or lead and doesn't bend back enough to touch the post again. I hope this all makes sense.

Eventually you'll find a build you like (what gauge wire (wire thickness) and how many wraps/the diameter of what you're wrapping it around) that if you do the same build every time you won't really need an ohm reader as it'll come out almost the same each time.

Reactions: Chibisaurus

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
Ok yea, with a mechanical mod you'll definitely want to use an ohm reader to check it first. A couple key things with RDA's is first when placing the coils into the posts and tightening them down, make sure the legs (unwrapped wire or leads) stick out the same amount for both coils, the more symmetrical they look they more even they will fire, and second, make sure that the coils only touch the RDA where they go into the posts, keep them high enough that they don't touch the bottom deck of the RDA and make sure they aren't sticking out wide enough that they will touch a side wall of the top cap or barrel. As long as these two check out it's rare to have a short. Also try to make sure that the end of the lead in the middle post (or all posts just as good practice) is cut short enough and bent out so it doesn't touch the other coil or lead and doesn't bend back enough to touch the post again. I hope this all makes sense.

Eventually you'll find a build you like (what gauge wire (wire thickness) and how many wraps/the diameter of what you're wrapping it around) that if you do the same build every time you won't really need an ohm reader as it'll come out almost the same each time.

Thanks! That is alot of great information! I read a blog the other day and it was just so much info I was like :eek: Im going to blow myself up! Haha. I don't know many vapors in town , But I did meet 1 through a facebook group. We are going to meet at a Vape Shop and he is going to show me some RDA / Battery safety :)

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
Thanks! That is alot of great information! I read a blog the other day and it was just so much info I was like :eek: Im going to blow myself up! Haha. I don't know many vapors in town , But I did meet 1 through a facebook group. We are going to meet at a Vape Shop and he is going to show me some RDA / Battery safety :)

You're welcome! There's definitely a lot to learn at first and some of the vaping lingo used may not always be understood by new builders. We've got a great customer service team here that has been specifically trained on coil building and being able to explain it as efficiently as possible. It's always great to have someone to meet up with to show you the ropes too as it's easier to be able to ask questions as they go.

Reactions: Chibisaurus

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
You're welcome! There's definitely a lot to learn at first and some of the vaping lingo used may not always be understood by new builders. We've got a great customer service team here that has been specifically trained on coil building and being able to explain it as efficiently as possible. It's always great to have someone to meet up with to show you the ropes too as it's easier to be able to ask questions as they go.

Im sure once I have everything I will have 64618465 questions xD Thank you for all the info though. It will definitely help!

Reactions: a_rey88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread